Imagine how it would have been back in medieval times when it was all about protecting Kings, Queens, their castles, and ultimately the kingdom. Here’s a collection of apps that are dedicated to castle defense games; each of these are addictive, challenging, and filled with all kinds of cool elements. You’ll love the graphics, the storylines, and the social aspects that many of them feature. The hardest part will be picking just one or two to download, so why not try the whole list?
The best iPad apps for tower defense
19 Aug 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Age of Medieval Empire : Castle Under Siege & local War is a tower defense game you’ll play when you have the urge to fight, loot, and recruit soldiers. Fight against players worldwide in the huge world map. You can trade strategic resources in a real-time online marketplace, join or create an Alliance, and play solo or in multiplayer battle for items and Experience. With the future of the Kingdom in your hands, what will you do?
- Manage strategic resources
- Train your army
- Build your empire
- Join or create an Alliance
- Free with in-app purchases
Monster Castle is a fun tower defense app you’ll enjoy playing this summer on your iPad. This is a new game that will have you surfing along with the Witches, enjoying a cold drink with the Goblins, and annoying with the Orcs. right your way to a win with other players who are all there to do the same. Arrange your defenses to kill off anyone who tries to invade your space, try different strategies, train your dragon to lay waste to your enemies’ castles, and collect items to make your castle stronger.
- Brand new hero Chomp
- New world of original characters
- Fight opponents worldwide
- Daily missions
- Free with in-app purchases
Royal Revolt 2 will have you perfecting your defenses, forging alliances, and summoning dragons in your fight to the throne. Play against real players from all around the world in this award-winning strategy game. It offers multiplayer strategy, great 3D graphics, and the ability to design your battleground as you conquer kingdoms of your foes and explore those of your friends. Simple touch controls make it easy to play so you can focus on your strategy rather than mechanics.
- Play against real players worldwide
- Perfect your defenses
- Work on your strategy
- Conquer kingdoms
- Free with in-app purchases
Castle Clash offers fast-paced strategy where you have to lead an army of creatures in order to become the world’s greatest Warlord. There are over 100 million players worldwide according to the iTunes description so there are always people to fight. You can join in with other players and conquer Team Dungeons, build and fortify your castle, fight off hordes of enemies, take on the new boss, and much more. Lead your Guild to victory, recruit your heroes and boost their skills, and have fun with more than 10 game modes.
- Team up and conquer deadly dungeons
- Over 10 game modes
- Fight your way to glory
- Millions of players worldwide
- Free with in-app purchases
The Tower Madness 2 app is the sequel to the incredibly popular Tower Madness app. In this game you will be faced with a mission that requires a whole lot of strategy on your part as you do your best to stop the aliens from transforming your cute sheep into sweaters to give to the emperor. How far will you go to protect your flock and will it be enough? There are 70 maps that you can work your way through and seven different campaigns that take place in different locations. All of this variety adds to the challenge and fun of the game. In the sequel you will be taking on new enemies, bigger and badder bosses, new weapons, and even new characters.
- This is the sequel to Tower Madness and is a challenging strategy-based game
- There are 70 maps to work through across all kinds of environments and locations
- There are brand-new weapons, bosses, enemies, and characters
- You can save your progress to the Cloud
It's time to check out the third chapter in the Sentinel app offering and this one is titled Sentinel 3: Homeworld. This game is your typical tower defense style game as this one has a futuristic and sci-fi setting, which makes it all the more unique and exciting for players. There are 20 different levels to take on, with 14 maps. There are opportunities for you to level-up and increase your abilities, there are tons of unlockable items, and there are endless modes of play so you can just keep on going and try to reach the highest score possible. The app features HD graphics, supports Game Center and the Leaderboards, and offers a brand-new game engine meant to impress players.
- There are 20 different levels with 14 maps
- There are a variety of game modes including endless mode
- The app supports Game Center and the Leaderboards
- The app offers HD graphics and a brand-new game engine
‘Sentinel 3: Homeworld’ Hits A Tower Defense Home RunTop iPhone and iPad apps on sale for November 10th
Your help is needed in the Tiny Defense app where the Green Planet is being invaded by a horrible army of robots called The Machines. The Green Planet is home to the Minirobots who are peaceful and loving and now The Machines are threatening to destroy everything good on their planet. It’s time to fight back in this tower defense game that is challenging, fast paced, and full of fun. There are 150 levels here, 40 different robots, three episodes of unique gameplay, 32 different enemies to defeat, 30 mini-games, and five different locations.
