You don’t have to be a child in order to enjoy a robot-based game as this list of apps proves. There is a wide variety of games to explore here and although each one is unique they do share a common theme of robots. Find games for all ages, different skill levels, and different areas of interest. There’s a good chance you’ll want at least a few of these after you start to explore them.
The best robot games for iPhone
29 Jul 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you want an action-packed robot game that offers real-time battles for multiple players, then War Robots is one to check out. You will be piloting your robot while destroying the others’ machines with some complex tactical maneuvers, surprise attacks, and all the weapons you have at your disposal. Features include 21 battle robots with different strengths and abilities, amazing PvP battles against people from all over the world, over 20 weapon types, and the ability to create your own clan and take it to victory. You will complete military tasks and earn Best Pilot title as well as bonuses.
- Action-packed multi-player game
- 6 v 6 team battles
- Play in real time
- Capture all the beacons
- Free with in-app purchases
When numerous users are calling this the best robot game ever, we listen. Then we check it out and realize that they might be on to something. On the surface, it doesn’t look like it’s the best robot game, but when you start playing, you quickly realize the game’s potential. Customize robots to battle against people from all over the world in an exciting robotic fight. You can play with up to 4 people, try to conquer 15 challenging levels and more. There are over 50 parts and colors to customize your robots with. This is a game that you will thank us for, after you download and play it.
- Customize robots for battle
- Play against up to 4 people
- Over 50 robotic parts and colors
- 15 exciting, challenging levels
- Game Center integration
Big Iron Super Hero Robot Creator 2 needs you to design the ultimate robot to use to save all of humankind. It’s a dress-up game where you need to build a great machine using different parts. There’s a built-in social sharing system and rather than a competitive game, this one focuses on visual appeal and inspiration. You’ll get a robot template and will customize its armor, emblems, top, shoes, pants, and more. The game uses a coin system you will use to unlock rare items. Your goal is to get high ratings from other players based on your robot’s design; you will be rating other players’ robots as well.
- Design the ultimate robot
- Save humankind
- Not a combat game
- Social sharing system
- Free with in-app purchases
Red Dragon Robot Attack is a 3D fighting game where you play the last king of a dragon dynasty and the robots that wiped out the human race are coming to kill the red dragons. You have to destroy them. Pick your dragon and get fighting! This game is really pleasing to the eye, has good music, and doesn’t continually ask you for money to keep playing. Watch out, because the robots that killed all the humans don’t have brains, hearts, or souls, and they definitely don’t care if they kill off the red dragons, either. They have no mercy, so kill them before they kill you.
- 3D fighting game
- Battle the robots that already killed off the humans
- Play as the last king of the red dragon dynasty
- Challenging gameplay
- Free robot games for iPhone
Robot Prison Break In 8 Days is a click-and-point adventure escape game. Based in the year 2052, the city is inhabited by robots. All the humans are gone and it’s your job to make sure the robots survive in the post-apocalyptic wasteland. Click to move and interact with your surroundings. The cursor will change to tell you when there is something nearby to investigate. Search the bunker for anything you might need, including fuel. Each scene may also hold clues that will explain where the humans went and what your purpose is.
- Click-and-point adventure game
- None of the humans are left, just robots
- Search for fuel, clues, and needed items
- Find out your purpose and where the humans went
- Free robots game for iPhone
You've never seen a boxing ring like this one before because in the Real Steel World Robot Boxing app you will take a futuristic approach to boxing. Here you will be giving it all you've got in your attempt to beat your friends, earn some trophies, and of course the Championship belt. There are more than 70 million players which means you'll always find an opponent who is ready for a match. There are a few different game modes to choose from, there are upgrades available, and you'll love the variety of moves you can use.
- Take part in a futuristic boxing match
- Challenge players from around the world
- There are upgrades available
- There is a variety of moves to take advantage of
- There are trophies to win and the Championship belt
- You’ll love the graphics in this one
Is one of your favorite games the Real Steel World Robot Boxing app? If so then the Ultimate Robot Fighting app is not to be missed as it’s from the same makers who obviously know what they’re doing in this genre. You've got plenty of gameplay modes and options to choose from which is what helps to make this one so entertaining. Be sure to experiment with the super combos and explore the 45 different robots. If you need a more powerful robot then you can promote, upgrade, and improve them. The power cards are important to collect as they will provide your robots with much needed boosts.
- There are 45 different robots
- There are super combos to help you out
- Choose from a couple of different game modes
- This app is from the makers of Real Steel World Robot Boxing
Enter a world that is run by robots and enjoy this visually stunning and creative adventure. The Machinarium app is unique in every sense of the word in fact this one has wont a number of awards thanks to how impressive and creative it is. This game can be pretty challenging and tricky to pick up at first but once you get the hang of it you'll be hooked. You'll be solving puzzles, enjoying the mesmerizing soundtrack, the incredible graphics, and even the humor this one presents.
- The game is unique, creative, and beautiful looking
- This one has won a number of awards and has received lots of attention
- Work to solve puzzles that are challenging and addictive
- The sounds are as impressive as the graphics
- The game is immersive
- The controls are easy to use and they are highly responsive
Machinarium app review: point-and-click puzzle game with stunning graphics
Here's a heart-pounding adventure that has you on the run. The RunBot app is an infinite runner style of game where you will be playing as a robot that has an advanced weapon system. You are running for your freedom as you have chosen to go against your protocol and reject becoming a killing a machine. While you run you'll be jumping, flipping, and flying over all kinds of obstacles that are trying to slow you down and end your quest for freedom. There are upgrades available and this one supports the Leaderboards. As far as controls go this one uses tilt controls.
- This is an endless runner style of game
- Watch out for the many obstacles in your way
- The game uses tilt controls
- The robot has an advanced weapons system
- The graphics are fun and lively
In celebration of the newest Terminator movie to hit the big screen you can also enjoy the action on your mobile device with the Terminator Genisys: Revolution app. Skip ahead in the future to the year 2028 and that's where this game takes place. John Connor is on a quest to save humans from extinction and your help is needed. There are literally hundreds of missions to take part in all of which require skills and strategy. You can upgrade and change your weapons, enjoy the responsive game controls, and even get promoted among the ranks of the Resistance.
- Help John Connor save humans from extinction
- There are hundreds of missions to complete
- Make use of all the futuristic weapons
- Work your way up the ranks of the Resistance
- The graphics and sounds are immersive and fun