Not all apps are money-sucking, time-wasting black holes for your iPhone. It's time you downloaded some apps that actually will help you save some money. Apps that are designed to keep more money in your bank account range between ones that let you know about daily deals at local stores to group purchase discounts and everything in between. Check out our list of the best money savng apps for the iPhone.
The best iPhone apps for saving money
12 Jan 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Groupon works on the principle that you get deals on purchases because they are sold in groups of set numbers. For example, a minimum number of a spa package deal have to be sold before the deal goes through. This app lets you buy your Groupon deals, track your purchased vouchers, and redeem your purchases, all from your phone. You won't have to print off your vouchers to take to stores and restaurants anymore since you can just show them the voucher on your iPhone. You can save up to 70% off items and services with Groupon. Use the app to save on holidays, clothing, restaurant meals, and more.
- Every deal is available to use immediately
- Buy and redeem deals with your iPhone
- Track you purchased vouchers
- Share Groupon deals with friends via social media
- Free and works with Apple Watch
Are you looking to save money? Do you love finding great deals on your favorite products? If you answered yes to these questions then Skout is the app for you. One powerful tool to search through thousands of merchants for awesome deals. These deals will be listed according to the merchants closest to you. Skout also provides users with exclusive deals on top of the merchant deals. Additionally, users can create shopping lists, view suggestions, get reminders for expiring deals, purchase at the store or online and more.
- Save up to 90% on items through this great app
- Find deals for merchants near you
- Get exclusive deals from Skout
- Get reminders on expiring deals, View suggested deals
- Purchase online or at the store
Schoola is an app where you can go to buy second-hand clothes for kids and women. The app also helps raise money for thousands of American schools in addition to causes all over the world (like the Malala Fund) so every purchase you make helps out students. The app gives you access to exclusive sales and all purchases can be paid for using Apple Pay. Every day more than 5,000 new items are added from brands like Hanna Andersson, Nike, Gap, and Tea Collection. You can buy entire outfits for under $10, and if you want to get rid of some pre-loved clothes of your own, they'll send you a free postage-paid donation bag for you to fill and send back.
- Shop directly from your school's fundraising page
- $2 of every $5 you spend goes to a school
- Over 5,000 new items added every day
- Check out with Apple Pay
- Free app to save money
Use the Saviry app to find deals on clothes, electronics, and even groceries. It's not just a coupon app, though, because it gives you ideas on other people's opinions when it comes to shopping like what to buy and where to find the best prices. You can browse deals in various categories like Music, TVs, Games, Cameras, Apps, Shoes, Health, Jewelry, Travel, and more. You can see what other people think about deals that are currently being offered, and you will gather followers who think your deal selection is interesting.
- Deal notifications
- Explore deals by category
- See top trending deals
- Add your own deals
- Free app that works with Apple Watch
Weekly Circulars, Sales, Deals, Coupon Savings, Ads & Discounts with Shopping List (aka Weekly) is an app that gives you different ways to save money at specialty stores, departments stores, and discount stores in your area. Shop from Sports Authority, PetCo, Walgreens, Target, Best Buy, Dillards, Jo-Ann Stores, and more, and don't worry about carrying around all those paper circulars or cutting coupons anymore. Browse weekly sales, sort list items by store, view flyers using slideshow feature, and send shopping list to others using email.
- Take photos of products and upload to list
- Supports over 100,000 stores
- Sort list items by store
- Share favorite sales and products with others
- Free iPhone app for saving money
Weekly Ads & Sales is an app to help save you money at stores like Best Buy, CVS, Kohls, and Publix. It has weekly ads for more than 100 major retailers across the country. You will have instant access to deals for over 96,000 stores in just seconds. Look at sales for Dollar General, Smart & Final, Food Lion, Kroger, Safeway, Home Depot, Lowe's, Kmart, Toys 'R' Us, PetSmart, Dick's, GNC, and tons more. You will be able to make your shopping list for stores you don't even get paper circulars for! Get ready to save money with this one.
- Save money at over 96,000 stores
- Over 100 major retailers
- Grocery, drug, clothing, , home improvement, department, athletic stores
- Safeway, Office Max, Sports Authority, JCPenney, Old Navy, Publix, and more
- Free app to help save money
Specials: Restaurant Coupons and Specials for McDoanalds, Dominos (yes, we noticed it's spelled wrong, that's how the developer spelled it on the iTunes page) is an app that will help you save money when you eat out. Specials has deals right now from over 100 chain restaurants like McDonald's, Jamba Juice, Papa John's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Denny's, IHOP, and more. Check out this app now because you're certain to find deals for a restaurant you like. The developer says if you want to see a restaurant added, let them know and they will see what they can do.
- Get coupons and specials from local chain restaurants
- Deals are collected and ranked every day
- Deals for over 100 chain restaurants
- Places like McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Chili's, Burger King
- Free iPhone app for saving money
Ok, so you probably won’t become a billionaire by using this app. However, you will be able to come up with a plan to save accordingly with the mission to reach your financial goals. Start off by entering how much you want to save and the timeframe. For example, if you want to buy a house, make sure you enter how much you need to buy the house or put down a deposit and enter a date for when you want to do this by. The app will come up with a plan for how much money you need to save and remind you daily for putting money into your savings account.
- A very simple app, Helps those needing a visual
- Enter how much money you want to save
- Enter the deadline for saving money
- The app comes up with a savings plan
- App will remind you to save money daily