For those who are newly engaged, it is a very exciting time in your life. You are over-the-moon about spending the rest of your life with that special person, and likely very pumped about your wedding. But, there is a downfall too and that’s the wedding planning. Most people find it to be a rather stressful, overwhelming, and frustrating experience that can end up putting a damper on the whole day. To prevent that from happening you may want to take a look at these apps that are designed to make things go smoother so that you can completely enjoy your wedding day.
The best iPhone apps for weddings
8 May 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
POPSUGAR has a wealth of wedding information at your fingertips. In fact, you can do just about any wedding activity through this app. Get celebrity or other wedding ideas, view pre-wedding workouts to get in shape for your big day, view registry lists so you can create your own, get some much needed honeymoon advice and more. POPSUGAR will help you plan your wedding and make it the memorable occasion that it’s meant to be.
- A wealth of wedding information
- Get wedding ideas and themes for inspiration
- Pre-Wedding workouts to get in shape
- Honeymoon and Registry ideas or lists
- Plan and create your perfect wedding
Wedding registries are a huge part of the wedding industry as they ensure the couple gets something they want and need, and it makes life easy for the person purchasing the item. The Zola Wedding Registry app allows guests to create a personalized registry, manage the shipments of the gits, and even get real-time notifications once a gift has been bought off the registry. Not only can you register for gift items but you can also register for cash and gift cards at specific locations. To add items to your registry, just use the built-in scanner to automatically enter them.
- The app allows you to register for products, cash, and gift certificates
- You can scan items using the built-in scanner so they are automatically added to your registry
- Get real-time notifications when an item has been bought
- Set up and then manage the shipping of the item
- When used on the Apple Watch you can enjoy a countdown tool
For over 10 years, Honeyfund has been providing couples with a fun and unique way to create a wedding or honeymoon registry. Now, this creative process is easier than ever through the Honeyfund app. Create a beautiful honeymoon registry, customize and further edit it with powerful design tools, receive notifications, a one-stop resource for givers, easy to share with others via Social Media and more. This app will let you register for home down payments, charity gifts, household items and so much more. Basically, whatever you hope, want or need to start your married life, can be created or added to this registry.
- Popular wedding and honeymoon registry
- Create beautiful, customizable registries
- One stop source for givers, Get notifications
- Easy to use and share with others
- Company has been around for 10 years, Very reputable
When searching for that perfect wedding planner tool you may want to check out the WeddingHappy app. Thanks to this app, you'll have all the wedding information you need at your fingertips whenever you want. The app is a basic approach to planning a wedding and takes you through the steps and keeps you organized. Features include being able to keep track of payments, getting payment notifications, there is a wedding countdown that can be found in the Today widget, it supports your native calendar, keep track of contact information for each vendor, email tasks to other in order to assign them, and even use the app to find vendors.
- Your go-to wedding planning tool
- Keep track of all your vendors and their contact information
- Keep track of your payments and get payment notifications
- Email tasks to others
- The app supports your native calendar
If you've decided to modernize the entire wedding invitation approach then you want to take a look at the Paperless Post app. This app makes it possible to create customized wedding invitations as well as other cards, and print them or send them as Ecards. You can get as creative as you like by browsing through the 142 colors, almost 70 fonts, setting the alignment and spacing, and even opt for foil stamping or flat printing. Your Post Box is where you'll find all your invitations whether they are completed or not. Use the app to manage your guest lists, RSVP to other events, chat with the host, and more.
- Customize the look of your eCards and invitations
- Pick your font, color, spacing, and more
- Manage all your cards from the Post Box
- Receive cards from others
- Chat with guests and hosts
Your wedding day tends to go by like a bit of a blur as you greet all your guests, recite your vows, eat, dance, and have fun. So, the last thing you are worrying about is capturing everything on camera. The Moments app is a great way to relive all those special moments in your wedding that other guests manage to capture. Even if you've hired a professional photographer, you're still going to have totally different photos here. Photos can be stored in a group and then sent to multiple people so everyone can take a look. You can set up the photos to appear as a slideshow on Facebook allowing all your friends to enjoy it.
- Take photos and store them in a group
- Share this group of photos with others
- Create a slideshow on Facebook using your pictures
- Allows you to see how an event played out from someone else’s vantage point
- Make use of the search tool to find specific photos
Providing guests with disposable cameras was one of the coolest ways to get photos of your wedding and the reception. Well, the days of these inconvenient cameras are over, thanks to the WedPics app. This one makes it possible for guests to take as many photos as they like and download them to your own Wedding Website. This gives the bride and groom a chance to see what was happening during their special day. If you have guests who are using their own digital camera, they can upload their photos to the website as well. Just set up your site, invite your guests through Facebook/email/or text, and then enjoy the results.
- Share everyone’s photos from your big day
- Create a wedding website where all the photos will be uploaded to
- These photos can be set up to appear in real-time during your actual wedding
- Invite guests to the wedding website by Facebook/email/or text
- There is no need for disposable cameras
Off the top of your head, can you tell someone how many days are left until your wedding? If you had to think about it and still got it wrong then it's time to download the My Wedding Countdown app. The app itself is simple as it count downs how many days are left until your nuptials. You can add photos to the countdown in order to personalize it, you can share it by SMS, email, Twitter, and Facebook and you can set up alerts for the countdown. Another great aspect is the fact this app is ad-free.
- Set up a countdown until your wedding
- Share the countdown through social networks and email
- Add photos to the countdown
- Set up alerts for the countdown
- The app doesn’t contain ads
One of the most well-known wedding planning books ever written is now available in app form with The Knot Wedding Planner app. This app helps you to find vendors, organize your vendors, create endless checklists of tasks, get ideas and inspiration, and make use of the wedding countdown. You'll find the amount of information and ideas to be staggering and may just be exactly what you need to get the ball rolling. As you search through content there are filters to use like the color and category filter, you can save, store, and then send your photos to others, and you can chat with vendors through the app itself.
- The app allows you to find information, inspiration, help you get organized, and stay well managed
- Find vendors through the app
- Chat with vendors through the app
- Set up checklists
- Share ideas