Just because you aren’t sitting in front of your desktop computer doesn’t mean you can’t be productive and organized thanks to this list of apps. Here’s a look at a variety of word processing apps that offer all kinds of basic and advanced tools depending on what you need. Whether you’re a student who needs to be able to take notes in class or a salesperson who is always on the road and needs a way to create documents, these apps can offer solutions.
The best iPhone apps for word processing
10 Jan 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
When it comes to offering word processing tools and features why look further than the Microsoft Word app. With this app you'll have all the conveniences of the desktop version with the mobility you need for your lifestyle. The app is capable of word processing, obviously, but you can also add in charts, tables, images, SmartArt, equations, and footnotes with ease. You can send attachments by email, you view track changes, edit your work, the app supports AirPrint, and it automatically saves your work. Probably one of the best parts about the app is that it feels so familiar to users.
- The app is familiar and user-friendly
- The app supports AirPrint
- Make edits and track changes
- Create and open documents
- Add charts, tables, images, SmartArt, equations, and footnotes
Microsoft Word app review: edit your documents on your device with ease
Over 50 million users across the world are using this wonderful office app. It’s relatively small in size compared to other office apps. It’s compatible with Word, Excel, Power Point and PDF. You can also convert PDFs to Word. Draw and edit ideas, take pictures or videos and insert into documents, connect via any iDevice, powerful search function, Cloud backup and sync, collaborate with others, free templates and much more. There are in-app purchases for various services and to remove ads.
- A very popular office app, Over 50 million users
- Compatible with Word, Excel, PDFs and Power point
- Draw, Handwrite, Add media files, Powerful search tool
- Backup and Sync via Cloud, Collaborate with others
- In-app purchases for other services and to remove ads
Creating documents and editing them on the go is possible with the iWord Processor Pro for Microsoft Office + PDF Professional app. Not only can you create a document from scratch but you can also open documents and then edit them. The app supports conversion from PDF file to Word file and vice versa, you can remove and add pages to a PDF file, make use of the built-in templates, and the app even offers voice dictation for smooth and fast productivity. The app is able to work offline and online and to ensure your content stays safe and secure you can set up a password to protect it.
- Create, open, and edit documents
- Set up password protection
- The app is simple to use
- The app supports voice dictation
- You can convert PDF file to Word file and vice versa
iWord Processor Pro for Microsoft Office + PDF Professional app review: a powerful word processor with PDF converter
Travel around with your entire office thanks to the Documents Pro 7 app. Through this offering users can create, print, organize, and store all their important files, photos, spreadsheets, audio recordings, and videos. Additional features include automatic back-up of your content so you don't have to worry about anything being lost and the app supports iCloud so you can sync your content. Transfer your content in a variety of ways, email content, and the app makes it possible to print what you want. The user interface is smooth and streamlined so that you can move around with ease and be as productive as possible.
- Create, print, organize, and store content
- Transfer content in a variety of ways
- The app supports AirPrint
- The app supports iCloud
- Use with photos, spreadsheets, audio recordings, videos, and documents/files
- The app is user-friendly and uncluttered
DOCUMENTS 2 app review: easily manage your documents, spreadsheets, photos, videos, and more
Word processing is no longer something you can only do on a desktop and the Quip app proves this point by delivering a full productivity suite for users. The app is multi-functional in that you can create spreadsheets, task lists, documents, chat conversations, and plenty more all in one place. Because you can do so much in one place it actually helps with organization as there's no need to move from app to app. The real-time messenger only adds to its productivity and the app supports import and export of files from a variety of sources/places. Let’s not forget that this one is highly user-friendly making for an offering that is hard to turn down.
- Import and export content
- There is a real-time messenger tool
- Create all kinds of content in one central location
- The app even works on your desktop
Quip app review: a new take on a word processing app
Do you need a way to access and create spreadsheets and documents, and view your PDF files to make edits? The WPS Office Free app can do all of that and more and is also compatible with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Another great feature is the fact that this app takes up very little space so you won't have to worry about it eating up memory on your device. This app gives users a way to open up their files, make edits, create new files, put together incredible spreadsheets and presentations, and access all the advanced tools they would expect on the desktop.
- Open, create, view, and make edits to documents
- Compatible with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- The app is small and won’t take up much space
- There are basic and advanced tools
WPS Office: FREE Mobile Office + PDF app review - a full-featured office suite for your mobile device
If you're a writer then why not liven up your hobby or job with the Match app? This app has been created for writers so that their writing process goes as smoothly as possible. The app is dedicated to providing a streamlined and clean workspace so that users can focus on the content. The app supports Dropbox and iCloud, it integrates with LauncherPro/TextExpander/Fleksy keyboard, and it offers a text search tool that can prove to be very handy. You can even choose between a variety of typefaces and themes so the app stays engaging. All in all this one manages to feel unique, useful, and needed.
- The app supports LauncherPro/TextExpander/Fleksy keyboard
- The app supports Dropbox and iCloud
- Choose your typeface and theme
- Enjoy the uncluttered approach
- Make use of the text search tool
Wisdom Writer app review: a writing and rich text processor to help you create perfect documents
You've got a mobile device so why not take advantage of it and allow yourself to truly be mobile. The Documents Free app acts as a mobile office suite so that all the tools you need to be productive are available at your fingertips. There's no need to make sacrifices to quality just because you're using an app. This one supports Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, and Drop Box so that you can easily access and open all your important documents no matter where you are. The app has taken a streamlined approach with the user interface and you will find the text editor to be well laid out and filled with handy tools.
- The app supports Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, and Drop Box
- This is a full mobile office
- Access and open documents
- Make edits with the text editor
- The user interface is streamlined
Documents Free (Mobile Office Suite) app review
Here's a multi-tasking app that is out to fill all your media, downloading, and reading needs. The Documents 5 app makes it possible to download documents and manage your documents, make use of the media player, and you will be able to read our PDFs with ease. It’s great for business and personal use thanks to its wide variety of features. Some of the stand out features include being able to download documents straight from the web, save pages if you want to read them later on, manage all your files, share files, and the app syncs with Google Drive, Dropbox, and iCloud. As an added bonus you can protect your content with a password.
- Syncs with Google Drive, Dropbox, and iCloud
- Keep content private with password protection
- There is a built-in media player
- Download documents from the web
- The app has a built in reader
With the Citrix ShareFile QuickEdit app you can do it all in one convenient location, allowing you to be productive and streamline the process. What can this app do? Use it to create, view, and edit your documents, presentations, and spreadsheets while on the go. The app will automatically save your edits so you don't have to worry about it, you can print from the app, and you can access content from DropBox, ShareFile, Google, and Box to name a few. Share content by email and ensure all stays private with the password protection.
- Access content from DropBox, ShareFile, Google, Box, and more
- Share content by email
- The app supports AirPrint
- Create, view, and edit your documents, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Use the password protection tool
- The user interface is well-laid-out