Martial arts have been around for ages and it’s filled with techniques that take plenty of practice and determination to master. These apps are dedicated to providing users with instructions, motivation, and information regarding martial arts and mixed martial arts. They can be used by those new to the technique and those who are well-versed in it. Because of the variety they offer, you are bound to find one that meets all your needs and feeds your passion.
The best martial arts apps for the iPad
17 Aug 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If your goal is to get stronger, the Ultimate Martial Arts Conditioning Series will help. Add speed and flexibility to your skills to take it to the next level. The instructor is Sang H. Kim, who created a bunch of 20-minute stretching workouts you can use anywhere in order to increase flexibility, improve your speed, and tone your muscles. Each title in the series is $1.99 and once you’ve purchased it you can instantly stream it or download to use offline. Improve your overall health and strength in other sports like weightlifting, running, and more.
- 20 minutes of free instructional content
- Martial arts stretching exercises
- Series of workouts
- Improve strength, agility, speed, and flexibility
- Free with in-app purchases
Are you a member of Exclusive Martial Arts? If so, check out the Exclusive Martial Arts app for iPad. If you’re interested in learning martial arts but aren’t yet a member, you are also welcome to download it and check it out. You get a link to the website, photos, combinations, and form videos to help make sure you or your child is doing the moves properly. If you miss a class it’s great to use this app to stay on track. This one is easy to navigate and the interface is intuitive.
- Learn martial arts
- Follow instructional videos
- See photos
- Learn combinations
- Free martial arts app for iPad
Find out techniques to use if you’re on the spot in a real-life situation where you will need to defend yourself with the Tae Kwon Do Martial Arts app. Prepare yourself for unarmed and weapon attacks, ambushes, and night-time attacks. Learn military-grade Brazilian Jie-Jitsu from instructor Professor Robert LeRuyet, the founder of BJJ in Canada. Learn how to do moves like Shove, Hard Push, Right Hand Haymaker, Push Then Haymaker, Clinch, Hockey Punch, Double Hand Grab, Ground Transition, and many more.
- Learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Defend yourself against unarmed and weapon attacks
- Many moves to learn
- Great instructor
- Free martial arts app for iPad
If you are part of the U.S. Marine Corp then this is an excellent app to have available to you. The Marine Martial Arts app features a training manual that is filled with information for instructors, unit leaders, and individual marines. The manual looks at procedures for close combat, techniques, and proper tactics. The very meaning of close combat is a physical confrontation that takes place between at least two people. Marines may need to use unarmed or armed nonlethal and lethal fighting techniques depending on the situation. The app is divided into chapters that discuss such things as throws, hand-held weapons, ground fighting, strikes, and more. The app also features 15 fitness-related calculators.
- The app is meant to be used by U.S. Marine Corp personnel
- It covers a variety of chapters regarding close combat, techniques, and proper tactics
- There are 15 fitness-related calculators also included in the app
Marine Martial Arts app review: learn the art of hand-to-hand combat used by the U.S. Marines
Do you train in mixed martial arts? The MyMMA Trainer app is meant to act as a mixed martial arts training tool so that you can enhance your knowledge and technique. Included in this app are more than 270 videos, there is a training information section for the workouts, there is a stand-alone round timer, and a workout builder. While you're training you can listen to your music to keep you motivated and filled with energy and you can add your own exercises and save them as favorites. The app is meant to act as a complete manual when it comes to proper techniques and training methods.
- Learn about the proper techniques and training methods for mixed martial arts
- There are more than 270 videos to work your way through
- There is a training information section
- Make use of the built in timers
- You can listen to your music while you workout
It doesn't matter if you're new to martial arts or you've been studying and practicing for years, the Wing Chun Masters app is filled with information. The app is meant to be an educational tool and features text, pictures, and videos. The content is enough to keep users busy for hours. This app covers all the traditional techniques and movements of Wing Chun. What's great is the techniques are broken down into easy-to-understand steps that feature text and pictures. Many of them also offer live action videos. Everything is well laid-out in the app so that you can find what you need with ease.
