Need a ride to work, school or an appointment? Maybe just a lift to the airport or an evening out on the town? With car services at our fingertips, it’s a bit daunting trying to find an app that makes ordering a ride as easy as ordering a pizza. This list consists of apps that not only help you find a ride, but they are also great for those of you who drive for Uber or Lyft. So, whether you are a passenger or a driver, our best apps for Uber and Lyft have you covered.
The best iPhone apps for Uber and Lyft
23 Nov 2016, by Rick Rockwell
SherpaShare Pulse is the largest community for on-demand workers in the world. This app brings on-demand workers together in a fantastic platform. With SherpaShare Pulse, you get access to all of the latest news and information in this industry, which will go a long way to helping you increase your earning potential. Meet fellow drivers and form working relationships, share your opinions with the community, get real-time help from fellow drivers and other community experts, discover new opportunities and more.
- A must have for workers in the ride share industry
- Largest community of on-demand workers, drivers, etc.
- Get the latest industry news and info
- Meet other drivers, Form working relationships
- Real-time help from community experts
If you drive for Uber or Lyft then this app can be a nice tool. It’s a simple and easy way to track and manage your driving income and expenses. In the tracking portion of the app, users can record expenses in addition to the app calculating fuel and maintenance costs. The app also has various detailed reports for users to analyze and implement changes if needed. There’s a host of optimization tools such as the Tax Bracket Calculator, Car cost, Mileage Calculator, and more.
- Quickly and easily keep track of income and expenses
- Record expenses manually, Automatically track fuel costs
- Several different optimization tools and calculators
- Detailed reports to analyze data
- Maximize your driving revenue
SherpaShare comes in for a second time on our list because they really know how to make apps that drivers can use. This app is perfect for those Uber and Lyft drivers who participate in this industry as entrepreneurs. The app allows users to automatically track mileage based on GPS, won’t drain your iPhone battery, effortless tracking of income and expenses, a mileage log that’s IRS compliant, securely backs up data to the cloud and much more. Users can also connect with a large community of workers that can greatly aid in the overall success of your driving endeavors. There are in-app purchases for memberships.
- Effortless tracking of revenue and expenses
- Automatically track mileage via GPS, Light on the battery
- IRS compliant mileage log, Accurate tax deductions
- Back up data to the cloud, Access on other iDevices
- In-app purchases for memberships
Are you looking for an app that can accurately track and display how much a ride with Uber and Lyft costs? If yes, then this is the app for you. If no, then you should still download this app as it will definitely make sure you never get ripped off. This app requires GPS to be running during the entire ride, which could drain your iPhone’s battery. Additionally, the app can also help you better budget your ride expenses so that you know when to order a ride or take the bus. The support for this app is wonderful and dedicated to the user’s experience. There’s an in-app purchase for the Pro version.
- Track in real-time how much a ride costs for Uber and Lyft
- GPS runs the whole time during the ride, Can drain battery
- Dedicated support team to help users
- Accurately plan or budget for a ride
- In-app purchase for Pro version
Here’s another wonderful app for users to plan ahead with rides throughout the city. Whether you are visiting a city or already live there, this app can aid in determining how much a ride might cost and if it’s the best option for your budget. Set a pick-up location, destination any other places along the way that you might want to visit. The app will find the shortest route and lowest estimated costs for this ride. You can even save the routes for future usage. Make a request for an Uber car through the app and much more.
- Plan ahead for car rides and fares
- Set pick-up location and destination
- Add places to stop along your route if desired
- Request Uber rides through the app
- Find the quickest route and lowest fares
This app requires that you have an Uber account. It’s designed to tell users when the busiest times of the day are and where at. Great for drivers looking to avoid the busy times (surges) or to get their piece of the surge pie. The app has options to receive various notifications so that drivers can be aware of the surges. There’s a Today Widget which makes it even easier and more convenient for drivers to view the data on their iPhones. You can monitor surges for your current location or a different fixed location. This app has in-app purchases for various levels of membership subscriptions.
- Requires an Uber account
- View surges for current location or fixed location
- Today Widget to easily view surges
- Notification options
- In-app purchases for subscriptions
Chase the surge with this handy tool. Designed for Uber drivers, this app will help users track and chase the surge for the various checkpoints that users set. Enable the app’s notifications to tell you when the surge meets your desired threshold. Each threshold can be custom for each checkpoint. Once the surge crosses your threshold, then chase it and get those fares. This app will definitely help Uber drivers increase their revenue potential and aid in maximizing driving times. There are in-app purchases for premium services.
- Identify and chase surgers
- Designed for Uber drivers
- Set thresholds for surges, Set custom checkpoints
- Receive notifications for exceeded thresholds
- In-app purchases for premium services
If you are an Uber driver then check out this app. It’s a large community of Uber drivers from across the globe. This app is a great way to ask questions to other Uber drivers, share your thoughts and tips with others, meet fellow drivers, discuss the latest news and info for the Uber industry and more. This app can also be used by other ride sharing services like Lyft. It’s a respectful community that can prove to be an invaluable resource. If you are a longtime driver, or just starting out, this app and the community within can really be a great way to advance your driving career.
- A large community of Uber drivers
- Ask questions, Share tips and thoughts
- Also for Lyft drivers, Meet other drivers
- Discuss the latest news and trends for Uber
- Requires users to be respectful to each other
Farewell gives users the power to compare fares between Uber and Lyft, then the ability to choose which one best fits their budget. The price quotes are based on each service’s product line or type. This app will open the Uber and Lyft apps directly so that you can book your ride, provides an average price range, displays pickup times, displays ETA to destinations, saves favorite locations and also automatically factors the Surge or Prime Time surcharges. It’s a user-friendly tool that makes comparing rideshare prices quick and easy.
- Compare fares between Uber and Lyft
- Compares specific product types and lines
- Displays prices, pickup times, and ETA to destinations
- Save your favorite locations
- Automatically factors in surge charges
Here’s another wonderful fare saving app that’s designed to help users find the lowest fares based on their pickup locations, destinations and potential stops along the way. This app will find the lowest fares and shortest routes based on the above criteria, will save your planned routes for future usage, helps you to get around the city quicker and cheaper, and allows users to book an Uber ride. This is a great tool for users visiting news cities for work or vacation. It’s also a handy tool for residents of a city to spend a fun night out on the town and not have to worry about their transportation.
- Find the lowest fares and fastest routes
- Set your pickup locations, Destinations and potential places to see
- A great app for those visiting a new city
- Save planned routes
- Request an Uber car through the app