If you want to know how you can turn your iPad into an important part of your film making career, then check out our list of the best iPad apps for filmmakers.
The best iPad apps for filmmakers
21 Jan 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This app is a perfect add-on for when you are going to rec an area for shooting, providing you with plenty of view-finding features.
- Helps you calculate and organize pics
- Know how much of the image will be used by different cameras and the angle of shooting
- Select the different lenses you want to use for filming
- Digital viewfinder functions
- Customized camera
Best iPad apps for filmmakers
If you love making cartoons and animation, then this is the app for you!
- Create your animation film right on your iPad
- Numerous features like infinite number of frames and various artistic enhancements or tools
- Full email capabilities
- Ability to share on your social media accounts
- Complete color options
Best iPad apps for filmmakersThe best animation apps for the iPhone and iPad
This app will calculate the SMPTE timecode, Tempo, and Score Length relationships to wrap up your video.
- Add the musical score for the finishing touch
- Know how much music is needed for each scene
- So easy to use
- Select specific scenes
- Tells you the perfect timing tempos
Best iPad apps for filmmakers
This app will lighten your load as it brings you seven utilities that you will need for all your filmmaking projects.
- State-of-the-art viewfinder for recs
- Save location data with ease
- Electronic slate with logging and rating functions
- Calculate depth of field using a diverse list of cameras
- Three modes for time-lapse shooting
DSLR Filmmaker Toolkit app review: a collection of tools
If you're looking to create a stop motion movie, then using this app will make it super easy for you!
- Use both front and rear-facing cameras
- Time-lapse and images per second capturing functions
- Film editing made easy
- Sound recording options
- Export video into MP4 format
This app will help you create shot lists and schedules right from pre-production to the adaptations that take place on sets.
- Ability to store hundreds of scenes and shots
- Create schedules based on the shots that need to be filmed
- Let the app know how ahead or behind you are by the minute for adjustments
- Includes templates for shot lists
- Dropbox integration
This app will turn your iPad into a pro-grade video camera.
- Plenty of awards by Gizmodo, Apple, Wired, Macworld, and CNET.com
- Real time zoom up to 4x
- Three shooting modes
- Three resolutions available
- Aspect ratio overlays
Got video clips lying around unused? Stitch them together using this app and create an awesome mini-movie.
- Arrange clips in the order you want
- Add audio or music as an overlay
- Effects and filters can be applied
- Social media integration for sharing
- Edit the clips the way you want
This app is great for some family fun time as it allows you to create stop-motion movies out of your real-life Lego sets!
- Get your own timeline on which you can add or remove frames
- Add your own music or choose from 7 soundtracks
- Title cards are fully customizable
- Sound effects are built in and can also be recorded
- Add dialog cards with ease