Tattoos are an incredibly personal thing and with that said, most people give a lot of time and thought to the ones they choose to have. The following apps are dedicated to the art of tattoos and can be used for inspiration, ideas, and motivation to go ahead with one you’ve had in your mind for a while. It’s a wonderful way to appreciate the art form and see what others are creating.
The best iPad apps for tattoos
21 Oct 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This app will help you visualize the tattoo on your body as you upload your own photo from your camera roll and try out one of the 90+ tattoo designs on it. It also includes more than 40 fonts which you can use in case you want a text tattoo. Users can rotate, move, and scale the tattoo to their liking and even change the transparency and color to find out exactly how it would look on them. With social media integration, you can share your design and get the opinion of your friends and family.
- 90+ tattoo designs to choose from
- 40+ fonts to choose from
- Change the color and transparency of the tattoo
- Move the tattoo around, scale it, and rotate to your liking
- Social media integration
This app features thousands of tattoo designs including text as well as art work that will help you find the inspiration for your next tattoo. Users can download the images and use them as wallpaper. Browsing can be done by categories ranging from Asian tattoos to Cats. This is a free, ad supported app which will only take up 15.2 MB of space on your iOS device.
- Thousands of tattoo designs
- Inspirational art work
- Designs from around the world in various categories
- Free, ad-supported app
This online community is full of people who have their very own tattoos up for sharing and inspiring others. The community features tattoo artists and tattoo enthusiasts whom you can follow and like, and comment on their work. Users can browse and get inspired by other people's tattoos and find ideas for their own use. Furthermore, users can also share their own tattoo stories and with social media integration, share their ink via Facebook, Twitter, and email.
- Online community of tattoo enthusiasts
- Get inspired by others' tattoos
- Follow, like, and comment on people's work
- Share your own tattoo story
- Social media integration
With over 50,000 images, this app is sure to get your head spinning with ideas for what to get for your next design. The thing that sets this app apart from the others is that it also has plenty of ideas for tattoos that are incredibly freaky and weird, so you know what to stay away from! Or perhaps you are the freaky kind, in which case, knock yourself out. This is a free app which only takes up 34 MB of space.
- Over 50,000 images
- Tattoos for the leg, head, arm, and body
- Freaky tattoos that tell you what to avoid
- Free tattoo iPad app
- Lightweight, Creative, Inspiring
Here's another photo-editing app that will let you work with your own picture to see how a tattoo would look on you... or your friend, your parents, your dog? Import photos from your camera roll and begin adding tattoos of your choice onto the photo. There are various packs available via in-app purchases for $4.99 each or $14.99 for all five packs. Users can add multiple tattoos onto a single image, and then scale, rotate, flip, or re-order their tattoos.
- Import photos from camera roll
- Add more than one tattoo on a single image
- Scale, rotate, flip, and re-order tattoos
- Share your ideas via social media
- Free app with IAP tattoo packs
Here is an app that will help you design your own tattoo to the very last detail, as it provides drawing lessons to help you create the design of your dreams. Various topics range from flower tattoos to skull tattoos! Users can also produce tattoo fonts to replicate for text tattoos. Tutorials provided are easy to follow with step by step instructions and a coloring board to get your creative juices flowing. Users receive diamonds to unlock new designs and more diamonds can be purchased via IAP. Users may also download the complete collection of 1000+ lessons for $9.99.
- Design your own tattoo
- Over 1000 tattoo tutorials
- Variety of tattoos to learn
- Tattoo fonts for text
- Lightweight app with IAP options
Whether you are a tattoo artists or a newbie tattoo enthusiast, this app will bring you one of the premier tattoo magazines to your fingertips. Tattoo Kultur shows off the work done by various tattoo artists and pros so you can understand what goes on in the ink world. There are also tattooed models featured in the magazine so you can get inspired or simply enjoy the view! Users can sign up for a yearly subscription of $30.99 and the renewal will be automatic, or in-app purchases for separate issues can be made for 99 cents each.
- Inside peek at the world of ink
- Learn about tattoo artists and professionals
- Features tattoo models
- Purchase individual issues
- Yearly subscription available
This awesome app integrates the inspiration of almost a million tattoos, with the support of an online community, where you can build your own profile and follow the artists you love, the works of art that move you. The app will automatically customize the home feed to bring you the tattoos you would love. You can also choose to browse by category of artist, style, motifs, or body parts, and pin the ones you love to your profile. Furthermore, there is a built in search function that can help you zero in on the kind of tattoo you're looking for.
- Custom home feed
- Browse by category
- Built in search function
- Includes a tattoo studio directory with appointment request options
- Build your profile and follow the artists you love
This photo-editing app will let you take your tattoo out for a spin before you get yourself inked permanently. Upload a photo and choose from the free designs, or unlock all designs via the in app purchase of 99 cents. A unique editing tool provided in this app is the eraser which lets you modify the design to the last detail, and it also gives users the ability to upload their own tattoo design! You can easily prank your friends and family by sending them a picture of yourself sporting a wild design!
- Find your ideal design and try it on your photo
- Edit details of the tattoo with tools including an eraser
- Prank your friends and family
- Default tattoo options with 99 cents to unlock all designs
- Upload your own tattoos
The Skin Deep Tattoo magazine, which comes out every 4 weeks, brings its readers the best and most original tattoos from amazing artists. Each issue features interviews as well as pieces that cover the perspectives of artists as well as those who are inked. The app allows for a monthly, 6-month, and yearly subscription, but a free trial is given to help users get a taste for what's in store if they subscribe. The app has featured everyone from movie directors to rock stars to chefs who are inked.
- New magazine every 4 weeks
- Features amazing and original tattoos from great tattoo artists
- Interviews and feature pieces from artists and inked celebrities
- Monthly, bi-annual, and annual subscription options
- Free trial