If you are an artist by trade or even just as a hobbyist then check out our list of the best iPhone apps for artists.
The best iPhone apps for artists
20 Jan 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This app gives you the ability to apply the grid method to any of your images on your iPhone.
- The grid method was used by artists like Leonardo Da Vinci
- Ensure to get perspective
- Scale right in their drawings and paintings.
- Change the grid’s transparency and color
- Select an image from your library
Best iPhone apps for artists
Create incredible illustrations thanks to tutorials from the famous artist Matt Busch in this app.
- Draw male and female forms from various angles
- Retina display graphics
- Gesture-based controls
- Fullscreen drawing and viewing modes
- Draw along with paper and pencil as you receive instructions
How To Draw app review: become a pro in no time
Here's a free app that allows you to use your fingers to digitally doodle or draw on your iPhone.
- Sketch with a variety of tools
- Plenty of in-app purchases for expansion
- Great for kids
- Full color palette
Become a drawing expert in no time thanks to this app, whether you're an adult or a parent looking for a drawing app for their child.
- Draw faces, doodles, and beloved cartoon characters
- Learn to draw stick figures in action
- Draw flowers
- Learn the techniques behind pencil-drawing
- Simple instructions
Here's an app that lets you paint from the comfort of your iPhone using realistic painting techniques.
- Paint in fullscreen mode
- Flip and transform layers
- Changeable brushes
- Color opacity can be changed
- 14 brush shapes
Art Painting Studio app review: painting app for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
This app combines the fun of painting with the convenient nature of a whiteboard.
- Use it to play pictionary
- 5 painting tools
- Color picker enables you to find the right color with ease
- Shake to erase
- Auto-save functions
This app is especially fun for kids and families who want to communicate through art.
- Neon marker, sketch pen, and magic brushes & pencils
- Save artwork to camera roll
- Resume sketching when you return to the app
- Select and mix colors on the palette
- Intuitive interface