When it comes to RPG-style games, one of the most popular are the Simcity offerings. These apps allow you to step into the lives and roles of other people and live a fantasy life if you will. Here’s a collection of Simcity apps that are filled with all kinds of ways to create your own city filled with busting and thriving businesses, and people with busy lives that you need to keep happy.
The best SimCity apps for the iPad
23 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Paradise City app allows you to design your own dream city on an exotic and tropic island paradise! Your goal is to build a beautiful metropolis on this paradise of islands, just starting with some farm land on an exotic island bay. Build it your way, starting with a little village, adding lots of resorts and buildings and grow your own city island with this iPad app for sim city.
- Online & Offline playable
- Tropical Paradise setting
- Seaside Hotel & Resort game
- Your virtual tycoon game
- Highly addictive in a good way :)
Design, build and manage your town; build a city, help it grow and evolve it into a huge metropolis with the sim city game app for iPad. Want a river flowing through your city? With the Designer City app, it is not a problem, just create one. Want to create a commercial powerhouse? No problem, zone a downtown area and build massive skyscrapers. Want to create a carbon-neutral city? No problem, use green power stations and carbon-offset with buses, trains, parks, lakes and forests.
- Suitable for all ages and all skill levels.
- Create stunning city skylines or use built-in advanced analytics to optimize your city.
- Get creative freedom to build your city in your own way.
- Watch as a new landscape is dynamically created for you.
- Play over and over again with city reset function
Welcome to the City Mania - the best new city-builder game in town. Now is your chance to be the owner of the awesomest city ever. Build, expand, customize -- the decision is in your hands.
But don’t stop there: Recruit dozens of quirky characters, add them to your collection and watch as they populate the streets and bring your city to life.
- Craft hundreds of unique, gorgeous buildings and expand from a peaceful little town to a big bustling metropolis
- Decorate your city with famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Space Needle or the Colosseum
- Meet and collect tons of funny characters with their own unique personalities
- Assign your Bizzies to jobs, where they can collect experience and reward you with valuable resources
With this app you can build your own Bit City. Start from a tiny town and grow to a thriving metropolis in this city building idle game from the creators of Tiny Tower. Collect profits and invest in upgrades that keep your city growing. Unlock cool new buildings, including famous landmarks to customize the look of your city.
- Fill your city with new types of cars, planes and ships
- Unlock buildings and locations
- Grow each city
- Simple and friendly user interface
It's always fun to imagine how you'd redesign your own city, what you'd do to make it amazing and draw people in. The SimCity BuildIt app gives players the chance to take over the role of Mayor and put this city on track for greatness. You'll be building your city from the ground up as you decide where the buildings should be placed. You will want to set up trade with other cities to keep your citizens happy and supplying then with their wants and demands. Take control of the services and offer reliable and dependable ones, collect taxes to pay for all the changes you're making, and become totally immersed in a whole other world.
- Become the mayor and build a bustling city
- Place buildings where you want
- Control the services
- Keep the citizens happy and satisfied
- Set up trade with other cities
A beautiful and futuristic city isn't something that far off in the future. However,, if you don't want to wait, then you can make it happen right now with the Megapolis HD app. This is a city-builder game where you will need to construct buildings, seaports, airports, power plants, mining, and railways stations. There are more than 700 buildings to choose from which means you've got a lot of freedom when it comes to your city. The app has some rather slick 3D graphics that give it a realistic feel and you'll be working to complete tasks, earn achievements, and rewards. You can build on sea and water and you've got the ability to work with your neighbors for the greater good.
- Build a 3D futuristic city
- There are more than 700 buildings to use
- Build on sea and water
- Work with your neighbors
Here's a rather unique game that is designed as a business simulator but what's fun is that it takes part in the Victorian era. The Transport Empire app is a really fun offering that doesn't just looking at constructing building in a town but also dealing with the economics of that town. In that sense this one actually requires thinking and strategizing. You'll be able to use three different modes of transportation which are: airships, steamboats, and trains. As you build the cities you'll also need to develop its transportation so people can get around. There are all kinds of cool and intriguing side stories and adventures to embark on as well.
- Build a city
- Provide the city with a transportation system
- Manage the economics of the city
- Take part in side adventures and stories
- The game controls are simple and intuitive
Here's a chance to put together a city like no other as this one is inhabited by fairy tale heroes. In the Fairy Kingdom app, there are over 250 quests to set off on. There are seven different characters that will need your help and you will need to put up dozens of different buildings. You will be working to uncover all kinds of intriguing mysteries while fighting the evil powers that are lurking near. Players will love exploring the map that is filled with interesting locations. The game offers achievements and rewards giving you plenty of motivation to succeed in your quests.
- Put together a fairy tale kingdom
- Play as seven different characters
- Explore a number of locations on the map
- Earn rewards and achievements
- Set off on more than 250 challenging and fun quests
There's no need to wonder what it would be like to live as a tycoon because now you can have the chance to do so with the Dynasty: Tycoon's Journey app. This is a business simulation game that features a combination of city and farm building giving players plenty of variety. There are over 600 quests, there are thousands of game objects to explore and use, and you just never know when you'll find new land to develop. The graphics are intricate and interesting and it feels like there is just so much to discover. The game controls are easy to pick up on so that you can enjoy this one immediately.
- There are more than 600 quests
- The game controls are simple and intuitive
- There are thousands of game objects
- This is a business simulation game
- The game combines city and farm building