- The app offers more than 20 hours’ worth of gameplay
- Gameplay is fast-paced, strategy-based, and challenging
- There are an incredible 150 levels with 32 different enemies you need to defeat
- Enjoy the 30 mini-games
- There are five different locations
- Players will love the graphics, the characters, and the fun sounds
Best iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Turned FREE or On Sale In Last 24 Hours (12/4)
Just because you're in the mood for a challenging tower defense game doesn't mean the words "cute" and "adorable" can't be used to describe the offering. The Jelly Defense app can be explained as just that - cute, adorable, yet wildly challenging. You will be playing as the Jelly Forces and will be doing your best to stop your enemy invaders. You are known as the Jelly savior and with that said you are their only and their last hope so you really need to succeed. Your enemies will be difficult to defeat and you'll find there is lots of practice required before you come close to mastering this one.
- Enjoy a strategy-based tower defense style of game that is also cute and adorable thanks to the characters
- Your enemies will be difficult to defeat
- The graphics and sounds are fun and engaging
- This one can be played by kids and adults
'Jelly Defense': Charming Jellies in Need of DefenseMy Top iPhone & iPad Apps Of 2011
The Bloons TD 5 HD app is the full version of this wildly challenging and fun tower defense style game that requires lots of strategizing, skills, and a bit of luck. The game plays out very fast-paced and frantic which then requires you to really buckle down and take control of the situation. You will need to hire Special Agents, pick from a variety of upgrades, build towers, and of course put an end to the invaders. There are 10 special missions for you to complete and over 250 random missions. There are four different levels of difficulty so that kids and adults can play, there are three game modes, and let's not forget it supports Game Center and Achievements.
- Take on more than 250 random missions and 10 special missions
- Enjoy the spectacular and fun graphics, characters, and features
- This game requires lots of strategizing and is both challenging and fun
- The app is great for all ages
Bloons TD 5 HD app review
Are you a fan of the Fieldrunners app that is filled with action, soldiers, and plenty of challenges? If so the Fieldrunners 2 HD app is a must-play app. This game is described as a strategic-action-puzzle-defense style of game, which means all kinds of genres of fun are covered. There are plenty of levels to keep you busy, artificial intelligence that is sleek and feels realistic, a variety of game modes, the ability to upgrade your weapons, and you can also save your progress to the Cloud so you can play on any device and pick up where you left off.
- This is the sequel to the Fieldrunners game
- This app covers a variety of genres which are strategy, defense style, puzzle, and action
- There are a few game modes to choose from
- Play through a number of levels
- Save your progress to the Cloud
- Upgrade your weapons to be even more powerful
Here's a challenge you can't take lightly: it's up to you save not just a few people but an entire galaxy in the FTL: Faster Than Light app. In this game you've been sent out on a rather dangerous mission in your spaceship. You need to manage your crew, pick the best weapons for battle, and also manage your ship so it has the right amount of power directed to the right areas of the ship. You will be fighting against a few different alien races and what's cool is that each of the challenges has more than one potential solution. This makes the game feel fresh each time you play.
- Take part in a battle in space
- You will be fighting against seven different alien races
- There are multiple solutions to each challenge
- You need to make all kinds of strategic decisions that will affect the outcome of the battle
FTL: Faster Than Light app review: a great roguelike with a science fiction twist
It's all about skill and tactics in the Hero Academy app where you will enter a world of magic and swords. This game allows you to play against your friends in turn-based gameplay. You can also chat with your opponents during the games just to rile them up a little. If you'd rather, you can take on a random opponent. Don't expect anything to come easy here as there are all kinds of playfields, which means you never get a chance to get too comfortable. The graphics and sounds are fun and lively, the game controls are simple enough to pick up, and you'll find this one to be filled with action.
- This app allows you to play against your friends or a random opponent
- The app uses turn-based gameplay
- Enjoy the light and fight graphics and sounds
- The gameplay is challenging and addictive
- The game controls are smooth enough that players will quickly pick up on them