Instead of wasting gas as you drive around trying to find the nearest and cheapest gas station, these following apps can do all the legwork for you. Thanks to these offerings you know you’ll be getting the best prices out there and they also offer all kinds of additional tools that can make driving around much more pleasant. It’s just a matter of how multi-functional of a tool you’re looking for when it comes to these gas-finding apps.
The best iPhone apps for finding gas
8 Feb 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Always be sure you have the best prices possible with the GasBuddy app. This app can save you all kinds of cash by finding the cheapest gas station near you. The way it works is that it searches by postal code or by city. The community of users keeps the prices updated and current, which means you can also give back and post prices. When you do report gas prices you'll earn awards and points. Each day there is also a $100 draw. The app supports gas prices in the U.S. and Canada and is really fast and easy to use. View your pricing results as a list or on a map.
- Find the cheapest gas by postal code or city
- Report gas prices and earn points
- The app supports gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
- View results on a map or as a list
Instead of relying on a computer to give you gas pricing information and traffic information you can turn to the Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic app which is run by the community of users. The community will keep you on top of any alerts on your route as well as gas prices so you can find the cheapest stations. Additionally, this app is idea for navigation providing users with turn-by-turn voice guided directions. It offers real-time traffic information and routes you based on it. You'll be given an ETA which you can then send to friends and family.
- The app relies on the community of users for gas information and traffic alerts
- Get turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- You are given an ETA that you can share with your family and friends
- If road conditions change the app will automatically re-route
'Waze' Turns Your Commute Into a Traffic-Free Social Experience Best iPhone Apps For Navigation Best iPhone Apps For NavigationWaze app reviewWaze app review: A GPS navigation and social traffic sharing tool
Do you use alternative fueling? If yes, then this app will help you find alternative fuel stations near you. This app requires the usage of GPS and your current location. It will then find the 20 closest stations within a 30-mile radius. View these stations on a map or list by order of distance. Adjust filters, select your alternative fuel of choice and more. This app gets its information from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Alternative Fuels Data Center. It’s the most comprehensive database in the world.
- Find the closest alternative fuel stations
- Lists 20 closest stations within 30 miles
- View locations in list form or on map
- Adjust filters based on your needs
- The most comprehensive database of stations
If you drive an electric vehicle then you should check out this app. Its clean interface and cool features makes it easy for users to find the closest stations to recharge. View the closest locations on a map or a list. Then select a station and read about the details like access, plug type, energy, price and contact information. This app also allows users to plan ahead of they’re going on trips, to add stations to the growing network and a real-time status for any station.
- A fantastic tool for electric vehicle owners
- Find the closest electric charging stations
- Save or share stations, Add new stations to network
- View stations on a map or in a list, Get real-time status
- Plan ahead with a trip itinerary feature
Because gas prices are constantly fluctuating it can be hard to find the cheapest gas. That's where the Gas Guru app can totally change how you go about filling up. This app works by finding the cheapest gas near you and then compares the prices. It gives users the chance to plan their drive and where they fill up based on pricing. You can filter your results by the fuel grade or by gas. Results can be shown as a list or on a map, whatever you find easiest. The information you are given is the name of the gas station, its address, its distance from you, and the price.
- Find the cheapest gas to you
- View results on a map or as a list
- Filter your results
- View the name of the gas station, the price, its address, and its distance from you
- The app is user-friendly
Gas Guru app review: quickly and easily find cheap gas prices in and around your local area
It's time for the mobile version of the wildly popular gas station finder. The Pure Gas app is able to give you a list of 100 nearby gas stations that are ethanol-free. The results will be displayed from the nearest station to the one furthest from you. Once you find the gas station you want to use just tap on it to get instant driving directions. Results can also be viewed on a map if you prefer. The app also has some tracking tools so you can track your trip distance, fuel mileage, fuel type, and fuel price. This app can end up saving you tons of time.
- Find the nearest 100 gas stations that are ethanol-free
- Results are displayed as nearest to furthest
- View results on a map
- Get instant driving directions
- Track your trip distance, fuel mileage, fuel type, and fuel price
What's the best way to figure out if your car is a gas guzzler or quite the fuel saver? The Mileage Keeper app can answer that question for you by tracking your car's fuel economy in a user-friendly manner. The way this one works is that each time you stop to fuel up your car, you enter in the odometer reading so it can track the distance you're covering on that fill up. You can add notes to the refueling if you like. Before you know it you’ll have an accurate reading on your vehicle's fuel economy. This one supports litres and gallons. If you need to use the information for business purposes you can export your data by email.
- Enter your odometer at each refueling
- Get results fast and learn your car’s fuel economy
- Supports litres and gallons
- Export the data in an email
There's no need to guess when it comes to your vehicle's fuel economy, car mileage, and maintenance expenses thanks to the Road Trip Lite • MPG and Mileage Tracking app. Go ahead and add all the data you want to this app as it can handle it. You'll be able to stay on top of all your car's details and adding information is quick and easy. What's great is that your data and statistics are easy to read since they appear on a graph. The app supports both gallon and liters and you can do a partial fill-up and still continue tracking.
- Track your vehicle’s fuel economy, car mileage, and maintenance expenses
- Add as much data as you want to track
- View your details on a graph
- Supports gallons and liters
- You can do a partial fill-up
Take control of your car and its fuel consumption by tracking it through the tools offered in the Gas Manager app. With this app you'll be able to input details with ease so you can start viewing data such as you gas consumption, the cost of gas per mile/kilometer, mileage per month, mileage per gallon/litre and more. For those concerned about leaving a carbon footprint this is an excellent way to tell if your vehicle is actually a gas guzzler or not. The app is able to figure out a carbon footprint using a special formula. If you'd rather, you can import your data by a CSV file.
- Input details with ease
- Use the carbon footprint formula to see where your car stands
- Track all kinds of data regarding your car
- The app is user-friendly
We all know how helpful the Yellow Pages so why not have them accessible to you on your mobile device? The YP - Yellow Pages local search app makes that possible by giving users the ability to find more the more than 20 million businesses in its database. So what can you find in this app? You'll see all kinds of different businesses and showtimes for movies; you can check out menus and order food from within it the app; you can find nearby gas stations and see the prices; you can read customer reviews and ratings for businesses; and you'll be able to make use of the many maps. Bookmark all your favorite places and make notes on top of it.
- Find all kinds of businesses, gas stations, and restaurants
- Browse menus and order food
- Read customer reviews and ratings
- Bookmark your favorite places
- Add notes to businesses
- Make use of the maps