RPG games are quite possibly the most popular gaming apps for the iOS platform. These apps have millions of players from around the world. The immersive quality of RPG games attracts users of all ages. The action and storylines can be quite addicting. In fact, don’t blame us if you never leave your house after trying the following games on our best RPG apps for iPad list.
The best RPG apps for iPad
16 Dec 2016, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This RPG adventure smacks you right in the mouth with stunning graphics, excellent gameplay and plenty of options to satiate any diehard RPG gamer. The fast paced action is both fun and engaging. With 6 heroes to choose from, you are bound to find a character that best represents your inner hero. Build up your strength, slash through your enemies and conquer each uniquely designed level. In other words, there’s no reason not to download this game. It also comes with plenty of in-app purchases to help those get ahead faster than regular gameplay and to enhance your experience. The game also features online PVP and other competitions like a 25 player Battle Royal. Strap up now and immerse yourself into this magical world.
- Stunning 3D graphics and fast-paced action
- In-app purchases to enhance your gaming experience
- Choose from 6 incredible heroes
- Play against other players online
- Numerous features like battle royal, PvP and more
Taichi Panda app review: a kung-fu adventure
Over two decades later, the Final Fantasy series is better than ever with the 6th installment in the epic franchise. Join Terra and Locke along this intense journey as you battle an evil Empire bent on trying to harness Terra as a weapon. The game’s graphics are on par with the best in the genre. Which is quite impressive considering this is mobile technology and not a PC or gaming system. Your game data is saved to iCloud so you can share it across your devices. The controls are friendly and intuitive, making this a smooth RPG gaming experience. If you haven’t play any installment of this franchise then what the heck are you waiting for?
- Game Data can be saved to iCloud
- Graphics are incredible
- Friendly and intuitive gameplay
- Same great action as the previous installments
It’s easy to see why this RPG game has arguably the best graphics of the entire genre. Just take a look for yourself and you will be amazed. Once you start playing the game, you will be hooked. The gaming controls are responsive and intuitive, which we have come to expect with top of the line RPG games. Navigation is simple through the app and it’s filled with new achievements. The developers took the best of the previous installments and seemed to improve on them even more, making this game a must have for fans of this genre. This game will challenge you on each level and your iDevice to have the latest iOS version. Check out the gaming modes, play with other gamers from around the world, and lose yourself in this incredible adventure.
- Stunning graphics and dynamic immersive worlds
- Several gaming modes to choose from
- Play with other gamers from around the world
- New features, Bonus Features and In-App Purchases
- Simple Navigation, Responsive Gaming Controls
Infinity Blade III app review: see what the hype is about
Like other RPG games on this list, Oceanhorn is a best RPG of the year candidate. It’s an epic journey that begins with a letter from your missing father. You must explore the Uncharted Seas in hopes of finding your father. All the while, you will be fighting monsters, solving puzzles and overcoming dangers. It’s a fun, captivating story with tremendous graphics. The 10+ hours of captivating gameplay is exciting and responsive. One feature of this app that stands out is its music. Other features worth mentioning are iCloud support, iOS 7 Controller Support and Game Center Achievements.
- A captivating storyline with smooth touch controls
- Supports iCloud and iOS 7 Controller
- Compare your success through Game Center Achievements
- Legendary musical soundtrack
- Challenging and charming levels
The Force is strong with this app. Ok, we had to use some Star Wars quote for this write-up. Highly touted by critics and players, the Knights of the Old Republic seems to raise the bar for RPG gaming experience on the iOS. There’s unique characters to choose from as you learn to use the Force and try to save the Republic. There are 40 different powers and the ability to construct your own Lightsaber. You will recognize some of the classic Star Wars locations and some of the characters. Perfect time to get this app as you get ready to celebrate the newest Star Wars movie to hit the big screens.
- Save game data to iCloud and play on different iDevices
- Unique and familiar characters, vehicles and planets
- Streamline user interface with eye popping graphics
- Requires newer iDevices and iOS version
- Different languages, Controller support, WiFi connection to download
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ app review: an epic Star Wars role-playing adventureStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic app review: the best Star Wars game ever made?Heroes versus Monsters app review: a hack and slash role playing game
This non-stop RPG is packed with action, battles, mythical creatures and plenty of adventure to satisfy the die-hards and casual RPG gamers alike. The goal is for the Knights to rise up against the army released by the Dark Prince. Build your team of Knights and even join forces with other players. The quests are engaging, the story is captivating and the fun is exciting. In addition to teaming up with others, or playing alone, you can play against other players across the globe in PvP tournaments. You can unlock numerous features, characters, armor and more. Defeat the Dark Prince and become the ultimate Knight.
