Twitter is a lot different now compared to even a couple of years ago. It's totally accepted by the mainstream hordes and the official app has changed along with its users. Luckily, if you're one of the people who doesn't like today's Twitter, there are tons of alternative Twitter apps available in the App Store, each offering different features for different preferences. Check out our list of the best iPhone apps for Twitter.
The best iPhone apps for Twitter
17 Dec 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
UberSocial for Twitter has some exclusive features you might appreciate. It offers a next-generation timeline with an UberBar and UberTabs. The UberBar is a movable menu that you can also hide. UberTabs let you view your notifications or compose a Tweet. Just one touch has you swiping through all your UberSocial screens with ease. You can view images right in the timeline, play YouTube videos in your timeline, and auto-expand with one click. You can set it so you view only rich media tweets, a built-in tweet extender lets you go beyond 140 characters, and you can also set it so you see only tweets from your inner circle of friends.
- Advanced tweet composer
- Custom features
- UberBar puts all the functionality of the app in one place
- LiveLinks makes all @usernames, #hashtags, and URLs directly clickable on your timeline
- Free with in-app purchase upgrade to Pro version
Spreesy is for people who have products to sell. You can create a new product post in just a few seconds using this app, and then post directly to your social networks on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Spreesy will help you automate your invoicing, sales, customer checkout, and payments. It's free and easy to use. There are no listing fees, no monthly fees, and no sales fees, with no commitments and no contracts. You get built-in marketing tools, mobile-optimized product pages, and seamless product posting. When your customers buy something, they can pay using PayPal or any major credit or debit card.
- Mobile-optimized product pages
- Secure payment options for customers
- Post to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- No contracts or commitments
- Free iPhone app for Twitter
With Entourage, you just connect to the networks you want to use, like Twitter and Instagram. Identify the influential people in your network and follow them back. You can reach out to your followers who have the most impact on their circles, and share content directly to them for more exposure for your content. You can look up your competitors and see who is following them and put all your data onto a spreadsheet for further analysis. Each time you share your collage, you get a free credit to use on your next search.
- No new account needed
- Easily grow your network
- Reach out to your followers with the most impact
- Get free credits by sharing
- Free with in-app purchases
Bitly isn't a Twitter client but it is an app you will use a lot if you post links to Twitter. It's easy to save shortlinks to your Bitly account and then share to Twitter, Facebook, text, and email, all in one step. This app keeps track of your statistics showing click counts, geographic location and who else shared the link. You can find out what your friends on Facebook and Twitter are sharing, and more. If you're a Bitly Brand Tools user, you can also use its features from your iPhone. Share to multiple social media profiles, brand all of your content, and manage company leaderboards.
- Share to multiple social media networks with one step
- Create and save shortlinks to your Bitly account
- See detailed stats revealing click counts and more
- See what your FB and Twitter friends are sharing
- Free app for Twitter
Buffer for Twitter lets you share to Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest all from one app and all on your own schedule. Just add any video, link, text, or photo you want to share, and the app will automatically schedule and space out your updates through the day or over several days to all of your favorite social networks. If you prefer, you can choose “post now.” You can get analytics for each update you share, schedule your posts using a Custom Time, automatically schedule your posts by hitting “buffer,” and more. The free plan allows you to connect up to five social accounts and you get 10 scheduled posts per profile.
- Share to Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest from one place
- Custom-schedule your posts
- Hit “Buffer” and it will automatically schedule your posts
- Get analytics for what you share
- Free with in-app purchases to upgrade
Photo Collage HD Pro is an advanced picture frame app that allows you to stitch several photos into a single image which you can then share to Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. Choose one layout with a certain ratio and then put photos into each frame. You are left with a photo collage. There are 16 kinds of layouts, four ratios, and you have the option to zoom, pan, mirror, or rotate images. You are able to round the corners and color in the borders. This is great for before/after photos, putting multiple children or grandchildren into one frame, and more.
- Advanced picture frame app
- Put multiple photos in one frame
- Can have different ratios and 16 layouts
- Mirror, rotate, pan, or zoom images
- Free Twitter app for iPhone
NewzSocial is a marketing app for social media platforms. It allows you to deliver on social FOI from Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. It offers magazine-style content, powerful social sharing, and team collaboration. Picture HootSuite and Flipboard combined and with other features added. It's free and has no ads. The app gives you content based on topics so users can collaborate on its curation. NewzSocial lets you publish into the EdCast network, discover, collaborate, share directly or through scheduled campaigns, and track performance for each social update you share. The Today extension displays social posts for you to approve and you can easily add and manage enterprise users.
