Sudoku puzzles offer an entertaining an effective way of exercising your brain and keeping your mind sharp. Training your brain with puzzles like this has been proven to reduce cognitive decline in elderly individuals, as well as improving overall cognitive function in men and women of all ages and from all walks of life. Whether you want to maintain the health of your brain or you're simply looking for a fun way to pass the time, you're sure to find something for everyone in today's list of the best sudoku apps for iPad.
The best Sudoku apps for iPad
29 Nov 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is one of the best Sudoku apps for the iPad as it offers an unlimited amount of puzzles for you to play. It features Game Center with 5 leaderboards and 20 achievements, Social Media integration, 5 levels of difficulty, the ability to load or save a puzzle to the app’s database, Statistics for finished puzzles, pause or resume capabilities, Undo and Redo capabilities, Smart Notes, Hints, prevent your iPad from going to sleep, In-game progress indication and so much more. With all of these great features, it’s a surprise you haven’t downloaded this app already. There’s an in-app purchase to remove ads.
- Unlimited amount of puzzles, Save favorite to app database
- Pause or Resume, Undo and Redo capabilities
- Notes, Hints, In-game progress, Turn off sleep mode
- Stats for finished puzzles, Game Center integration
- In-app purchase to remove ads
This popular version of Sudoku requires you to be on top of your game to solve these Killer puzzles. It has a cool interface and intuitive controls. The app comes with dual keypads, autosave, Combination lists, puzzle gallery, sum button, combination list button, mini-calculator, auto-note feature, undo and redo buttons, mistake highlights, two color schemes and 10 free puzzles. For more on these features, check out our review. There’s also a variety of in-app purchases to add more puzzles and more excitement to your Sudoku ventures.
- Intuitive controls and a nice looking interface
- Two color schemes, Mistake highlights, Auto-Save
- Undo and Redo buttons, Dual Keypads
- Min-calculator, Sum button, Combination lists
- 10 free puzzles, In-app purchases for more puzzles
Sudoku Killer app review: get ready for Sudoku challenges
Enjoy a comprehensive sudoku experience with this awesome game which allows you to track your progress in the Game Centre to see how you rank against other players. This sudoku game will provide you with a few hints to help you along the way, but don't be fooled because as you work your way up through the difficulty levels you are sure to come up against some seriously challenging puzzles that will test your mettle. Fans of sudoku puzzles will most likely never get bored of this one because there is always a fresh new puzzle to try out if you get stuck at any point.
- Offers a huge amount of replay value
- Track your performance and see how you rank against other players in the Game Centre
- Work your way through the easy levels to obtain more difficult puzzles
- Includes an innovative point system
- Receive hints to help you when you get stuck
This popular Sudoku app is back and better than ever. It’s a great option for both beginners and advanced Sudoku players. The app features an automatic memo mode for beginners, has a great design, a user friendly interface, a powerful Undo tool, various types of graphs for your stats, daily and world challenges, six levels of difficulties with each level containing thousands of puzzles, skins to choose from, support in various languages and more. Just about everything you want in a Sudoku app can be found in this one.
- Great Sudoku app for beginners and advanced
- 6 levels of difficulty, Thousands of puzzles for each level
- Stats, Undo tool, Various skins
- User friendly, great design
- Automatic Memo Mode for beginners
If you are looking for an epic Sudoku experience, then check out this app. It has 5 different Sudoku games in one, which gives you more options and more fun. There are thousands of puzzles and goals that will challenge you. Get new puzzles daily, complete your goals, get hints if needed, 5 levels of difficulty, auto notes, and more. The Wordoku game requires you to find the hidden word and Killer Sudoku is for the advanced players. There’s something for everyone in this wonderful Sudoku app. An in-app purchase is available if you desire to get the premium version.
- 5 Sudoku games in one
- New puzzles daily, Complete goals, Get hints
- Auto notes, 5 levels of difficulty
- Great for beginners and advances users
- In-app purchase for premium version
Sometimes, we might need a little assistance with trying to solve a difficult Sudoku puzzle. This app is designed to help those who want help. It’s easy to use and has a friendly interface, clean look and sleek design. You have the option to solve the whole puzzle or just to select one number at a time. This is great for those that don’t want the entire thing given away but need just a little nudge in the right direction. Shake the iDevice to erase last entry, open puzzles that you manually entered via Vivid Sudoku and if you desire to remove the ads, there’s an in-app purchase for that.
- User friendly, clean and sleek look
- Solve the entire puzzle, Or just get one number at a time
- Shake the iDevice to erase last entry
- Open puzzles from Vivid Sudoku
- In-app purchase to remove ads and add fonts
Sudoku Joy offers 17 levels of difficulty, which will guide the novice into becoming an expert. The app offers a tutorial with practice games and an advanced hint system. This is perfect for those of you that are still learning how to play. There’s a puzzle generator for unlimited play, scan puzzles from a book or newspaper, easy to read digits, learn new techniques through tutorials, infinite Undo and Redo, six color schemes, manual or auto pencil marks, game clocks, choice of digit styles and so much more. There’s an in-app purchase to remove the ads on this app. Sudoku Joy provides hours of enjoyment for users just starting out to those more advanced.
- 17 levels of difficulty, Advanced hint system
- Great tutorials, Puzzle generator for unlimited puzzles
- Scan newspaper and books or manually enter new puzzles
- Infinite Undo and Redo, Color schemes and Digit styles, Manual or Auto pencil marks
- In-app purchase to remove ads
There’s an unlimited amount of puzzles for you to satiate your wildest Sudoku desires. Play anytime you want online or offline with various levels of difficulty. The app allows you to play across all of your iDevices, Undo and Redo as many times as you want, 10 concurrent grids, Manual notes or Automatic notes, error highlights, customizable display settings, and more great features. The app’s design is fast, user friendly, big buttons and non-intrusive. You can upgrade the app to get 5 more difficulty levels.
- Unlimited Sudoku puzzles
- Play online or offline
- Undo and Redo, Manual or Automatic Notes
- Error highlighting, Customizable display settings
- Upgrade the app to get 5 more difficulty levels
This Sudoku app guarantees that you will never have to look for a paper Sudoku puzzle again. There are 4 levels of difficulty all on an intuitive interface that has many cool functions and features right at your fingertips. If you have to stop playing or somehow experience an interruption, the app is saved exactly where you left off. There are 3 input methods, pencil marks, Auto-save, Undo and Redo, hints, real time competitions, top scores, history of scores, highlight specific digits, see your errors and track your progress online. This app is supported by ads. However, there’s an in-app purchase for the premium version.
- 4 levels of difficulty, 3 input methods
- Pencil marks, Undo and redo, Auto-Save
- Hints, Competitions, Top Scores and History
- Highlight digits and errors, Track progress online
- Purchase the premium version to remove ads
The developer of this app claims that it is the most user-friendly sudoku game in the App Store. It is hard to stay for sure but we can definitely say with some confidence that this is one of the best additions to the genre. With its slick user interface, limitless supply of sudoku puzzles, and full statistics enabling you to track your progress, this game is sure to keep you busy for quite some time. Being able to track your performance in the statistics section is excellent because you can see how well you are improving over time while unlocking achievements in the Game Centre.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of sudoku puzzles
- Provides one of the best user interfaces in the genre
- Work your way through four different difficulty settings
- Provides full support for Game Centre
- Track your progress and unlock achievements as you sharpen your senses