Sometimes it’s nice to escape your own life and take on the life of someone else, live in a different city, possibly a different world, and just let your imagination run wild. That’s the beauty behind the SimCity-style of apps that offer RPG style of gameplay that never seems to fade in popularity. Here’s a list of a variety of SimCity-style games that are bound to take you away to a whole other place while you work on building modern, prosperous, and beautiful cities that people want to flock to.
The best iPhone apps for Simcity
17 Oct 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Step into the role of mayor where your job is to start building the absolutely most perfect city there is in the SimCity BuildIt. Your city needs to be appealing enough that it draws citizens in. This is an all-encompassing game that requires strategy, thought, and planning and all of this will be taking place as you have fun. There are obstacles that will try to stand in your way that any mayor needs to be able to overcome. Enjoy this game both offline and online. The graphics are sleek and 3D of course, the game controls allow you to rotate 360 degrees, you can zoom, and you can pinch the screen.
- You will be stepping into the role of mayor
- You need to build an exciting and attractive city that draws citizens in
- The graphics are sharp and fun
- The game requires strategy, thought, and planning
- There are always obstacles ready to hinder your progress
Welcome to the beautiful and scenic Paradise Resort where you will need to overcome all kinds of missions and work through 52 levels. The game is the Virtual City 2 app which is the sequel to the ever-popular Virtual City app. Here you'll be playing in a variety of locations such as Utah deep in the mountains, Alaska snow, the desolate tundra of Nevada, and the beautiful and warm beaches of Florida. You'll need to build things like hotels, museums, restaurants, offices, fitness clubs, and more in order to make your city attractive to people. There are all kinds of achievements you can earn, there are over 70 different buildings, and plenty of unlockables and upgrades.
- Work your way through the levels and missions
- There are achievements to earn and items to unlock and upgrade
- You will be able to build all kinds of buildings
- The game takes place in a variety of locations
Have you often thought about how you would go about building the perfect city? Well now there is no reason to just dream about it thanks to the Virtual City Playground® app. In this app you'll be able to put together your own unique and beautiful city that is filled with excitement, businesses, and people. It's not just businesses you'll be building, though, as you also need to build dwellings so your citizens have places to live. Be sure to provide them with mass transit, set up a bustling retail sales market, build an airport, a casino, a sports stadium, and do your best to create the ultimate city.
- Build a city from the ground up
- Build industrial units, businesses, and dwellings
- Add a mass transit system to your city
- Keep your city clean and beautiful
- Build police stations, fire stations, and hospitals to keep your citizens healthy and safe
- There are Achievements to earn and updates are offered on a regular basis
The My Country app is meant for those looking for a real challenge when it comes to building their own city. There is nothing simple here, as this one requires plenty of planning and strategizing because you aren't just putting buildings up; you also need to think about things like reducing energy consumption, signing contracts, getting rid of things that pose ecological threats, buying transport vehicles, you need to hire the people to work in these businesses, and you also be sure to provide your residents with places to live. It's incredible just how much is involved in building a city. Players will feel like they are peeling an onion as they take on layer after layer of tasks.
- This one requires plenty of thinking and planning
- Players are responsible for much more than just putting up buildings
- The game controls are easy to pick up on
- The graphics are engaging and fun for players
If you can't get enough of the lovable and crazy Simpson family then here's your chance to feed your passion and that's with The Simpsons™ app. Here you will need to step in to clean up a massive meltdown that has now taken out the entire town of Springfield and of course this meltdown is traced back to Homer. Your job is to build the town of Springfield all over again and make it the way you want it to be. You're in for HD graphics, smooth game controls, all your favorite characters and landmarks, and gameplay that is immersive and fun for any Simpsons fan.
- Homer has caused an epic meltdown that has now taken out the town of Springfield and you need to rebuild it
- Build the town the way you want it to be
- The app features all the characters and locations you know and love from the popular TV series
- The game is addictive and immersive
Utopia is just a click away once you download the Pixel People app. Your job is to personally greet all the clones as they enter Utopia, and it doesn't stop there; you then need to find them a place to fit in and give them a role. You need to create a place where 400 clones can live and that each one is given a "special role" in Utopia. You'll be earning cash as you create new jobs, which is important because you can use this cash to expand further and keep growing. If you're a fan of pixel style art then this one hits a homerun.
- Greet and then find a job for 400 clones as they enter Utopia
- Each of these clones has their own special role/skill and you need to figure out what it is
- Make money so you can continue to build and expand the land
- The app features fun pixel-style graphics
Pixel People app review: get access to the world of UtopiaPixel People app review: allowing you to build a city in a colorful pixel art world
The Megapolis app gives users a chance to do more than just build a perfect city they also need to design and then develop such things as seaports, railway stations, airports, power plants (wind, atomic, and solar), and gas and oil mining infrastructure. Once the infrastructure is built, and even in the building process, you also need to manage and control all the finances. There are non-stop tasks to take on, achievements to earn, and rewards to win. The 3D graphics will help to make this one feel more realistic as you use your imagination and take advantage of the over 700 buildings you can build.
- You need to design, develop, and then manage the finances of a massive and booming city
- There are 700 buildings you can put up
- The graphics are 3D
- The game features non-stop tasks, achievements to earn, and there are rewards to win
- The game controls are easy to figure out
Sure it may look like a tiny and quite dull hamlet when you first launch the Dungeon Village app but with your help you can turn it into a bustling place to be. In this app you'll be fighting off monsters, welcoming in warriors, and taking over dungeons along the way. The idea is that you build a safe and pleasing place so that people will want to come and settle in your hamlet. This is an RPG narrative style game where you will need to build things such as magic labs, combat schools, and a place to test your very own alchemic knowledge.
- This is a fun take on the traditional build-a-city style app
- The setting is fun, cute, and lively
- Create a hamlet that is bustling and safe so people will want to come and set up their home
- The app is RPG narrative style
- The graphics are fun, lively, and bright
Dungeon Village app review: welcome to the epic RPG world
Imagine what it was like to live and prosper in the Edo period in Japan? The Oh! Edo Towns gives you a chance to re-live these times in a unique samurai town. It's not just about putting up buildings without thought, there is plenty of strategizing necessary. You need to think about what kind of buildings you erect and where you place them so that you can make combos that will reward you in a big way. Building castles and houses is easy thanks to the controls that let you rotate the screen, zoom out and in, and scroll by touch.
- Take a step back in times to the Edo period in Japan
- Build castles and houses that would have been used during the time period
- Earn combos based on where and what kind of buildings you erect
- The controls are user-friendly and quick to pick up on
- Zoom in and out on the screen
- Rotate the screen and scroll by touch
Best New iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Released Last Week (10/31 - 11/5)Oh! Edo Towns app review: get your own samurai town today
Your imagination is the only thing holding you back in the Venture Towns app. Here your goal is simple: create an incredible metropolitan utopia that has people scrambling to it. Think about what the perfect city should have in it and then build it. This can include things like shopping centres, large towers, mansions, houses, and plenty more. This is meant to be an urban place to live, so that means you want a busy and prosperous city. Residents will need to get to work so they can keep the economy flowing.
- Create a beautiful metropolitan utopia to live
- Build everything a large city needs to keep residents happy
- Residents need to work in order to make money they can spend and filter back into the economy
- Keep in mind the city should be busy, hectic, and filled with people
- The graphics are fun and cute featuring plenty of bright colors