As a busy, on-the-go stock trader it is of utmost importance that you have the right tools with you to ensure you have the information you need and the ability to make the trade when you need it. There are many apps that allow traders to easily make trades while out and about, gain insight, or even help improve their skills without risking their money (or someone else's). Here is our list of the best iPhone and iPad apps for stock trading.
The best iPhone and iPad apps for stock trading
12 Dec 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Bullboard is a stock market app designed by investors for investors. It provides users with a quick and convenient platform to invest, watch and monitor the market and their portfolios. The app is ad free, which always earns praise from us and users. You can create multiple portfolios, multiple real-time alerts, offline access, free paper trading, advanced chart analysis, pre-filtered stock lists, a journal to log notes about your portfolios and a planning tool. Bullboard really delivers on what investors need to trade and track.
- Easy to use, Convenience is high priority
- Ad free app, Created by investors for investors
- Advanced Chart Analysis, Pre-Filtered stock lists
- Create multiple portfolios and real-time alerts
- Journal, Planning tool, Free paper trading, Offline access
Call Levels is a financial monitoring app that’s trusted by investors and hedge fund managers. The app has many features including Memos for every level that you have set, decide what actions to take following a notification and edit Active levels. This app covers over 10,000 + assets including global markets, get market snapshots of the assets that you are tracking, gain market insight, free to use, share your levels with friends and much more. If you want even more Call Levels and enhanced features then upgrade to the Plus Monthly.
- Highly trusted app by investors and hedge fund managers
- Stay up to the minute on prices, Set Call Levels
- Create customized alerts, Set actions to take following alerts
- Easy to use, Highly reliable, Free to use
- In-app purchase for the Plus Monthly option
MOMO is an app that tries to help users get in on the stocks that are trending or hot, so that users can capitalize on the market and improve their overall stock portfolio. Set alerts for breakout stocks, stay informed on stocks that are buzzing, view 52 week highs and lows, message and share stock news or tips with others, focus on sectors that you care about and much more. The app is free to use for up to 5 minutes per day. After that, you will need a subscription per month, quarter or year.
- Stay informed on the trendiest, hottest and possibly financially worthy stocks
- Set alerts for stocks that are getting a lot of buzz
- View 52 week highs and lows, Message and share with others
- Focus on the sectors that you are interested in
- Free for 5 minutes per day, but then need an in-app purchase for subscriptions
Get personalized stock market updates on your portfolio with the EyeOnMyStocks app. It has many great features like push notifications, important market news and events from reliable sources as it happens, analysts’ upgrades and downgrades with alerts, earning reports with reminders to prepare for any potential stock movement, stock thresholds that you set according to your needs, real time price updates, reminders throughout the day and more. This stock market app is free without any in-app purchases.
- Monitor your portfolio with this free stock market app
- Get push notifications, Relevant and updated news
- Analyst Upgrade or Downgrade, Earning report reminders
- Set custom stock price thresholds, Real-time price updates
- Set reminders throughout the day, No in-app purchases
When Apple sings praises of an app then you know that the app is worthy of a download. Stocks Live was touted by Apple and other outlets for being one of the best Stock Market apps for the iOS. It features free sync and trade with major brokers, real time quotes that auto-refreshes every 20 seconds, Global coverage, Buy and Sell signals, unlimited multi-currency portfolios, 450+ market activities, earning calendar, iCloud enabled, over 140+ news feeds and so much more. This app is loaded with options. There’s a base version of the app and in-app purchases to buy additional features.
- Highly touted stock market app
- Real time quotes, Sync and trade with major brokers
- 450+ market activities, 140+ news feeds
- Global Coverage, Buy/Sell signal, Unlimited multicurrency portfolios
- In-app purchases for additional features
Robinhood is a free app that allows you to buy and sell stocks for free. Stop paying up to $10 for every trade! The market data you see is in real-time, you can place trades with just a few taps, and you can easily build a personal watch list. You will pay $0 commission to Robinhood Financial self-directed individual cash or margin brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities using your iOS device. FINRA and SEC regulatory fees may apply, however. Simple color schemes let you quickly discern when the markets are closed and open, and you can track your portfolio through the Notification Center widget. Check our review for more information.
