YouTube has become an integral part of our daily lives. From videos of TV shows and movies to our favorite songs, YouTube has just about everything we could possibly imagine within the realm of decency. However, many users struggle with finding videos to watch or listen to. Additionally, there are numerous YouTube companion apps and tools that seem to make the entire YouTube experience that much more difficult. If you fall into one of these categories, then check out our list of the best YouTube apps for iPhones and iPads. We guarantee that our list of apps will make your YouTube experience much more enjoyable.
The best YouTube apps for iPhone and iPad
12 May 2017, by Rick Rockwell
Tubex is a highly popular YouTube client for your iDevice. The app is very similar to YouTube’s app layout but with a few additional features. One of the coolest features is that you can add videos to playlists even when not logged in to YouTube. There’s closed captioning and easy access to your YouTube account. Tubex makes it easy to switch between the quality of videos depending on the uploaded video quality. Additionally, this app makes it easy to search videos, channels and playlists.
- A popular and powerful YouTube tool
- Add videos to playlists without being logged in
- Closed Captioning, Access YouTube account
- Switch between video quality
- Search videos, channels, and playlists
Tubot has no Ads, which right away earns a spot on our list. It will play in the background and has a clean design for optimal usage. Tubot makes it easy to manage and access multiple YouTube accounts, group subscriptions and mange playlists. The Playback has plenty of options like minimization, continue where left off, mark videos you have watches, background, watch history and more. Tubot also features a powerful search tool that offers many functions. In fact, it’s one of the best search tools we have come across. This might just become your go-to YouTube tool after you try it out.
- No Ads, Clean and optimal interface
- Powerful search capabilities
- Manage multiple YouTube accounts
- Playback has numerous options
- Sync data via iCloud
NetTube is a free video music player that provides some cool options and features to really enjoy your favorite music. Filter and search videos, create and search playlists, browse channels, find related videos to the ones you watch, search the top 100 categories, create and manage local playlists, share videos or playlists via social media and more. NetTube makes searching and watching music videos easy, quick and enjoyable – the way it’s supposed to be.
- Search, watch and enjoy music videos
- Filter and search tools, Related videos
- Create and manage playlists
- Browse channels and categories
- Share playlists via social media
If you want to add some free songs to your music library then check out this app. It will send you notifications to remind you when there are free songs to download from iTunes. Additionally, this app also has download links, can share songs via Facebook, discover top 100 hit songs, set push notifications even during lock screen and more. Another cool feature is the ability to listen to the top 100 songs via YouTube videos.
- Get notifications for free iTunes songs
- Share free song links via Facebook
- Discover the top 100 hit songs
- Watch or listen to top 100 songs via YouTube
- A great resource for free music
Music TV is unique in the sense that it will scan your iDevice for songs and then pull up the corresponding YouTube videos for you to watch. Additionally, it allows you to create custom playlists, access to other playlists, access to your YouTube account, store and share playlists via Social Media, full screen video mode, manually select videos, mirror videos via Apple TV or Chromecast, options to customize your player and more. This app does have in-app purchases for various features.
- Scans your iDevice for songs and pulls up YouTube videos of songs
- Create custom playlists, Access other playlists
- Access to your YouTube account’
- Mirror on Apple TV or Chromecast
- Options to customize Player, In-app purchases
AudioViz is the sister app to Music TV as it’s made by the same app developer. It shares the same awesome tools and features that Music TV does. Both of the apps have monthly subscriptions and other in-app purchases. These monthly subscriptions are automatically renewed unless you turn off this function. With a subscription you will get an ad free app, unlimited playlists, a sleep timer and all of the other awesome features like sharing playlists via social media, create custom playlists, automatically scan your iDevice for songs then watch the videos of these songs, full screen mode and more. If you love music and music videos, then this app and the Music TV app are wonderful options for you.
- Create and share custom playlists
- Search your iDevice for songs, Find related YouTube videos
- Monthly subscription to get full features and ad free
- Sister app to Music TV
- Full screen video mode, Mirror to Apple TV or Chromecast
This is the perfect app for the kiddos who are looking to enjoy videos on YouTube. It’s designed to make searching for videos easier through four categories: Shows, Music, Learning and Explore. The app has big buttons for the kids to navigate, easy scrolling, full screen videos, and more. The content is for kids and enjoyable for the whole family. Adults can control and monitor how their kids use this app. Although this app does a fantastic job in providing child friendly video content, it’s up to parents to ensure the videos are appropriate for their own kids.
- Designed for kids to use YouTube
- Provides kid friendly videos
- Requires parents to set-up the app and monitor videos
- Big buttons for kids to easily navigate
- Full screen videos
If you are a gamer then this app will keep you connected to the large gaming community found on YouTube. You can watch videos from over 25,000 games, view live streams, chat with other gamers, get recommended videos, browse info and details about each game, explore reviews, save your favorite games and channels, view game trailers, get notifications and more. It really is the best YouTube companion tool for gamers. Go deeper than ever before with your favorite games and never miss out on the latest news or video content.
- Designed to keep gamers connected via YouTube
- Watch more than 25,000 videos of games
- Watch trailers, read reviews, live streams
- Save your favorite channels and games
- Chat with other gamers
iVideo Player has been redesigned to give you the best playback experience for YouTube content. Create and manage your music video playlists, discover new music, see what trending, shuffle is and loop your playlists, supports HD video content, easy to search with auto-completion feature, instant access to millions of videos, sync with your YouTube account, continuous playing, background playback and more. This app can be used across iDevices.
- Redesigned to give you a great playback experience
- Easy to find YouTube videos, Powerful search tool
- Create and manage playlists, Sync with YouTube account
- Shuffle and Loop playlists, Playback in background
- Supports HD videos from YouTube
VR Tube is designed to help users search through all of the available 360 degree videos found on YouTube. This app filters out all of the unqualified videos, providing users pure 360 degree videos for their viewing pleasures. There’s a dedicated videoplayer in this app that allows you to enjoy these videos in their purest form. Additionally, this app supports VR headsets. Check the app’s main site to see which headsets it supports. Create playlists, share videos, browse, numerous playback options and more.
- Search for only 360 degree videos
- Filters out unqualified videos, Create playlists
- Share videos with other enthusiasts
- Numerous playback options
- In-app purchase to remove ads