Whether you are an aspiring musician or just want to record you and your friends singing and playing music, you'll definitely want to check out our list of the best studio recording apps for your iPad.
The best studio recording apps for iPad
28 Aug 2014, by Christine Pamintuan
This app is a multitrack recorder and songwriting tool for musicians. It'll help them realize their musical ideas as well as record songs on their iPad.
- Made for those who want to make studio recordings
- Have all your music gear prepared with this app
- Interface is simple yet beautiful
- No virtual instruments featured
- Multi-track recorders
This app is the ultimate mobile guitar-and-bass multi FX processor and DAW recorder, featured in the new Apple "Powerful" TV Campaign.
- For anyone willing to spend a generous amount of money to have a good studio recording app
- Turns your iPad into the ultimate guitar and bass multi-effect processor
- Works like a real recording studio
- Precise tuner
- Compatible with Audiobus
This app contains a tuner, metronome, chords, scales, and arpeggios all in one easy-to-use and powerful app.
- Preps your guitar for studio recording
- Help makes your guitar sound incredible
- Supports a wide variety of string instruments
- Includes tuner, metronome, and chords
- Useful for devising scales and arpeggios
This temporarily free app was deigned with the urban artist in mind, bringing users an all in one studio that enables them to import beats, write lyrics, record vocals, and produce incredible music!
- Take your music to the next level
- Free beats
- Teaches you the importance of songwriting
- Multitrack functions
- Four tracks and counting
Record audio with ease and manage your files in this highly customizable app.
- No limit on recording
- Allows recording on background
- Fast-forward and rewind functions
- Trim audio files easily
- Sync files with iCloud
Carry around a six-piece drum kit on your iPad with this free app.
- Live recording functions
- Manage your recordings easily
- Change the stage floor anytime
- Understandable recording buttons
- Lifetime updates
Listen to and follow the latest hip hop artists and their tracks with this app, which also allows you to save the songs you're listening to so you can come back to them later.
- Works in background
- Share resources with your friend
- Dozens of options
- Custom clips
- Improved buffering of songs
Record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks with this app. You can also mix them during playback and add effects at your will.
- Full MIDI recorder
- Records multiple base tracks
- Complete spectrum analyzer
- Emails full recordings
- Double-precision sound recordings
Take creative control of the songs on your iPad with this free app, which enables you to slice and dice your music collection to create amazing new sounds and songs.
- Full “magnetizing” functions
- Allows creative control
- Make patterns easily
- Complete reversal functions
- Intuitive interface
Touted as "very cool" by Dream Theater's keyboardist, this beautiful app will turn enable even amateur musicians to compose the stuff of legends!
- Create any kind of music
- Can be used in background
- Full graphical functions
- Improved sound quality
- Intuitive interface