- The app takes users through all traditional techniques and movements of Wing Chun
- The app can be used by those new to martial arts and those who have been practicing it for years
- The app is simple to navigate
- Each move is broken down to feature text, pictures, and live action videos so they are easy to understand and follow along with
Here's an app that is meant to teach you a variety of ways to defend yourself without weapons. The BJJ Ju-Jitsu for the Street app is described as one that teaches users how to defend themselves in real life situations where you don't have a weapon but you are risking your life if you don't know how to respond. The app features the 10 unarmed attack moves to use such as the right hand "haymaker," the shove, the clinch, the hard push, and more. At the same time you'll learn about how to counter the top 10 weapon attacks that you may encounter so that you can get out of them unscathed.
- Learn about how to protect yourself on the real streets without weapons
- Learn the top 10 unarmed moves
- Learn about how to counter the top 10 weapon attacks that may be thrown your way
- The app is simple to use and follow along with
BJJ Ju-Jitsu for the Street - Military Grade Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu app review: replace fear with power
Learning Karate has never been easier thanks to this tool. The Learn Karate: Beginner to Advanced Lessons app will take users all the way from the beginner stage straight through to advanced moves. The way the app works is that you need to learn three different routines called "Katas" and after you master them you'll move on to the next level. To earn your black belt you will need to master all three Katas in each program. The workouts take a look at conditioning, boxing strength, reaction drills, and the workouts are all flexible. Each of the exercises features a description, videos with a voiceover, and you will be able to track your progress in the app.
- Work your way through all of the programs to earn your black belt
- Each of the exercises features detailed descriptions including videos with voiceover
- You can track your progress from within the app
Learn Karate app review: lets you become a black belt at home
Imagine being able to learn Wing Chun from the comfort of your own home. The Jeet Kune Do KungFu app gives you the way to do just that as you learn about all the basic techniques and a few tricks of the trade. The app takes a streamlined and simple approach so that the learning experience is smooth. These explanations of the techniques will allow you to learn Wing Chun moves that can help you in a situation where you need to use self defense. The app features 30 high quality videos that discuss the different moves and techniques.
- Learn all about Wing Chun so that you can defend yourself if need be
- The lessons are very easy to follow and understand
- The user interface is streamlined and simple so you can move through it without issue
- The app includes 30 high quality instructional videos covering all the moves and techniques
Jeet Kune Do KungFu app review: this totally Kkicks app
Just because your opponent looks bigger and stronger than you doesn't mean all is lost. The How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent in No Gi. Volume 15 app covers all kinds of strategies and techniques that will provide you with the knowledge you need to take on these larger sized opponents and walk away victorious. This app contains almost two hours of instructional video all of which has been professionally filmed and edited so that you are getting the highest quality possible. The video covers strategy, technique, and training drills. Go ahead and mark drills and techniques as favorites so you can easily find them again and you won't even need the Internet to view the videos.
- There’s no need to be intimated by bigger and stronger people
- Learn how to defend yourself
- The app features instructional video that goes over strategy, technique, and training drills
- There’s no need for the Internet to view the videos
- You can mark techniques and drills as favorites
Defend yourself with confidence thanks to the knowledge you'll walk away with in the Wing Chun Kung-Fu & Chinese Martial Arts for Self Defense app. With the help of this app you'll be able to master all the Wing Chun techniques through the easy-to-understand video lessons. The instructions also include plenty of details so you never feel overwhelmed. In total you're given more than 30 videos to work your way through. There are advanced tools available too that provide you with even more videos and techniques arming you with even more knowledge.
- The app is able to take users through all the basics and more advanced techniques of Wing Chun
- There are more than 30 instructional videos
- The videos are easy to understand and follow along with
- You can unlock additional content and increase your knowledge further
- The app is smooth and simple to navigate working your way through the content
Wing Chun Kung-Fu & Chinese Martial Arts for Self Defense app review: learn to kick with just a click