Twitter isn’t just for conferences and nerds anymore, like it used to be back in the beginning when it started way back in July of 2006. Now everyone uses it, like pop stars, authors, housewives, and businesspeople. The official app evolved with the platform and for some, it just isn’t enough. Luckily we have many options when it comes to alternatives. Here’s our list of the best Twitter apps for iPad.
The best iPad apps for Twitter
20 May 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
UberSocial for Twitter is a Twitter client that offers a ton of exclusive features like the UberBar, a hide-able, movable menu that offers all the functionality you need; UberTabs that allow you to view your notifications or compose a Tweet with just one tap; the ability to view images in your timeline; the option to choose from dozens of emoticons in your compose screen, and more. You can manage and edit your profile, customize your in-crowd so you see just their tweets, view only rich media tweets using Picture Stream, and enjoy sound effects, too.
- Cross-post to Facebook quickly and easily
- Tweet “Now Playing”
- LiveLinks makes all @usernames, #hashtags, and URLS clickable on your timeline
- Swipe through all your screens with one touch
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro
entourage.io is a way to spread your influence by reach out to your followers with the most followers on Twitter and Instagram. You don’t need to create an account for this app, just connect to the networks you want to use. The app will show you the influential people in your network and you can follow them back. This way, the content you share will be shared with more people. You will get a free credit to use on your next search every time you share your entourage collage. You can even use this app to look up your competitors and see who’s following them.
- See an analysis of who’s following you
- See who has the most followers and follow them back
- Share your content with more people
- Look up your competitors
- Free with in-app purchases
If Twitter is your world, then you will truly enjoy this Twitter app – TheWorld for Twitter. It’s loaded with many features to enhance your Twitter experience. The UserStream feature allows you to view and refresh a timeline in real-time, whole viewing tabs and multiple accounts. Plenty of animations throughout the app to keep things low-key. Perhaps, the ease and interface of this app is its best features as it really makes using Twitter simple and fast.
- A cool Twitter app for the iPad
- Numerous Twitter features
- Animations, Friendly user interface
- UserStream, Multiple Accounts, Tabs
- Donations are welcomed
I think by now, most of us have experienced the limitations of 140 characters for a Twitter post. This app is a simple and effective way to go beyond that 140 character limit so that you can get everything into one Tweet. Log-in with your Twitter account, write your Tweet at any length, then click send. It’s just that simple. There will be a link in your Tweet for followers to view the message beyond 140 characters.
- Free and simple Twitter app
- Post tweets longer than 140 characters
- Must have a Twitter account
- Log-in with your Twitter account
- Link within Tweet to full text
MyTager is an app that helps you create hashtag chains based on social media data and previous users’ selections. Each time you copy your tags, the app learns its combination and offers you more suitable suggestions. On the main screen of the app, input your primary hashtags. Suggested words buttons will appear. Press those words you want to be added to your hashtag. Double-tap hash strings to copy whole chains of words into the exchange buffer. Insert your hashtags wherever you want.
- Create hashtag chains
- Use on any social media platform
- The app offers you more suitable selections each time you use it
- Based on social media data
- Free iPad app for Twitter
Social Network Analyzer is an app that analyzes your social network activity. Any interactions that you or your followers or friends do on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram changes the order of the lists offered by the app. It shows the users with the top interactions at the top of your list, presented in a descending order. There are free and paid versions of this app. The free one shows you a portion of the list and the paid version shows you the entire list. Try out the free version first to see if you like it before you commit to the paid version.
- See a list of social network activity of you and your friends and followers
- For Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- The app analyzes activity like Likes, Comments, Shares, Messages, and more
- Free version has three bonuses to unlock the first top places
- Free with in-app purchase to upgrade
URL Shortener for Google’s goo.gl is an app that does exactly what its name suggests: it shortens your URLs for use on Twitter, Facebook, or wherever else. Copy the URL, launch the app, and the URL Shortener will reduce the link and automatically copy the shortened version to your clipboard. This is a no-touch app! You can also use the extensions and shorten directly from Safari or Notification Center. Easily paste the shortened URL wherever you want, like Messenger, Facebook, Mail, and Twitter. This is a clever, powerful app that makes it super easy to shorten URLs for use anywhere.
- Shortens URLs for Twitter and other social media networks
- Copy the URL, launch the app, and it shortens automatically
- Automatically copies the shortened URL to your clipboard
- Paste the shortened URL to anywhere you want
Buffer is an app that lets you post to Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ all at once, from one place, for whenever you schedule it. Have a photo, video, link, or comment you want to share? Just add it to your Buffer; updates will automatically be scheduled throughout the day to post to your social networks. You can also set custom schedules or click “post now” inside the app. Features include analytics for each update you share, the ability to share to multiple sites from one place, and the ability to schedule your posts automatically so you never have to worry about setting a time or having them all post one right after the other, overwhelming your followers.
- Schedule posts automatically
- Set a custom time for specific events
- Choose “post now” option
- Share to multiple Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook, and Google+ boards from one spot
- Free with in-app purchases
Everypost is a social media publishing tool that you can use to create, schedule, customize, and post content to Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, tumblr, LinkedIn, and more. You can manage your LinkedIn, Google+, and Facebook pages. Social marketers and professionals use this app to publish their content across different media platforms, which allows them to push their exposure to different audiences and channels. You can post content to Twitter without sticking to a 140-character limit, and your videos and pictures can be in any format; the app will make it work. Basic features are free but you can upgrade to premium with a monthly in-app subscription.
