Are you constantly confused about how much of a tip to leave and often find yourself frantically trying to figure out the math in your head? Worse yet, what happens when it’s a group of you splitting the bill and then also trying to split the tip? Here are a number of apps meant to help you figure out how to split the bills, what to leave as a tip, and basically take all the worry off your plate. Instead, you’ll get instant and easy answers through these offerings.
The best iPhone apps for tipping
9 Aug 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you're struggling to figure out the proper amount of tip to leave on the bill all you have to do is launch the Tipulator app and get an instant answer. Just enter in the check amount and the app can figure out the tip without including the sales tax. You can even use the app to split the check and the tip among people, which is ideal when out with a group. The app will round up or down depending on how you've set it.
- Enter in your check total to get an instant answer on what to leave as tip
- The app will figure out the tip amount without include the sales tax in the calculation
- Use this app to also split the check total and tip total with a group of people
- You can adjust the rounding up or down settings
- The calculations are instant and very easy to get
Tipulator app review: tipping simplifier
Most people are aware than food service folks are relying on tips to make a decent wage, but calculating a fair and appropriate tip isn’t always easy. Get your tip calculation correct with Tap Tip. Simple tap and swipe to get the information you need. The app can handle a host of tipping permutations, include splitting the bill with up to 100 people. Users can calculate tips based on service, or convert for a currency, and more. The app works with Apple Watch which makes calculating your tip in front of a date or business associate all the more discrete.
- Get tip calculation correct
- Tap and swipe
- Split the bill up to 100 ways
- Works with Apple Watch
- Enables discrete tip calculation
Whether you are traveling abroad for the first time or are a frequent flyer, this app will come in handy. Calculate your tipping amount and total in USD as well as the local currency to ensure you're tipping right. This will also help you keep tabs on your spending. The app supports dozens of countries and even displays exchange rates and tipping customs for every country.
- Calculate your tipping amount and total
- Local currency and USD
- Supports dozens of countries
- Exchange rates
- Tipping customs in each country
When it comes to tipping, doing the math is tricky enough, but what do you tip the cabbie or the hairdresser? Should you tip the concierge at your hotel? Get Tip Check and get all the information necessary to make sure you are making the best tipping choices for all the important service providers in your life. The app calculates your tip, or helps you split your bill, in a smooth and easy to use interface. The app works without Internet access, and it supports Apple Watch. Save face and save money but getting the tip calculation correct.
- Tip calculator
- Split your bill
- Get information on who to tip and how much
- App works without internet access
- Compatible with Apple Watch
It’s terrific fun to go out with friends and enjoy a nice dinner, but the fun has a way of stopping when the bill arrives. Get Tip Splitter and get the fastest and easiest way to split the bill amongst the table. Maybe you’re paying the bill, and you just don’t know how much tip to leave? Just skip the split field and the app will calculate the tip based upon a percentage you decide. The design is super easy to use because rather than a traditional calculator, it has only the necessary fields for tip calculation. Just enter the bill total, the number of people splitting, and the percentage of tip agreed upon.
- Tip calculator
- Split the bill among a group
- Select a percentage for tip
- No unnecessary functions
- Free tip calculator for iPhone
Here's a visual approach to your classic tip calculator that is engaging, simple, and fun to use. The Tip Calculator Free app is not only cool looking but it's also extremely useful as you will quickly be able to get the tip amount and figure out how it's split between friends. The idea is that this one is really fast to use yet feels unique. The way it works is that you tap on the number of people, tap on the amount of stars you wish to give for service (which represents the tip percentage you set), then get your total. The app is able to automatically find the correct currency to use based on your location. When you're ready to figure out a new calculation, just shake your device.
- This app is simple, streamlined, and takes a visual approach
- Set the tip percentage
- Split the bill between a number of parties
- The app automatically finds the correct currency based on your location
- Shake your device to clear the screen
Tip Calculator Free app review
How many times have you been really impressed with the service you've received at a restaurant and you want to be sure you leave a fair tip, or on the flip side you were less than impressed and you want your tip to reflect that? The Tip Calculator % Free app is a simple and quick way to figure out exactly how much to leave on your bill. It's got a rounding feature to make things easy and you can split the bill. All you have to do is enter in the total and the app figures out the rest.
- Enter in your bill total and let the app take care of the rest
- The app has a rounding feature
- You can split the bill as many ways as you want
- The numbers on the screen are large and easy to read
- The user interface is basic yet inviting
Tip Calculator % Free app review
When it comes to a simple and clean design the tiptab app has you covered. This app is streamlined in every sense giving you the ability to instantly figure out the proper tip amount. You've got the ability to set the tip percentage you want to leave, you can split the bill, you can send the bill summary by SMS or email, and the tools use slide functionality so they are quick and easy. There are a variety of themes available and to clear the screen just give the device a shake.
- The app uses an elegant and simple user interface
- Shake the device to clear the screen
- Use the slider tools to set the tip percentage and how many ways you want to split the bill
- Send the bill summary by SMS or email
- The numbers on the screen are large and easy to read and calculations are made instantly
Tiptab app review: simply perfect
If you've walked away from a meal wondering if you paid your fair share of the bill and tip then the Plates by Splitwise app is a great tool to use. This one makes it possible to add items to the app and then put them on individuals plates using drag and drop functionality. This will adjust the total in real-time and make it clear who owes how much. This is great when you’re out with friends all ordering your own meals that are obviously going to be different prices. The app can support up to 10 people and ensure that no-one overpays or underpays.
- Keep track of up to 10 people’s meals using drag and drop functionality
- The total bill is updated in real-time
- Clearly view who owes how much on the bill
- The app also shows taxes and tip
- Ensure that no-one overpays or underpays for a meal again
Plates by Splitwise - split dinner bills with ease app review: haggle-free check splitter
Here's a way to keep your own running tab among friends and keep track of who owes what at the end of the meal. The Tab app has been designed to be a user-friendly way to split the bill among people. The way this one works is that you take a photo of the bill and then you tap the item in order to claim it. Here's the cool part, you will all be able to do this from your own device as long as you’ve got the app and then you can see it updated in real-time as each person claims their item(s). Not to worry the app will also figure out the tip and tax for you.
- Take a photo of the bill then let each person “claim” their item(s) from their own device
- The app automatically adds your share of the tip and total
- The claiming of the items happens in real-time so each person can see it on their device
- If you are all treating someone you can also divide that person’s share equally
Tab - The Simple Way to Split a Bill app review: snap, split and done