- Track performance for each social update you share
- Includes features usually in paid apps
- No ads
- Connect content discovery and social sharing
- Free Twitter app for iPhone
#Nowplaying lets you tweet the music track you're listening to over Twitter or Facebook. Just tweet your track with the #Nowplaying hashtag with the link to YouTube. You don't have to do anything else as long as the app is installed on your iPhone. Just send off the tweet. If you forgot to choose your music, you can do that while in-app. Cover album art can also be attached to your tweets and Facebook posts. This is a free app with no in-app purchases. This app has no bells and whistles; it just does as advertised.
- Tweet your currently playing music track
- Works for Facebook posts as well
- Tweet your track with the #Nowplaying hashtag
- Attach album cover art too
- Free Twitter app for iPhone
Use MyTager to create hashtag chains based on previous selections and social media data. Every time you copy your tags, the app offers more suitable suggestions. On the app's main screen, put in your primary hashtag(s) and suggested words buttons will appear. Press those words that you want added to your hashstring. To copy the whole chain of words into the exchange buffer, double-tap the hashstring. Finally, insert your hashtags wherever you want. When you input your tag, you'll see suggestions based on the words that other people combine with the tags you inputted. Swipe left or right to see most popular tags, suggested tags, and about the program.
- Create hashtag chains based on previous selections
- See suitable selections based on words other people have combined with your tags
- See most popular tags
- Copy whole chains of words and paste where you want
- Free app for Twitter with no ads
Tweetroot creates word clouds to allow you to visualize the most frequent words being tweeted. It can tell you a lot about what a user tweets the most about and what reactions certain hashtags generate. It will pull in a stream of recent tweets and analyze what words are being used the most frequently. Next, the app makes a collage of the most recurring words in the tweets. You can analyze three types of Twitter feeds: Mentions, User tweets, and Hashtags. You can mix and match your fonts and color palettes to customize the collages that are made, and it's easy to save and then share your creations to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Visualize the most frequent words being tweeted
- See what reactions a hashtag is getting
- The most recurring words are made into a colorful collage
- Share the collage to social media
- Free Twitter app for iPhone
TheWorld is a Twitter client with a unique interface and many different features. The developers came up with this app because they were unhappy with other Twitter clients available. As time went on the developers kept improving the app to what it is today. UserStream is one of the features, and it allows you to refresh your timeline in real-time. You also get tabs and animations. In TopView, swipe right or left to access the next tab. This app even has some hidden features that might take you a while to find. How many features can you discover?
- Twitter client with unique interface
- Many different features
- UserStream refreshes your timeline in real-time
- Tabs and animations
- Free Twitter client app for iPhone
Everypost makes it easy to create, customize, schedule, and post content to Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and many other social networks. No matter how long the text or what format the photos or videos are in, this app lets you publish your content easily and quickly. You can create groups of social channels, manage the user level permissions, and use these capabilities as a tool for your content or business. You can compose posts and set them to publish for later, instantly share to a variety of social networks, or send your posts by email.
- Search and curate content from YouTube and Flickr
- Publish media content like text, videos, and photos
- Instantly share to Twitter, Facebook, and others
- Create, customize, schedule, and post to Twitter, FB, Google+, and more
- Free with in-app subscriptions
If you like to keep track of your social media following, then this app will be a great way to facilitate that endeavor. It helps users to find out who their real fans are based on their interactions with your Facebook posts and profile. To get further analytics about what you and your fans have in common, it also draws information on various pages you have liked or mutual friends. It will generate a collage of the fans that are the most engaged with your Facebook profile, in various shapes such as a heart, diamond, Facebook Cover, and more. Using this app, users can also search for stories on their profile and organize the stories by various parameters.
- Keep track of your Facebook fans
- Organize fan pics into a collage
- Create and share collages
- Discover what you have in common with your fans
- Search for stories and organize them by various parameters
If you want to take your brand - be it a personal brand or business - to the next level, then you know that social media is one of the greatest tools available to that end. But managing it all can be a pain, which is where eClincher comes in and saves the day. It allows users to manage all their social media profiles from one convenient place by syncing all their accounts. Once the sync is complete, users will get their messages, comment notifications, followers, and more in one integrated place. Users can also schedule posts to publish on their profiles at specific times.
- Manage all social media accounts from one place
- Receive comments, likes, messages in an integrated inbox
- Publish posts on all accounts at once
- Schedule posts to be published at a specified time
- Track the performance of various profiles on different sites