If you’re looking to improve your health and fitness level, learning about your heart rate is a key step. The following list of apps takes a look at a variety of medical tools that offer all kinds of features that will measure your heart rate, track it, graph it, make sense of it, and even allow you to share the data with your medical professional. The apps don’t require any previous medical knowledge in order to use.
The best iPad apps for heart monitoring
1 Feb 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
There's no need to wonder what your heart rate is as the Instant Heart Rate app provides users with a quick and easy solution to checking and monitoring their heart rate. The app will use your camera's flash to get your heart rate, simply place your index finger over it and hold it there for a couple of seconds. What's great is that the app is then able to create a real-time chart that shows what your heartbeat is doing. The app can store you information and then you can share it. There is also a heart rate activity zone calculator and choose between auto-stop or continuous mode.
- Instantly get your heart rate no matter where you are
- Keep a history of your heart rate
- View your heart rate in real-time plotted on a chart
- You have the ability to share your information
- There are a variety of user-friendly tools
Instant Heart Rate app review
If you are a runner then one way to make sure you're getting the greatest benefit from the activity is to check your pulse and heart rate as this sheds light on how well your workout is going. The Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor app makes it possible to take your heart rate using your device's camera. The app will then graph your measurement and keep track. Speaking of health, this one is integrated with Apple Health. As far as what kinds of measurements you can take, go ahead and take your resting heart rate, your pre-run heart rate, your post-run heartrate, and your maximum heart rate. By taking these it gives you a good understanding of where your normal lies.
- Get more from your workout by learning about your heart rate
- The app is able to track a variety of heart rate types (resting, pre workout, etc.)
- The app will graph your measurements and keep track of them
- The app is integrated with Apple Health
Runtastic Heart Rate PRO & Pulse Monitor app review: turn your iPhone into a heart rate monitor
One’s heart rate can be a great way to target and monitor the level of intensity during exercising. Different ranges for heart rates during workouts can help to accomplish goals like lose weight, improve cardio and more. This app helps users monitor their heart rate during workouts and has a host of features to make things more efficient. Compare your heart rate from other workouts, share workout data, add notes to workouts, view data offline, see calories burned, export data, compare overall stats, integrate with Apple’s Health app, design workouts in advance, count reps, resting heart rate and much more. There’s an in-app purchase to remove ads and another to upgrade to the premium version.
- Monitor and track your heart rate during exercise
- Compare heart rate with other workouts, Share data
- Add notes to workouts, View data offline
- View calories burned, Count reps, Resting Heart Rate
- In-app purchases for Premium Features and to remove ads
How would you like to track all kinds of information about your sleep health in order to shed light on a variety of potential issues? The MotionX 24/7 app is multi-functional with its main function being the ability to track your sleep. The app will be working all through the night while you are sleeping and will record the sounds you make. This could include talking, snoring, and even identify if you have sleep apnea which can affect your overall health in a variety of ways. The app may also be used as an alarm clock as it is able to figure out the right time to wake you so that you wake up rested. Of course your information is all tracked and recorded in a user-friendly manner and can easily be accessed whenever you want.
- Track your personal sleep health
- The app will track your sleep all night long recording any sounds you make
- The app will store your data
- The app includes tips for helping you learn to sleep better
MotionX 24/7 app review: the first professional-level activity tracker and sleep monitor for iOS
If you're interested in taking your heart rate and improving your physical health here's an all-in-one solution that can help you out. The Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor + 7 Minute Workout Exercise Routine for Cardio Health and Fitness is not only able to take your heart rate measurement but it also features a seven minute long exercise routine that will help you build up your cardio strength and endurance. This is a high-intensity circuit training program and is made up of 12 different exercises. In order to take your heart rate just place your finger over the rear camera. Your reading will be used to give you an overall fitness rating.
