Greeting cards, or E-cards, have become a popular way to express your feelings to someone special. You can also use these cards to brighten up someone's day, celebrate a holiday, or just share in a good laugh. Check out our list of the best greeting card apps for the iPhone and iPad and send one today.
The best greeting cards and e-card apps for iPhone and iPad
28 Feb 2016, by Christine Pamintuan
If you're tired of the standard greeting card that gets sent by email, justWink is going to bring a fresh new perspective. You get to personalize the cards and then choose how you want to send them: by real mail, Facebook, email, Twitter, text message, or using your Apple Watch. You can choose from heartfelt, bold, funny, beautiful, cute, and trendy themes. What makes these cards extra special (beyond being able to have them actually sent by mail carrier) is that you can also add your own signature or doodle after you've dropped in a photo and personalized it with a note.
- Send a card for a birthday, baby, wedding, congratulations, thank you, or just because
- Send by snail mail, email, text message, Facebook, Twitter, or by Apple Watch
- Personalize with your own message
- Add a photo
- Include your own signature or a doodle for the ultimate in personalization
If you’re like me, you strongly dislike getting and giving paper cards and invitations. They're just so wasteful! Paperless Post helps you reduce your environmental footprint while you connect with others during special occasions. You get to customize your invitations to perfectly reflect your style and once all your invitations have been sent, you can also manage your RSVPs within the app. Never fear: if you like the idea of designing the invitation online and then sending paper invitations, you also have the choice to do so. You also have the ability to message guests through the app in the event of changes or to remind them of the upcoming celebration.
- Reduce your environmental footprint with online invitations
- Alternatively, order online and send paper invitations
- Thousands of design choices available
- Manage your RSVPs within the app
- Send messages to your guests and update your guest list
Want to send something special but don't want to send real flowers? Don't worry: send virtual flowers with the Insta Flower Cards app by Shakesperry. The app also helps you plan out your real flower bouquet designs for special events like prom and your wedding. All of the photos are high quality and beautiful and there are many choices for flowers, vases, and accessories. There are also themed baskets and bouquets for Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's Day in addition to those for Mother's Day and others. Pretty much every major holiday is represented with seasonal items. Once you've chosen the flowers to send, you can even save the photo and share it with friends over Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- Design and send a special bouquet or basket of flowers to that special someone
- Plan out your real flower bouquet designs for your wedding or prom
- High-quality, beautiful photos
- Seasonal baskets and bouquets for major holidays
- Save and share your finished photo by Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
Are you going on a trip? Do you plan to send postcards? If so, check out Postale. You can easily create custom postcards using your device and then send through Twitter, email, or Facebook. You'll save time and money on postage! It's quite easy to use: choose the layout and theme, place your photo, type in a message, and then choose one of the retro postage stamps. The app then imprints a unique stamp onto the card showing the date and location from which it was sent. A single click will send your card through the method of your choice. Have a look at our review for more in-depth information.
- Quick and easy way to create and send custom postcards
- Use your own photos you've taken on your trip
- Four card layouts and six themes
- Apply effects and position your photo just right
- Send right from within the app via Facebook, Twitter, or email
Greetme lets you send, receive, and save memorable eCards. As of right now, cards are available for Weddings, Christmas, Birthdays, Get Well, and Love occasions. New cards are added on a regular basis. You can create and send a card to one person or to multiple recipients via email, text message, Twitter, Whatsapp message, and Facebook. Cards send via Facebook are now sent in private messages. Make your friends feel special when they receive your cards; it shows you're thinking of them, especially when you find a card that perfectly suits them.
- Send, receive, and save memorable eCards
- Choose from Wedding, Christmas, Birthday, Get Well, and Love themes
- Send to one or multiple recipients via text message, email, Twitter, Whatsapp message, and Facebook
- Funny and serious cards
- New cards added regularly
Want a pain-free way to create, send, and track even invitations? LetsFlock allows you to invite guests using their cell phone number or email address, then track to see which invitations have been opened, set up push notifications for RSVPs, and send reminders to guests who haven't responded. The app is incredibly simple and easy to use, offers you the ability to personalize the invites with a photo or standard stationary, or even add a poem or personal message. There's also an integrated map and calendar. If you host a lot of parties, you will especially love the option where you can reuse past event guest lists to quickly and painlessly create new events without having to re-enter all the contacts again.
- Create, send, and track invitations
- Invite guests using their email or cell phone numbers
- Track to see which invites have been opened and responded to
- Remind guests from within the app who haven't RSVP'd
- Integrated map and calendar
PhotoCard is a free postcard app that lets you send eCards or real printed and mailed postcards as a beautiful memento. You can use your own photos or one of Bill Atkinson's nature photographs. After you've typed out or dictated your message for the back, you can add stickers and a decorative stamp. You can even make custom stamps and stickers with your own photos. Cards sent by email are free, and ones printed and mailed starting at $1.50 for the card and postage. The app offers a sent card history, confirmation emails to let you know when your card is being printed and when it has been mailed.
- Send eCards or real printed and mailed postcards
- Use your own photos or choose one of Bill Atkinson's beautiful photos
- Type a message or dictate a voice memo up to 60 seconds long
- Add stickers or decorative stamps
- Multiple fonts, sizes, and styles for messages
Hallmark eCards lets you send beautiful, high-quality eCards from your device. The app offers thousands of eCards for every holiday or occasion you can think of. You'll get access to designs of characters like Mickey Mouse and Snoopy, and you can customize your eCards with your choice of fonts and colors. The cards are sent through email, Facebook, or app-to-app. Do you tend to forget special occasions? Sit down and design a bunch of cards, then schedule them to be sent for the entire year ahead! The app itself is free but users must buy a monthly or yearly subscription to send cards.
- High-quality customized eCards
- Animated characters
- Thousands of cards for all occasions
- Send by email, Facebook, or app-to-app
- Schedule your cards for the whole year
It will only take you a few seconds to design and send an ecard through Appygraph, but the happiness it will bring to your recipient will last much longer than that. The app offers over 100 designs and is constantly getting new designs. There are many available for free and there are also premium collections available via in-app purchase. Available themes include Thank You, Happy Birthday, Love, Christmas, New Year's, Thoughts, and Congrats. All of the designs may be personalized with your own text in over 40 font styles. You can instantly share your card via Facebook, Twitter, email, or text messaging. You can also save the card to your camera roll and send it another way.
- Take a couple of minutes to create some happiness for another person
- Free and premium collections
- Thank You, Happy Birthday, Love, Christmas, New Year's, Thoughts, and Congrats themes
- Add a message in your choice of font
- Instantly share via Facebook, Twitter, email, or text message
If customer ratings indicate happy customers, then Red Stamp Cards is a great app. It has 4.5 out of five stars from over 2400 users who love the features this app offers. You can send cards, notes, invitations, and announcements, all designed on your iPhone and iPad and printed and sent off for you. You get to choose your color scheme and use the custom color picker to personalize each offered design. You can take photos from your camera roll, or take a photo in the app. Each card costs less than $3 including postage, which is much less than what you would pay elsewhere. Red Stamp prints the cards on high-quality paper, puts them in color envelopes, and mails them off to your recipients or directly to you.
- Over 2000 greeting cards, invitations, announcements, birthday cards, and thank you notes
- Pre-populated color schemes and custom color picker
- Use your own photos
- Have Red Stamp print and mail them to your recipients or to you
- Payment is made through Apple Pay