- Put together a personalized stock watch list
- Track your portfolio
- Access market data and quotes in real-time
- Quickly authenticate with Touch ID or custom PIN code
- All personal info is encrypted using SSL
Robinhood - Free Stock Trading app review: stop paying $10 for every trade
Just like the other version of this app on our list, this Stocks Live app is fully loaded and definitely one to consider as your go-to stock market app. In addition to the previously mentioned features above, this app also has Twitter integration, unlimited watch lists, Ex-dividend calendar, private back-up for portfolios and watch lists, powerful search capabilities, an interface that’s both fast and smooth, optimized retina display, compare world currencies, view stock market by sector or industry, incredibly detailed and more. Stocks Live is a powerful stock market app and definitely worth the cost!
- Fully loaded, fast, smooth stock market app
- iCloud enabled, Private back-up, Twitter integration
- 450+ market activities, World currencies, Financial news feeds
- Global coverage of stock markets, Powerful search tools
- Real-time quotes, Free sync and trade, View by sector or industry
StockSwipe for iPhone and iPad lets you swipe through stock cards and discover trade ideas in mere seconds. It offers a simplistic user interface that has a three cards view that lets you discover stocks easier. Unlike other stock analysis apps, this one has very few tools and gives you simple flip charts to help you make investment decisions. Pick a card, tap on it, and you'll see a professional chart with annotation, indicators, and other features; a company profile with general metrics, company summary, sector, and industry, and analysts rating; and a Twitter stream of the stock. Check out our in-depth review of this app including pros and cons.
- Supports over 8500 stocks on AMEX, TSX, NYSE, NASDAQ
- Marketview gives you an overview of the market
- Cardview shows you three cards, randomly suggested
- Simple user interface
- Free iPhone and iPad app for stock trading
This is the free version of the highly popular and incredibly powerful Stocks Live stock market app. In this version you get many of the fantastic tools and features. Additionally, you get to see if this app is for you, without having to spend any money. But, we guarantee once you try this app out, you will definitely upgrade it. The portfolio highlights and tools are worth the download themselves. But, there’s also a wealth of features in this app that includes real-time quotes, global coverage, stock search tools, over 140 news outlets to get the latest financial and stock news, multi-currency supported, iCloud backup or a private backup, free sync and trade with premiere brokers, unique chart viewer and so much more. Check out this free version and then upgrade with the features you need or go for it all and get the fully loaded version.
- Free version of this fantastic stock market app
- Free sync and trade with premiere brokers
- Powerful portfolio features, Reliable search tools
- iCloud backup, Private backup, Global coverage, 140+ news outlets
- In-app purchases for more features or the full version
Stock Market HD: Stocks & Shares (Free Version) allows you to follow the stock market and keep track of stock information. It offers a quick reference list to keep track of all the stocks you've chosen, view stock value and % change of each stock in your portfolio, and you can look in chart view to see changes over time. The app is easy to use, refreshes regularly, is well-presented, and gives you quick access to data for personal trades. One feature of this app that not many other stock trading apps offer is that you can browse news related to a particular stock and share via Twitter and Facebook. See our review for more information on this app.
- Same developer as Currency Converter HD
- Designed for Retina display
- All the details you need
- Easily search and add stocks
- Free with an in-app purchase to remove ads
Stock Market HD FREE app review: follow your stocks
Stockal is an enjoyable stock market app as it not only provides users with the latest stock news from around the web, but it also has a chat feature that allows users to chat with other users, friends, experts and peers. The chat feature will even pull up any stock that you mention during your discussion. The news feature covers potential stocks on the rise or fall, what the experts are saying, and the media’s coverage of possible stock movers. Additionally, you can view analysis of the stocks in your portfolio and the factors that might be contributing to their movements.
- Get the latest news and notes on stocks
- Get expert opinions and media coverage
- In-app chat function to talk with other investors and experts
- Analysis on stocks in your portfolio
- Useful investing signals and indicators