If you are looking to enjoy or improve your nightlife scene then check out our list of the best iPhone apps for nightlife. These apps provide users with the latest happenings nearby including details like the club’s DJ, the best local bars, suggestions, photographs of local establishments, free champagne bottles, guest lists, purchase tickets and more. With this list of nightlife apps, you will never sit at home wondering what to do on a weekend again.
The best iPhone apps for nightlife
24 Apr 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Looking to make the most of your nightlife? Social Status is just the app to help you with that. Find which bars or night clubs that crowds are at and mingle with the masses. This app allows you to search restaurants, bars, night clubs and other establishments to see which ones have the biggest crowds. If you want to avoid the crowds, then this app can show you which places have the least amount of people. Adjust the day or time to view future crowd levels. This comes in handy if you are trying to make plans for night out on the town. View color coded results on a map and see where all the action is near you.
- Check the status of crowds for locations near you
- Results are color coded based on crowd size
- Great way to see which bars or nightclubs are packed
- Plan your nightlife by joining or avoiding the crowds
- View future crowd levels by day or time
If you are looking to shake things up, improve or add to your already exciting nightlife then check out WINGIT. This app will search through millions of data sources to find some of the hottest and trending events going on in your city. From concerts and bars to exhibitions and happy hours, this app will definitely have something fun for you. Just make sure the app covers your city first. WINGIT will display the results for right now, tonight or tomorrow. So, users are able to plan ahead. This could help you plan a great date or make your weekend an epic one to remember.
- Find the hottest events in your city
- See results for now, tonight and tomorrow
- Shake up, improve or add to your nightlife
- Check to see if your city is covered in this app
- Find offbeat things to do
Do you plan on purchasing alcohol in the near future? If yes, then check out this app and earn some cash back with your next purchase. Additionally, you can get future discounts on alcoholic purchases. Scan receipts and save money, view deals for grocery and liquor stores, and check out coupons for bars and restaurants. If you plan on adding a little buzz to your nightlife plans, then check to see if the store or bar has coupons or discounts and save some cash. There’s no reason to blow all of your cash on alcohol when you can now save and get money back.
- Make your nightlife a little less expensive
- Get cashback when purchasing alcohol
- Look for discounts or rebates
- Get coupons and deals at stores, bars or restaurants
- Easily scan and save your receipts automatically
This revolutionary app will help users discover and book their nightlife like never before. Get that VIP treatment for the hottest events in 45 of the most exciting cities on the planet. InList makes you feel like a star with their recommended nightlife activities and the upscale treatment you can experience. Receive upgraded tables, points towards future purchases, get invites to exclusive galas or trendy events and more. Users can connect with an InList Nightlife Expert 24/7 to book reservations or get some great tips and advice on activities to attend. The app itself, has a beautiful interface, smooth navigation and is easy to use.
- An app that will change your nightlife forever
- Attend some of the hottest events and venues
- Get 24/7 access to a Nightlife Expert
- Discover and book nightlife activities in 45 cities
- Upgraded tables, Points for future purchases, Exclusive invites
Download the app, sign up to become a member and start getting free drinks today. The app does have a monthly membership that costs less than some cocktails. Members will get 1 free drink per day at the top bars and restaurants in the cities that this app is currently Live in. Discover new bars nearby or keep going to your favorite place. Wherever you end up, as long as it’s a location that’s partnered with this app, then you get a free drink. This could definitely add some fun to your nightlife and possible impress that special someone that you are hanging out with.
- Join Hooch and get free drinks
- Get 1 free drink daily at Hooch venues
- Requires a monthly membership
- Go to the same bar or find new places
- App is Live in many Top cities
Nightstir lets you create a group with your friends and easily and quickly share information about where and when to go out. You get special tools that let you easily post ideas for your night out and set your availability for that day so your friends know if you're going out or staying in. Your status options are Staying In, Pre-Gaming, Going Out, Open to Suggestions, and After Hours. This app looks and works the best on an iPhone and doesn't take up much space, which is a bonus. The only drawback is that its success is limited to the number of your friends who use it. Check out our review for more information.
- Quickly and easily share information with your closest friends about your plans for the evening
- Set your status to one of five options
- Privately share the location of your Situation
- Quick Chat option in-app
- Dashboard shows you your friends' statuses
Atmosphere is a cool app that helps others see what’s going on in bars and clubs nearby. This is a great tool for those trying to figure out where to go that night, see if a place is too crowded, or see if a place is popping. Atmosphere can also help eliminate bar hopping as users will be able to decide where they want to go before actually leaving the house. Users can view a 10 second video clip of the inside of a bar or club with video clips being updated about every 10 minutes. Users can also control the camera, see full details about the venue, view clubs or bars on a map, see all the nightlife events going on nearby and ensure a great night out on the town.
