There are all kinds of different games out there and one theme that pops up often is robot-themed games. These ones can be fun for all ages and always involve imagination and creativity. This list of apps takes a look at a collection of apps that have one thing in common, they revolve around robots. You’re in for fun graphics and animations, in-depth storylines, and challenges that pop up at every turn.
The best robot games for iPad
16 Sep 2015, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
Back for more is the Robot Unicorn Attack 2 app, which is actually the sequel to the popular Robot Unicorn app. You'll begin by picking what team you'll play for - Team Inferno or Team Rainbow. From there the challenges begin where two distinct worlds are currently at war with one another. Features in this app include a new layout each day so that it's always a challenge, there are goals and Achievements, you can unlock boosts, customize your own unicorn, and fight to the top of the Leaderboard. Expect vivid and fun animations and game controls which are smooth to operate.
- Vivid and fun animations
- Smooth game controls
- The app supports goals, Achievements, and the Leaderboard
- The layout of the world changes daily so you are always challenged
- Customize your very own unicorn and pick your team
Robot Unicorn Attack 2 app review
It's time to step into the ring and knockout your opponents so you can walk away with the win in the Real Steel World Robot Boxing app. This game has more than 70 million players from around the world, which means there is never a shortage of opponents. Here you'll be fighting as a powerful robot weighing in at more than 2,000 lbs. There are 34 different robots to use and when you're ready to fight you'll do so in real-time. You'll be able to win trophies, play in the different game modes, upgrade your robot, and more.
- Choose from 34 different robots
- Players can upgrade their robot
- There are more than 70 million players worldwide
- You will be fighting in real-time
- There are different game modes to sample
- Win trophies
- Enjoy amazing graphics and intense battles
Here's a game like no other and it's from the creators of the Real Steel World Robot Boxing app. The Ultimate Robot Fighting app offers up three versus three combat in an arena which is bound to get intense. This is a card collector style game which means you will be collecting all the players you need in order to reign supreme. There are 45 robots to play as, you can upgrade, get power cards, and more. Expect graphics that are so impressive that they feel real, you'll think you're actually in the ring fighting alongside your robot.
- Enjoy sleek and modern animations
- The game looks and feels real
- There are 45 robots to play as
- This is a card collector style of game where you are building the best team possible
- The game controls are fast and easy to pick up on
This robot game is perfect for players who like games with a puzzle angle to them. The Robot Bros Free app features 24 levels to work through and there are six different robots to play as. You'll be working to try to solve various puzzles that range in difficulty. The game also features cooperative gaming and all the scenes feature cut outs. Adults and kids can take part in this game and it will take plenty of practice before you become a puzzle pro. The graphics are fun and lively adding to the overall positive experience of the app.
- There are 24 levels to play
- There are six different robots to pick from and play as
- The gaming is challenging as you try to solve each of the puzzles
- Both kids and adults can play the game
Both the young and young at heart can enjoy the Robot Battle app that takes place in the future. The year is 2112 and the future is bleak because all of the natural resources have been stripped from the earth. Now robots are being sent to a new planet to find resources there, so a battle explodes as they fight to get the goods. There are a variety of robots to choose from and each is unique with its own characteristics. There are different items, weapons, upgrades, and you can even hire a robot to give you a hand and help you win a battle. For an added challenge you can battle against online players.
- The game takes place in the future
- Play online against other opponents
- Make use of different items and weapons
- There are upgrades available
For fans of the popular Dreamworks movie the Real Steel app will bring all the excitement to your mobile device. You'll be playing against all kinds of robots that can get as tall as eight feet and weigh up to 2,000lbs. There are 44 different robots to choose from, there is three versus three gameplay in the Tag Team mode, there are tournaments and challenges, all kinds of different arenas to fight in, customization options, and there are unlockable items. This game is fast-paced and intense making it impossible to put down.
- The game offers futuristic environments and graphics
- The game is fast-paced
- There are tournaments and challenges
- Battle others in Tag Team mode
- There are 44 different robots to play as
- This game is based on the Dreamworks movie
- There are a variety of arenas to fight in
Have you got nerves of steel ad reflexes that respond quickly? If so you may find yourself doing very well in the Ironkill: Robots Boxing & Fighting Games app. You'll be working to create the perfect robot that will end up being crowned the Ultimate Champion of Ironkill. Your robots can be upgraded so that you'll have the moves needed to strike down opponents. There are seven different arenas to fight in, the app supports Achievements and the Game Center, there are in-game rewards, and if you connect through Facebook you'll get a free robot. There are 60 league fights, 12 different champions to win, and challenges at every moment.
- There are 60 league fights
- Upgrade your robot to give it more power
- There are seven different arenas
- The app supports the Game Center and Achievements
You aren't alone if you're a Real Steel fan and that's why the Real Steel Champions app is proving to be so popular. In this app you'll be able to build a robot and then fight in one of the 10 arenas available. Thanks to the robot parts available there are thousands of robots you can create. Features include 96 time attack battles, tournaments, challenges, and unlimited free sparring, which gives you a chance to brush up on your skills. The game controls are sleek and easy to grasp and the animations are impressive and bright. While this one is free to play there are a number of in-app purchases available.
- There are a variety of gaming options
- Build your own robot
- There are thousands of combinations available when you build your robot
- The game controls are easy to catch on to
- The animations are sleek and modern