Looking for a new place to live can be a pretty daunting task and sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. The following list of apps can help you find a new home easier and faster and some even provide you with tips about the buying process, give you help with mortgages, information about school districts, and provide data on the homes that have sold in your desired neighborhood. If you are moving to a brand-new town they can prove to be all the more helpful.
The best iPhone apps for real estate
24 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Finding a home doesn't have to be done in front of your computer screen - get RE / MAX®, one of the best property search apps on the iPhone. With this property finder app for iPhone, you can discover new properties in your area, save search results and favorites, share your favorite homes with friends and family, and contact your RE / MAX agent - all in a convenient way of your smartphone or tablet.
- Find properties using a variety of search tools
- View homes for sale on a map based on your current location
- Leverage Augmented Reality to find homes in a particular neighborhood
- Simply aim your camera down a street to view information on any available homes for sale
The Realtor.com Real Estate app acts as your own personal realtor that is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. What makes this app really stand out is that 90% of the listings in the database are updated every 15 minutes which means you won't be getting your hopes up about places that have already sold. Perform searches of properties that are for sale or rent and you can even perform searches based on the school district. When a property catches your eye, swipe on it to see photos and details. If you want to do a customized search you can use your finger to draw on the map where you want to search.
- Search for places for sale or for rent
- Search by school district
- Draw an area on the map that you wish to search
- The listings are updated every 15 minutes
- The app is user-friendly
It doesn't matter if you are looking for a house or an apartment to rent; the process can be slow and sometimes frustrating. The Lovely Apartments & Houses for Rent app aims to help people by providing all the information you need and doing the legwork for you. This one has a strong focus on reliability and speed, two things that will benefit you in your search. The inventory is updated in real-time so you know you're getting the very latest rental information. Make use of the search filters to narrow down your results... and speaking of the results, you can view them on a map or in a list. The app is loaded with additional features all aimed at making the process smooth.
- Find houses and apartments for rent
- Make use of the filters
- Results can be viewed on a map or as a list
- There are plenty of tools and features included
Title!Snap is a mobile platform developed for the fast paced Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Originator on the go. Title!Snap provides the real estate professional and loan originator with a one-stop application for their local title and settlement calculation needs in a Snap! The application supports a Seller Net Sheet Calculator and a Title Rates and Fees Calculator for both Purchase and Refinance transactions.
- Title!Snap currently services Central Ohio, Chicago and its surrounding suburbs- “Chicagoland,” the Greater Denver Metropolitan Area and more.
- Stay on top of the housing market with ease!
- Contact real estate dealers and other related businesses.
- Find sellers and buyers and get in contact!
Wouldn't it be great if, while you were out running errands and you saw a home for sale, you could instantly get information about it? That's what the Homesnap Real Estate & MLS Homes for Sale app makes possible. The way this app works is that you take a photo of a home and it doesn't even need to be for sale. You will be able to find out its value, recent sales in the area, open houses scheduled, photos, taxes, details on the house, and so much more. If you happen to be using the app with the Apple Watch you are treated to even more cool features. Simply tap on your wrist and you'll be given a list of the three nearest homes to you that are listed for sale, plus their details.
- Take a photo of a house and get instant information on it
- View details such as the number of bedrooms, property taxes, interior photos, and more
- The Apple Watch offers additional tools and features
One of the first steps in your home or condo buying process is to figure out how much of a mortgage you can comfortably take on. The Zillow Mortgages app provides users with a calculator that figures out how much you can afford and then breaks it down into monthly payments. What's great is that you won't have to make guesses about current mortgage rates because it also includes real-time rates from lenders that are taken from your location in the country. You can even compare rates between lenders. The app keeps a history of your activities so you can come back and view previous rates.
- View real-time mortgage rates in your area
- Compare rates
- Use these rates to figure out what you can afford
- View monthly mortgage payments
- The app keeps a history of the rates you’ve viewed
If you're in the market to find a new place to rent or buy then the Real Estate by Zillow app is the place to find it. This app is loaded with more than one million listings across the U.S. and these are listings you won't even find on MLS. You're given three different ways to perform a search and then you can filter your results by keywords, baths, beds, and price. You can even use this app as a way to get pre-approved financing, which also gives you a budget to work within. If you're moving to a new town the reviews and ratings on schools can come in particularly handy.
- Find places to rent or buy
- Search in a variety of ways
- Filter your results
- Get pre-approved for financing
- The app has a number of handy calculators
There's no reason to settle for the first thing that pops up in your apartment and home search; instead, you can refer to the Real Estate - Homes for Sale, Apartments for Rent app and find exactly what you're looking for. This one couldn't make the process any easier as all you have to do is give the app one tap and it will show you everything that is listed nearby. Additional features include customized searches, interactive maps, full-screen photos to view, a mortgage calculator, and plenty more. Those using the app on the Apple Watch will have even more tools to make use of.
- Find apartments and houses for sale and rent
- The search process is simplified
- You can set up customized searches
- Make use of the mortgage calculator
- The app supports the Apple Watch
Once you purchase your home and live in it for a while it becomes obvious just how much upkeep and maintenance is involved in being a homeowner. The HomeKeepr app has been designed to help homeowners stay organized regarding maintenance. This app acts as a calendar where you can schedule all kinds of maintenance reminders. These reminders are then sent to you so you won't forget to do them. There is also a built-in directory to help you find services and businesses. This is a user-friendly way to ensure nothing goes by forgotten.
- This one has been designed for homeowners
- Schedule tasks and maintenance related to your home in the calendar
- You will receive reminders about the items you have programed in
- The app features a built-in directory when it is referred to you by a local real estate agent
Before you tackle the house-hunting search you may want to download the Keller Williams Realty Real Estate Search app that can make the process much quicker. The app is able to provide you with information regarding what houses are for sale nearby and where the open houses are. The app uses your GPS location in order to find nearby listings. You can then view content on a map. If you'd like you can perform a customized search and make use of the various filters to narrow down the results. There is a built-in mortgage calculator and you can share listings by Twitter, Facebook, email, and text message.
- Find nearby listings for sale
- Make use of the search filters
- Listings can be shown on a map
- Share listings by Twitter, Facebook, email, and text
- There is a built-in mortgage calculator
Is it time to find a new or first rental home or apartment and you're not finding much in the local newspaper? The HotPads Rentals - Find Apartments & Homes for Rent app can provide you with all kinds of real estate listings. When you find listings that catch your eye you can view photos and read the details about the property. The app can search by your current location or you can set up a customized search. Save your searches so you can use them again and mark any listing as a favorite. The app is user-friendly and smooth providing users with all the tools necessary.
- Find homes and apartments that are listed for rent
- Search by location or conduct a customized search
- Mark listings as favorites
- View photos of the property and read its details
If you're in the market for a new pad then look no further than the Real Estate by Redfin app. With this app you'll be able to find up-to-date and accurate MLS listings for townhouses, condos, and houses. The app can make what seems like a very long search much more manageable and even fun. You can do a search by school, places nearby, and more. Once you fill in your search criteria the app can send you notifications when a property is listed that meets your requirements. If there is a property that gets your interest you can also book a home tour through the app.
- Find the home of your dreams easier
- Search for houses, townhouses, and condos
- Search for all houses nearby
- Search by listings close to a particular school
- Fill in the search criteria then get notification when a listing matches
- Book home tours through the app