- A great way to see what’s going on at a nearby club or bar
- View 10 second video clips of inside the venue
- Videos are updated every 10 minutes
- Control the camera, See full details of each venue
- View clubs and bars on a map, Make plans before leaving the house
Quo helps users by giving them all of the pertinent information on a bar or club so that users can make the best decision on where to go for the night. Whether you are making plans for a date or to meet up with friends, this app can help. Quo provides real-time crowd stats, the ratio of men to women, crowd type, population and more. All of these factors can help you choose whether or not that bar is the best choice for your plans. Very limited cities covered by this app. More cities will be added in the near future.
- Provides information and stats on the bar scene
- Ratio of men to women, Crowd size and type
- Great for making plans for the night
- Choose the best place to visit for dates or to meet friends
- Very limited coverage for cities, More coming soon
SocialNightlife offers more options than just receiving a text from a promoter of an event and then just checking in when you got to the venue. Technology sure has changed when it comes to nightlife! The app started out being used in Las Vegas. It's a hybrid consumer-facing social media and nightlife exploration tool. Nightlife pros who use the app can check in guest lists and VIP customers and track activity. Loyal guests will get rewards like promotions for free drinks and tickets and VIP services based on how they use the app. Regulars are called Ambassadors.
- Started being used in Las Vegas
- Hybrid consumer-facing social media and nightlife exploration tool
- For both nightlife pros (managers and hosts/hostesses, etc) as well as consumers
- Loyal guests are rewarded
- Make your “Appearance” and post photos
Want to go to the SURKUS? This app actually pays you to go to local venues and events after it matches you with experiences meant to be of interest to you. Once you sign up, you'll get availability requests that come with a cash offer. All you have to do is reply back to be added to the list for the CrowdCasting. All you have to do is go to the event after you've been cast, have some fun, and get paid directly into the linked payment account. This app would be great for people new to a city, or for people who need some fresh ideas on where to go and what to do for fun. Check out our review for more in-depth info.
- Get paid to attend social events in your city
- Great for people new to the city
- Learn about fresh new venues you have never visited
- Attend the events after you've been cast
- Get paid into the account of your choice
Swarm is another app from Foursquare. This one turns your day into a game where you get to compete with your friends based on where you hang out, and earn prizes. Try to win the title of “Mayor” at your most favorite spots; just watch out, because there will always be someone gunning for that title. The app lets you keep track of who you've hung out with and where you have been: Swarm will post notifications like “That's 5 weeks in a row at bars!” and other fun stuff like that. Swarm can tell you which of your friends is hanging out where, and you can use the in-app message center to make plans to meet. As a side note, you don't have to use Swarm for your nightlife! Have a look at our review for more details on how to use the app.
- Find out about events around you
- See where your friends are
- Compete with your friends on where you hang out
- Earn prizes and titles like “Mayor”
- In-app message center
Weepo is another app for those who love the nightlife. The principles of how it works are simple: swipe, chat, and meet...tonight! It's like a nightlife organizer and dating app app in one. You can choose the bar or club, or create an event, and see who else is going. Just swipe through the icons of all the people (male and female) who are planning to attend the same location at the same time. You can add your local hangout places to your profile. As one user states, “it's like Facebook and tinder had a baby for clubbing.”
- Nightlife organizer/meet-new-people app
- Choose the location or create an event and see who else is going
- Swipe left or right, chat, and meet tonight
- Add local hangout places to your profile
- A combination of Facebook and Tinder but for clubbing
This one's name says it all. Nightlife is an app that shows you where all the food and drink specials, concerts, and events are going on near you and lets you connect with people who plan on going out. Nightlife is currently available in over 20 cities ranging from Arlington, Texas to Towson, Massachusetts and many in between. You can see posts from people who are in the same city as you, and interact with them when they check in at bars in the area. The list of all the cities on the list are shown on the iTunes app description page; if you don't see your city, email the developers and they'll do the rest.
- See all the food and drink specials, concerts, and events in your city
- Connect with people who plan on going out
- Currently available in over 20 U.S. cities
- See posts from people in the same city as you
- Interact with people when they check in at bars in the area
Keybloc is designed to help users simplify their social lives. This app makes it easy for you to plan events and schedule hangouts with friends, family members or co-workers. Never worry about an event again, because Keybloc will keep you, and whomever you want privy to the details, stay in the loop. Create events on the fly, discover new or trendy events nearby, chat with others about these events and more. Keybloc is very easy to use, quick to create events and has an extremely friendly user interface.
- Simplify your social life
- Plan events and schedule hangouts
- Create events on the go
- Find new and trendy events
- Chat with others about events