- Use this app to quickly and easily get your heart rate reading
- This reading will be used to determine your overall fitness rating
- The app also contains a high-intensity circuit training program
- The training program features 12 different exercises
Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor app review: measure your heart rate
How would you like to go about your day and your exercise routine with your own personal training tools? The Cardio Buddy Free app uses its own algorithm that was developed by researchers at Stanford and Berkeley to give you accurate heart rate measurements using your face. Unlike most heart rate monitors you will use the front-facing camera and get your reading from various points on your face. There is an auto-stop mode and a continuous mode. The app will start to keep track of your readings so you can see your highs, lows, and averages, and you can view it on a data chart. Share your heart rate through social media and you can even see how your heart rate stacks up to other people and even animals.
- Take your heart rate with ease
- The app uses its own algorithm
- Your heart rate data is stored and tracked so you can see your highs, lows, and averages
- Compare your heart rate to other people’s and even to animals
The Blood Pressure Monitor - Family Lite app is able to effectively measure your blood pressure and your weight health all in one. The app can shed light on your health and because your information is plotted on a graph you will start to recognize trends, which can prove to be very important. The user interface has been set up to be smooth and simple to use and users can customize the offering quite a bit. Your data can be exported and you can import data, make use of the statistics reporting, there are reminders you can set, and you can start to see medication correlation.
- The user-friendly offering will give you a way to recognize trends in your health through tracking and monitoring
- Your information is shown on a chart
- Data can be exported and imported
- There is statistics reporting
- You will start to be able to see medication correlation
Blood Pressure Monitor - Family Lite app reviewBlood Pressure Monitor app review: your personal blood pressure and weight health monitor
Taking your heart rate has never been faster or easier than the Heart Rate. app makes it. This one is a no-frills approach that takes away all the added tools and features that you may not necessarily want. This one takes just a few seconds to launch, take your reading, then display it. All you have to do is place your finger on the device’s camera to get your reading. The user interface is clean and uncluttered taking away all the items that can make the process confusing. Clearly if you're looking for an in-depth approach with statistics, details, and tools galore, this one isn't the one for you.
- This app takes a simple and basic approach to taking your heart rate
- Just put your finger on your device’s camera and the app will measure your heart rate
- The screen is uncluttered and clean
- The app isn’t loaded down with unnecessary tools and functions
Have you got 25 seconds to spare? That's all it takes with the Heart Rate Pro app to get an accurate heart rate measurement. The instructions couldn't be smoother all you have to do is place your finger on the device's back camera, wait the 25 seconds, and you will be given your result. While the app is calculating the measurement you’ll also get to see the results appear in real-time on a chart. Be sure to keep your finger on the lens without moving it during the reading so that it's accurate. The user interface boasts a modern and clean design that will really appeal to users.
- Enjoy the clean, modern, and uncluttered approach this app takes
- Place your finger over the device’s rear camera, wait about 25 seconds, and your heart rate will appear
- As the reading is taking place your real-time measurements will show up on the graph
Heart Rate Pro app review: know your heart beat rate in real time
You don't have to be some kind of medical expert in order to accurately measure your heart rate. The Cardiograph app is like your own little portable lmedical device that you will have with you at all times. It keeps record of your readings and you can also print these records out and export them. The app allows for the tracking of more than one user, you just set up separate profiles. Each time you take a measurement you can add a location and notes to it. If you're having any problems figuring out the app there is a built-in user guide that you can refer to.
- Take your heart rate with ease and count on an accurate reading at that
- Set up multiple profiles so that more than one user can track their readings
- The app will save each person’s readings
- Data can be exported and printed
- There is a built-in user guide
Cardiograph: Heart Rate Pulse Measurement for iPad app review
If you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease or are at risk of developing it, the iHeart Touch app can come in extremely handy. The app is meant to give users a better understanding of the importance of and what cardiac health is. The app can help to make sense of diagnosis, progression of a disease, and treatments for those with coronary artery disease. The app contains text information, animated videos, and interactive simulations that will explain a variety of procedures and issues related to the disease. The app is sleek, informative, and very user-friendly and can prove to be a very powerful medical reference tool.
- The app helps to make sense of coronary artery disease
- It discusses diagnosis, progression of the disease, and treatment options
- The app contains text, animated videos, and interactive simulations to make sense of the content
- The app is a user-friendly medical reference tool that anyone can use and learn from