There are many health benefits to tracking your period. From predicting ovulation to determining if you may be pregnant, period trackers are effective tools at documenting these benefits and more. However, there are some additional features to these apps that make them even more appealing and useful. Some of these apps also include diaries, weight trackers, in-app community, visual calendars and more. If you are looking to start tracking your menstrual cycle then check out our list of the best period tracker apps for the iPhone.
The best period tracker apps for iPhone
23 May 2017, by Rick Rockwell
Life Period Tracker allows you to easily track your period and accurately predict your ovulation time table. It’s not easy balancing a busy work and home schedule while also trying to keep track of your cycle and that’s why this handy app allows you to set up cycle reminders as well. You can track both your symptoms and moods so that you can quickly see common patterns and learn how to deal with them. In addition you can also keep a personal diary and connect with other related apps by the developer.
- Easily track your period
- Accurately predict your ovulation
- Set up scheduled cycle reminders
- Track your symptoms and mood
- Keep a diary and connect to other related apps
If you want to keep track of your monthly period on a consistent basis Period Tracker is the ideal app. It lets you evaluate symptoms and mood changes each month. You can also keep track of your weight and various other aspects related to your health. There’s a full community forum with tips from other users and as an added bonus there’s even a built-in weather app function.
- Track your period monthly
- Evaluate symptoms and moods each month
- Keep track of your weight and other aspects of health
- Bonus weather integration
- Community forum to share tips with other users
When you’re trying to get pregnant it’s easier if you have accurate information about your period, ovulation, and fertility cycle – that’s what you get with the Period Diary app. It provides you with automatic predictions of your period based on the historical data you provide so that you can make plans without having to cancel. There’s also a nice visual calendar that makes it easy to track all of your symptoms and you can protect everything with a passcode so that you don’t have to worry about your privacy. It’s always nice to be able to share your experiences with women going through the same thing and you can do that with the built-in social forum. This really is a comprehensive period tracking app.
- Track your period, ovulation, and fertility
- Automatic prediction of period so you can make plans
- Includes visual calendar for tracking symptoms
- Passcode protection to protect your privacy
- Built-in social forum to connect with other women
The My Days app is one of the most user friendly period tracking apps around. It offers prediction badges that help you to determine your optimum fertility times and it will send you daily notifications of significant dates in your cycle. You can create your own calendar themes and backgrounds as well. If you want to keep your partner in the loop when trying to get pregnant you can do that with the integrated partner email feature. In all, you can track more than 20 different symptoms with this app.
- Prediction badge to help you determine optimum fertility
- Includes daily notification of significant dates in your cycle
- Create your own calendar themes and backgrounds
- Connect with your partner through email and keep them in the loop
- Track more than 20 different symptoms
I find the best way to keep track of a period is with a bit of help from one of the many apps available and Clue Period Tacker is definitely one of the better ones. With this app you can track your period with monthly calendar reminders and it will even help you track your moods and any pain. The app also includes in-depth articles on the menstrual cycle with full scientific references. It tracks all aspects of your health and helps you analyze the trends in your cycle.
- Track your period with calendar reminders
- Track moods and pain
- Includes in-depth information on the menstrual cycle with scientific references
- Track all aspects of your health
- Analyzes ongoing trends in your cycle
There are lots of good period and fertility trackers in the App Store, but Pink Pad is definitely one of the best. This app taps into the Women’s Health Network to provide you with all kinds of resources and information. You can track your period and chart your fertility all from within the app. It also gives you daily health reminders and it’s fully integrated with Apple Health. It’s a comprehensive period tracking tool that’s worth trying out.
- Tap into the Women’s Health Network for resources and information
- Track your period and chart your fertility
- Use the online health and fertility shop
- Daily health reminders
- Integrated with Apple’s Health app
Ovia is an innovative period tracking app that includes both an ovulation calendar as well as a full calendar to track the different events in your cycle. There’s also an extensive archive of articles on fertility and conception available at your fingertips. If you want to save data for offline use and analysis you can export it into an excel sheet. It’s not all boring data thought – you can also create your own custom background to reflect your own personality. You can also track your various moods and physical symptoms to help figure out how to plan your life around them.
- Includes an Ovulation calculator and calendar
- Extensive archive of articles on fertility and conception
- Data can be exported to Excel
- Create custom backgrounds
- Track moods and physical symptoms
The Menstrual Period Tracker app makes it easy to automatically predict your menstruation periods and it’s fully integrated with the Apple Health app. There’s a widget extension and notifications to help keep you on track with tracking things such as your body temperature in a handy chart. What’s great about this app is that it also lets you include your own notes and protect everything with a password to maintain your privacy.
- Can automatically predict your menstruation periods
- Full Health app integration
- Includes a widget extension for notifications
- Includes body temperature tracking with chart
- You can include your own notes and protect them with a password
The Period Tracker: PMS & Ovulation Calendar app has been designed to be fully integrated with both Apple Health and Dropbox so that you can easily transfer your data to your different devices. It has a built-in cycle and period tracker and it allows you to track up to 43 symptoms and 64 moods. You also get daily notifications so that you never miss an important date. When you’re trying to get pregnant weight and body temperatures can give you important clues to fertility and this app allows you to easily track these as well. It’s great for both basic period tracking as well as the challenges of planned pregnancy.
- Integrated with Apple Health and Dropbox
- Built-in cycle and period tracker
- Track up to 43 symptoms and 64 moods
- Daily notifications
- Weight and temperature charts
Fertility Friend is a user friendly app that turns a mundane task into a simple and fun adventure. You can color code your fertility calendar for easy reference and track all of your period’s cycle and fertility signals. There’s even an integrated fertility friend feature that teaches everything you need to know about fertility. You can augment this helpful tool by taking advantage of the many resources including articles and videos also included. With optional passcode protection you won’t have to worry about your personal information being seen by strangers either.
- Color coded fertility calendar
- Tracks your period and many other fertility signals
- Integrated fertility friend teaches you about fertility
- Optional passcode protection
- Multiple resources including articles and videos