Are you the kind of person who has an eye for detail and an excellent sense of memory? There are games for kids and adults here and even if you don’t have the greatest memory skills this is a great way to sharpen your mind and learn how to start narrowing in on details.
The best iPad apps for memory games
1 Jul 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This memory game is fun for users of all ages. There are 30 levels to complete, for you to win the game. Each level consists of 12 rows of discs and you must collect all of the Non Ad Discs in order to earn points. If a Non Ad Disc hits the grinder, you lose. If you click on an Ad Disc, you also lose. So, not only do you have to recognize the difference between the two types of discs, but you also have to make sure not to let the right ones hit the grinder. This game has just enough of a challenge to make its simplistic style more engaging and fun.
- Memory and concentration game
- 30 levels to complete in order to win the game
- Collect Non Ad Discs to score points
- Simple concept, Fun and Challenging
- If Non Ad Disc hits grinder or you collect Ad Discs then you lose
With over 8 million members worldwide, this app has certainly proved to be a fantastic way to boost your cognitive and memory skills. There are over 24 different mind games with a total of 720 levels to conquer. Additionally, there are soothing and simple mind exercise to reduce stress, fantastic graphics, easy user interface, personalize workouts for each day, scientific tests to track your progress over time, view your stats and much more. MEMORADO has subscription options to access the full potential of this app.
- Over 8 million members worldwide
- 24 different mind games, 720 levels
- Soothing exercises to reduce stress and restore balance
- Track progress, View Stats, Personalized workouts
- In-app purchases for subscription options
Who says that screen time is bad for your brain? Redeem that time by working your brain with Matchingo. Matchingo is not your Kindergarten teacher’s version of memory. As you play you can earn coins and unlock opportunities to customize this unique memory game. Playing this game will increase focus in younger players and work the brains of older players as it’s just as fun for anyone. Users can select from backgrounds, cards fronts, and images. Try Matchingo and see if you can find the matches before the time runs out. The app is free with in-app purchases that will remove adds, add coins, or unlock it all for $1.99.
- Work your brain
- Unique memory game
- Unlock customizable options
- Fun for players of all ages
- Free with in-app purchases
Memory - Freemium is a memory game for the whole family. You might know the game as pairs or concentration, and you almost certainly played it as a kid. Players are presented with a series of mystery cards. To play, you may turn over only two cards at a time. As you turn pairs of cards over, remember what you have seen, until you have uncovered two of the same image. When you see a familiar image, recall where it’s match was, select the match, and the cards are “solved.” The faster you match all the cards, the higher your score will be.
- Classic game of memory
- Concentration game
- Turn over two cards at once
- Find matching cards
- Faster matches are higher score
Who says the digital generation is missing out? Think again. Memory Master is a fabulous and fun game that will improve your short term memory! This game is easy and fun enough to be played by users of any age. Players who are on social media will love challenging their friends to see who has the best memory. Choose from Classic mode, which tasks users with recalling and repeating a series of colors, or Animal mode, which challenges players to recall a series of animals. Enjoy cute graphics, bright colors, and get a good cerebral work out too!
- Memory game
- Classic mode
- Animal mode
- Challenge friends on social media
- Improve short-term memory
Just because you don't have a memory like a steel trap doesn't mean you can't improve what you do have. The Lumosity app is a popular education tool that allows you to train your memory through a variety of exercises and mini-games. You will also be working at improving your attention span, which of course can help you in all kinds of areas in life. This app has actually been created by neuroscientists so you know you're getting proven techniques. The idea is that while you're busy having fun you're actually training your brain.
- Train your brain
- Work on memory and attention skills
- Users will play a variety of mini-games
- The app is user-friendly
- The games are challenging and fun
- Developed by neuroscientists
- The app is very popular and is really causing quite the stir
It's time to play the classic game of Memory where everyone is welcome. The Memory! app will have you matching up pairs of cards that are always bright and colorful, which makes this one a bit more geared to kids. Of course it’s a game so you’ll be having fun but there is an educational aspect to it. This one will help kids with their attention to details, their concentration, and of course sharpen their memory. What's great is that the app offers three different levels of difficulty so you can adjust it to meet your child's skill level.
- Great for kids
- The cards are bright and vivid
- Choose from three difficulty levels
- Easy to understand and play
- Works on attention to detail, memory, and concentration skills
Memory! app review: fun and addictive memory match game
Are you ready for a workout? This isn't your typical workout though instead the Elevate - Brain Training app provides users with a training program meant to help with processing speed, focus, memory, communication, and math skills. With its more than 30 games it's a well-rounded program that manages to highlight all kinds of different areas of your brain. It's suggested you use the app at least three times a week to start seeing results. The app automatically adapts to your level and it keeps track of your performance. Be sure to use the workout calendar to stay on track.
- Train your brain
- There are over 30 games
- It’s a well-rounded program
- The game helps with all kinds of skills
- Work out at least three times a week with it
- It keeps track of statistics
- The workout calendar keeps you on track
Elevate app review: a different kind of Brain Training
Are you lacking when it comes to concentration skills, memory skills, have a hard time recognizing things, and don't always have the best reaction speed? The Fit Brains Trainer app can address all of these issues through its variety of games and workout sessions. In total there are more than 360 workout sessions you can take part in and 24 different games that workout your brain. You'll be able to improve all the above-mentioned skills plus see improvements in your attention span, your IQ level, your mood, how quick you can think through a problem, and more.
- There are 360 workout sessions
- There are 24 different brain games
- Improve your IQ, attention span, memory, problem-solving, hand-eye coordination, recognition, reaction speed, and so much more
- The app can help you function better at work, school, and in everyday life
Fit Brains Trainer app reviewFit Brians Trainer app review: grow your brain to improve your memory and more
Sure, music is enjoyable to listen to but did you ever think about it in another way, a way that can prove to be educational and useful? The Music Game: improve your memory app is a fun game before anything else but it will also work on improving your memory skills as you play. You will work your way through the levels that get increasingly harder as you play. A sequence of notes is played for you and you need to remember it and enter it in correctly. The app supports Game Center and Leaderboards as that extra level of challenge.
- Remember the sequence of tones
- The levels get harder as you progress through them
- The app supports Game Center and Leaderboards
- Improve your memory skills
- Gameplay for all ages: adults and kids