Do you have an interest in martial arts? Perhaps you are new to the sport and looking to learn what it entails, maybe you are looking for a way to train, or perhaps you’re a professional yourself and just like staying in the loop of new and exciting tools. The following is a list of apps dedicated to martial arts and all of them are unique in their own ways, just like the different forms of martial arts.
The best martial arts apps for iPhone
8 Feb 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Here's an app that is a must-have if you are a Marine, a close combat instructor, or a unit leader. The Marine Martial Arts app will provide users with the U.S. Marine Corps training manual. This means you can flip through hundreds of pages worth of information when it comes to close combat between two or more opponents. The chapters of the manual include information on the fundamentals of close combat, strikes, hand-held weapons, ground fighting, lethal and non-lethal weapons, and more. The app is meant to train people about how to successfully take on an opponent. There is also fitness calculators included.
- Provides users with the U.S. Marine Corps training manual
- There is hundreds of pages worth of content
- Learn about close combat between two or more opponents
- There are fitness calculators
- The user interface is friendly
Are you interested in learning how to defend yourself? This app provides users with 10 tips for self-defense in case you get into a fight in the streets. These tips are based on a system – ICE Urban Combat. It’s a blend of different martial art styles and developed over a 25 year period. This comprehensive fighting system can be learned by individuals of all sizes and fighting skills. The app has a smooth interface which makes it easy to view the content. However, this is more of an introduction to the self-defense system. Users will need to sign up for an online training program to really get the full system.
- A self-defense system
- Introductory app, Simple interface
- Blends different martial art styles
- A system for people of all sizes and fighting skills
- Will have to sign up for training programs to learn the system
What would you do if someone were to attack you on the streets, would you know how to defend yourself? The Tae Kwon Do Martial Arts app can help you get prepared for the 10 most common unarmed weapon attacks that people run into. This app can be used by men and women who are interested in learning how to prepare themselves should they be approached and attached. This system is meant to work in real-life situations and is uses military grade moves. These are moves that aren't meant to look sleek and cool instead they are meant to be effective.
- Learn how to defend yourself in a street fight/attack
- The moves that are taught are realistic and are meant to be effective
- The app can be used by men and women
There's no need to sign up for in-depth and expensive classes to learn some rather cool martial arts tricks. The Martial Arts Tricking app provides users with instructions for 89 different tricks. Each of the tricks is presented through HD animations that users can watch again and again and also slow down or speed up. What's handy is that you can flip the position of the animation so you can see the move for a right- or left-handed individual. There are text instructions that go along with the animations to ensure that the moves are clear. Users will be able to enjoy this app from any location as there is no Internet connection needed.
- Learn about 89 martial arts tricks
- View the HD animations of the trick
- Read the text instructions
- Flip the animation so you can see the move for a right- or left-handed individual
- No Internet connection needed
- Use this one as a round/interval timer
- There are customizable features
- The sound effects are loud and clear
- There are pre-set training modes to use
- The timer can be started and stopped easily with just one button
While no one wants to think about defending themselves against an attacker the truth of the matter is that it can sometimes be necessary. The BJJ Ju-Jitsu for the Street app provides you with instructions on how to successfully defend yourself against 10 different unarmed attacks that may occur. This is great for males and females of all ages. If you are ever on your own, walking to your car, walking to public transit, or out shopping you want to know you’re prepared. It's not just the unarmed attacks though you can also learn how defend yourself against armed attacks.
- Learn to defend yourself
- Learn moves to use in unarmed attacks
- Learn moves to use in armed attacks
- The app can be used by males and females of all ages
- The app is user-friendly and easy to follow the instructions
BJJ Ju-Jitsu for the Street - Military Grade Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu app review: replace fear with power
There are all kinds of martial arts-based apps out there and if you're looking for one with an educational spin the Wing Chun Masters 2 app may be the one for you. This app can be used by anyone whether you are a beginner level trainer or you've been practicing the sport for years. This one features a guide that takes users through all the techniques on a step-by-step basis. There are videos and animations to help you learn and you'll find plenty of text instructions as well. Use this app for lessons in Chi Sau and Chum Kiu form and get on your way to becoming a pro yourself.
- Learn through animations, videos, and text
- Learn about Chi Sau and Chum Kiu form
- The app is very easy to use
- The instructions are broken down to a step-by-step basis
There are plenty of martial arts training tools available to people and the MyMMA Trainer app is one that may be exactly what your routine needs. This one features a round timer, a workout builder, and tons of instructional videos. There are more than 270 videos for you to work your way through as you perfect the skill and learn proper training methods and techniques. This app is ideal for anyone who is looking to step into the cage and wants to take their performance to the next level as well as their understanding and confidence of the sport.
- Make use of the workout builder
- This one features a round timer
- There are tons of instructional videos, more than 270 to be exact
- This one can help you prepare to get into the cage
- The app acts as a coaching guide
- This one can be used by beginners and pros
- Track your progress
- Learn to build your skills, understanding, and body conditioning
- Make use of the videos and animations that describe moves