- Knights, mythical creatures and other cool characters
- Unlock numerous features, characters and more
- Free to play, In-App Purchases
- Build an army with other players
- Weekly PvP tournaments
Knights & Dragons for iPad app review
This is true RPG at its core and filled with immersive levels that will have you playing for hours on end. The main character is the only hope for defending the world against an ancient race called The Demons. Use your newfound power and skills to conquer the dungeons and defeat evil force. There’s an option for multiplayer fun if you want to play with friends. In-app purchases allow you to get a jumpstart on your journey through this world of dungeons. A cool feature is customizing your gear. Loot, slash, and conquer your way to victory.
- Single or Multiplayer options
- PvP modes for more action
- Plenty of characters and customization capabilities
- Free to download, In-App purchases
Dungeon Hunter 4 for iPad app review
Build ginormous cities and defend them against other players as you try to be the ultimate conqueror. Battle against the computer or other players from around the globe. Firstly, you must make sure your own city is properly built, fortified and managed. You can’t just go out and attack others. This game requires multiple fronts of strategy, which makes it a lot of fun. You can also build alliances with others players to help your city grow and to fight alongside each other against outsiders. This game is both RPG and a real time-strategy. It’s become insanely popular and has a cult like following. In-app purchases can speed up the process for you to become a more powerful force.
- RPG and RTS style game
- Can play against other players from around the world
- Build your city, manage resources and fortify your defense
- Build alliances with other players for mutual survival
- Cool graphics, easy gaming controls
Here’s your chance to become a member of the Mafia. Rise up through the ranks and become the Don of your own criminal organization. You can play against other gamers and commit crimes against them to make yourself more powerful. The HD graphics add a visual element to the sinister adventure. There are numerous Game Center Achievements as you complete your goals and jobs. Plenty of areas to explore and pillage. In-app purchases can help fast track your way to the head of the crime family. Satiate your criminal inklings through this game by robbing, fighting, major heists and more.
- Free with In-App Purchases
- Over 250 Goals, 500 Jobs, 100 Decorations
- A crime story with cool graphics
- Work your way up to becoming the head of the Mafia
- Game Center Achievements, Online interaction, Massive Multiplayer
Best New iPhone, iPad & Mac Apps Released Last Week (10/31 - 11/5)
This 3D first-person dungeon crawler requires you to lead your team of heroes through life threatening dungeons to save the world from the evil forces. The graphics are stunning with rich 3D levels of hand-painted textures. Collect over 500 creatures to create your team, unlock their special skills and improve their levels. Play by yourself or take on other users from around the world. Climb up the leaderboards, new levels added regularly and so much more. The app is free to download, but there are in-app purchases to speed up or enhance overall gameplay.
- First-person dungeon crawler, Lead a team of heroes
- Stunning 3D graphics, Immersive dungeons and gameplay
- Play on your own or take on other users in PVP
- Collect over 500 unique creatures, New levels added daily
- In-app purchases to speed up gameplay
Join over 85 million players from around the world in this free turn-based RPG app. Fight against hordes of enemies in turn-based battles, play as heroic figures, Level Up and defeat tougher villains, craft hundreds of potions and weapons to improve your battles, complete rare sets of equipment, challenge other players from across the globe and more. Stay informed on the latest upgrades and rewards so that you can experience an even better version of this game. The app is free to download and play. However, there are in-app purchases for enhanced and expedited gameplay.
- Over 85 million people across this world play this game
- A turn-based RPG, Battle against other people or the computer
- Level Up, Craft weapons and potions
- Complete rare equipment sets, Keep eye out for Upgrades and rewards
- In-app purchases for expedited gameplay
Zenonia 5 is one of the most popular RPG apps in the world. The app features stunning graphics, immersive storyline, intuitive combat based on reactions and decisions, four classes of heroes with their own strengths and special moves, dynamic action, equip heroes with weapons and skills, a global PVP option, explore new worlds and take on new challenges. This awesome RPG is free to download and play. However, there are in-app purchases for gold and ZEN to expedite your gameplay.
- One of the most popular RPG apps in the world
- Stunning graphics, Immersive storyline, New worlds and challenges
- Four Classes of Heroes, Improve hero’s skills and weapons
- Global PVP to fight others
- In-app purchases for Gold and ZEN