Using a grocery list whenever you hit the supermarket is a great idea to ensure that you don't forget any of life's essentials. Another benefit of using a grocery list is that you will be less likely to purchase unhealthy foods, so be sure to take a look at today's list of the best grocery list apps for iPhone and iPad.
The best grocery list apps for iPhone and iPad
20 Apr 2017, by Christine Pamintuan
What we have here is another list Creator app that you can use both in and out of the kitchen thanks to a variety of comprehensive list creation features. The developers have really pulled out all the stops here, and you can compile your own personal database of ingredients for adding them to recipes and shopping lists whenever necessary. All of this is achievable with just one or two taps. What's more, you can sync all lists across multiple devices to share them with your friends or colleagues, and you can even print your recipes from directly within the app.
- Know what ingredients to buy for a recipe
- Compile a personalized ingredient database
- Very convenient to use
- Lets you search for different recipes online
- Organize all of your desired ingredients on a shopping list
This app proudly boasts of being the most advanced shopping list app that is the easiest to use in the entire App Store. There are hundreds of preloaded items, with an option to scan barcodes to add your own items. Cool features like adding a photo to your item, save items to your favorites, browse through archived lists and purchase history, organize items in a variety of ways, save prices, insert unit or package size, identify items that you are overpaying on, and so much more. This app is for the serious shoppers out there. Share your lists, sync your lists and backup data so that you always have your information wherever you are.
- Advanced app that’s easy to use
- More features than you can imagine
- Customize lists, Purchase History, Archived Lists, Favorites
- Preloaded items, Add items, Add photos to items, Add other details
- In-app purchase, Save and Sync lists, Share lists
IntelliList - Grocery Shopping List app review: a valuable tool for managing your shopping list
With this free app, you will never forget another item at the grocery store again. Keep your family’s grocery list up to date, sync with other family members, quickly add items to the list, create many separate shopping lists, add photos, browse meal ideas and so much more. This app takes the basic functions of a grocery list app and spices it up with additional features that makes meal prep, cooking and shopping a breeze. There is an in-app purchase for the Plus version of this app.
- Everything you could want in a grocery list app and more
- Sync with other family members
- Create numerous lists, Add images
- Meal ideas, Manage ingredients
- In-app purchase for the Plus version
Free Shopping List Ease features a very attractive interface that makes this app a pleasure to use. You'll find all of the usual grocery list features in this utility as well as full support and access to your database on your Apple Watch. You can synchronize your list across all of your iOS devices and your computer, plus if you share your lists with your family members then you will receive a push notification if they purchase any of the ingredients on the lists you have created.
- Beautifully simple interface
- Easy to use for all people
- Sync lists with your desktop and Apple Watch
- Tells you how to budget your trips
- Add different values to your lists
Free Grocery List Ease app review: create convenient grocery lists and earn awesome coupon rewards
Pay to shop online through this app. With over 1,800 stores to shop at, there’s something for everyone. Some of the most recognizable stores are found here. Store your payment info so that you can quickly purchase something, instantly buy items from your product search, activate your cash back to use coupons on items, access thousands of additional coupons, monitor hot deals, search for stores that offer twice the cash back and more. Compare prices, save your favorite stores, monitory your ebates and even earn savings by telling friends to join.
- Earn money back buy shopping at over 1,800 stores
- Monitor your Ebates, Save your favorite stores
- Product search and price comparisons
- Push notifications, Earn money by inviting friends
- Access to thousands of coupons, Browse for hot deals and twice cash back
Ebates.com Cash Back & Coupons app review: get paid to shop online
Thursday is the magical day for this app. Every Thursday special offers are updated which allow you to earn cash back. Just go to your favorite grocery store, purchase a product that’s offered, take a photo of your receipt and earn cash back. No more cutting coupons and carrying them with you to the store. This app eliminates all of that hassle, while saving you money and earning you cash back. Users love the app as they see the savings. Join the growing masses who love this app and begin earning your cash back.
- Browse offers that are updated on Thursdays
- Go to your favorite grocery store and buy the offered product
- Snap photos of receipts to prove purchase and redeem offer
- Eliminates coupon clippings
- Payouts begin once the savings goes over $20
Checkout 51 app review: say goodbye to your coupon-clipping days
Sometimes, all users want is a simple app to meet their needs. And, that mentality can be applied to grocery lists. This app meets the needs of those looking for the equivalent of writing down items on a piece of paper and taking that paper to the store to get your items. This app prides itself on simplifying the grocery list experience by cutting out all of the bells and whistles. Keep track of the items you need, add or delete from the list, an auto option of adding common items to the lists, prioritized items on your lists and a few more basic features can be found in this app. Sync your lists across other iDevices to make shopping easier
- The easiest and most basic grocery list app
- The equivalent of writing down your shopping list on a piece of paper
- Prioritize items of importance
- Add or delete items, Delete entire lists
- Sync your lists across other iDevices
This app is another solid option for those of you looking to simplify your grocery list experience. Create multiple lists, add items quickly and easily, mark items bought, show total number of items and total costs, share lists with others, password protect your lists, sync across other iDevices, AirPrint your lists, and even add tax rates to your items. This app takes the basic approach to grocery lists but makes it easy to track your grocery expenses and quantity of items. Never forget a product and always be aware of your grocery budget.
- A simple approach to grocery lists
- Track quantity and prices with custom currency
- Calculate total items and total expenses
- Share lists, Backup and sync lists across iDevices
- Mark items bought, Add notes to items, Password protection
If you’ve spent the last couple of years searching for the best shopping list app, go no further! Organizy offers auto-complete to help you quickly and efficiently add products, has items grouped by aisles so you save time in the shops, and even lets you choose your theme. You can use just one hand to hold your device and strike out items as you use the other hand to place the item in the cart. There’s a “must-buy” section at the top of your list so you don’t miss anything on a long list, and if you accidentally strike out an item, no worries, it’s easy to undo.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use shopping list app
- Auto-complete suggestions makes list-building quicker
- Products are grouped by aisles
- One-handed strike-out feature
- One-time purchase
If you’ve ever gotten to the grocery store and realized you left your shopping list home, you need Shopping Pro (Grocery List). This app reduces second trips when you’ve forgotten your list or forgot what your partner asked you to get (and didn’t write down). This is a digital
grocery/shopping list with iCloud auto-sync so the whole family can share, edit, and shop with a live list. It offers full iCloud support, file sharing and backup, CSV import and export, a huge built-in catalog, customizable design, and smart search function.
- Unlimited customizable shopping lists
- Master catalog
- Edit how you want
- iCloud auto-sync
- Print or email lists