- Instant sharing to different social media sites
- Save posts, videos, and photos into Dropbox
- Send posts via email
- Search and curate content from Flickr and Youtube
- Free with in-app purchase and subscription
NewzSocial lets you decide how much you want to be engaged on social media and then deliver your content based upon topics and lets users collaborate on content curations. It also helps manage and schedule sharing on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You’ll be able to create topic-based content streams, personalized to your needs; collaborate across your networks; publish using streamlined workflows; and share directly or through scheduled campaigns. The Today extension shows social posts for you to approve, and the Photo Share extension allows you to share and post photos using a social campaign.
- Social sharing
- Discover, collaborate, publish
- Easily add and manage enterprise users, social accounts, and schedule posts
- Available for worldwide markets
- Free iPad app for Twitter
Spreesy makes it possible for you to sell products directly to your followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Create a new product post in just seconds and then post it directly to your social network connections. More than 40,000 merchants use this app to automate invoicing, sales, checkout, email marketing, and more. Features include instant payments when you make sales, mobile-optimized product pages and checkouts, seamless product posting and account management, and simple pricing with no listing fees and no monthly fees. You get built-in marketing tools like discount codes and an abandoned cart saver and your customers can pay securely with any major debit or credit card or PayPal.
- Sell products directly to your social network followers
- Automate your email marketing
- Marketing tools
- No commitments or contracts
- Stoppable store and posts
Myne is an advanced search app for Twitter. It helps you connect with like-minded people, filter your lists and timelines, and search for content. Some of the features include location search, saved searches, advanced search operators, 20 individual features, and multiple filter profiles. You will be able to see Twitter trends, timelines, and lists, configure your mute filters, and more. The app has a great user interface, is easy to use, and looks great.
- Use the app to find who and what you’re looking for on Twitter
- Configurable mute filters
- Location search
- 20 individual filters
- Free with in-app purchases
HashChat brings to you the ability to ask a group of people advice, get some online companionship, and have some laughs. The unique hashtag chatrooms with this app allow you to post about things you’re interested in without bothering your disinterested friends and followers (what they call “blowing up your feed”). Until now, there really hasn’t been such a fast and user-friendly way to quickly and easily reach people with the same interests based on hashtags. If you want to make some connections over a topic, this is the app to use.
- Have newest, trending, and nearest convos show in your feed
- A fast way to create topical conversation groups
- Search for discussions based on your interested
- Direct message or chat, or post pics and links
- Free iPad app for Twitter
Have you ever needed to say something but it was longer than 140 characters? Tweetsplit allows you to split your posts into different parts and then tweet them all. Instead of using a service to add some extra characters to your tweets, this way can be better because you can split you your longer posts and tweet them all at one time, or post them one at a time. The app replicates the mentions at the beginning of the text and the hashtags at the end. You can also write, cut, and send direct messages from here.
- Divide long text into parts
- Tweet them all at once or spread throughout the day or over a few days
- Copy to the pasteboard to use with your Twitter client
- Write, cut, and send direct messages
- Replicates the mentions at the beginning and the hashtags at the end
Tweetroot for Twitter shows you word clouds to help you visualize the most frequent words being tweeted. You can see what a particular user talks about the most, or see what reactions a hashtag is generating. The app grabs a stream of recent tweets and analyzes what words are being used the most. Then it makes a colourful collage that shows the top recurring words in the tweets. You can analyze one of three different types of feeds: user tweets, mentions, and hashtags. There are more than 20 fonts and 70 color palettes you can choose from to customize your collages and then share to different social media.
- Analyze three types of Twitter feeds
- Create word clouds to visualize the most frequent words tweeted
- Find out what a user tweets about the most
- See what reactions a hashtag is generating
- 70 different colors and 20 fonts for the collage
#Nowplaying shares your now playing track to Twitter and Facebook with the quick sharing option. Just tweet your track with the #Nowplaying hashtag with a link to YouTube. That’s all! If you forget to select your music, you can even do that in-app. If you like, you can also attach your cover album information. This is a fairly recent release and the designers are still working on it so expect some great things to come. Probably the nicest feature is that you can search the URL for your music from inside the app so you don’t have to go looking.
- Share your music to Twitter and Facebook
- Fast sharing option
- Share album cover art
- Search URL in-app
- Free iPad app for Twitter
Tweetlogix for Twitter makes it fun and easy to use Twitter on your iPad. You will have access to powerful filters, you can design your own color themes, you can search nearby, and it’s all fast and easy to set up. The app supports 3D Touch, offers optional Safari-based web view, and you can mute clients, review filtered-out tweets, and mute retweets. The app also offers auto expansion of long tweets, WiFi streaming refresh, inline image previews, a customizable font style, and tappable links in tweets. You will be able to tap any tweet to view the conversation, tap and hold links to see the available actions, and swipe any tweet for toolbar actions.
- Reply search integrated within individual tweet view
- Design your own color themes
- Mute keywords, users, or phrases
- Filters apply instantly to your timeline
- Seamlessly transition among Slide Over, Full Screen, and Split View modes.
Photo Collage HD Pro is free right now for a limited time, so grab it quick! You will love making photo collages with this app. It’s easy to use, especially if you like doing before/after shots. You can have up to five photos in each collage, with 16 different layouts. There are four ratios available for your layout, and you can rotate, pan, mirror, or zoom the photos. Adjust the frame to make it larger or smaller, choose a color for your border, and make images have rounded corners. It’s easy to share your finished piece to Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook.
- Make photo collages
- Quick and easy
- 16 different layouts
- Up to five photos
- Free for a limited time