With the new Star Wars movie set to hit the big screen later this year it seems that Star Wars is even more popular than ever before. With that said, you can get into the spirit of things and prepare for the launch of the movie by enjoying a variety of Star Wars themed apps for your iPad. In this list you'll find offerings for kids and adults and each of these games will provide you with fun, entertainment, and challenge.
The best Star Wars apps for iPad
30 Jan 2017, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
If you are a game who loves Star Wars then this app is perfect for you. Users can create their own team of Rebel leaders or vicious Empire soldiers. Make strategic moves, pick teammates, defeat opponents and become the ruler of the galaxy. Unlock special leader abilities, collect iconic starships, fight across iconic backgrounds, enjoy stunning graphics and sounds, rise to the top of the leaderboards and much more. There are in-app purchases to expedite or enhance gameplay.
- Perfect for the Star Wars gamer, Cool graphics and gameplay
- Create the ultimate Star Wars team
- Rise up the leaderboards, Become master of the galaxy
- Unlock leader abilities, Collect iconic starships
- In-app purchases for expedited gameplay
Star Wars Force Collection is a card playing game where it requires users to come up with strategic plans and to always consider each character card’s skills and attacks. There are over 400 character cards that cover all of the popular characters from the Star Wars franchise. Users can choose from different game modes, work with allies and friends, chat with allies and friends, gain access to new and powerful Capital Level Starships, enjoy Legion vs Legion battles and more. There are in-app purchases to expedite gameplay, but they are not required to enjoy the game.
- A cool Star Wars card style game
- Over 400 characters, Each card has specific details
- Different game modes, Work and chat with allies
- Gain access to new and powerful Capital Level Starships
- In-app purchases for expedited gameplay
Instead of downloading a couple of different Star Wars games you may want to check out the LEGO® Star Wars™: The Complete Saga app which covers Episodes I through VI. Because you are getting so many episodes in this game you'll find there is hours' worth of gameplay to enjoy. There are 36 different story modes as well as bonus content to explore. Spread out through the content are more than 120 characters that you can play as and of course they are all depicted as adorable Lego mini figures. You'll find all the most popular and memorable scenes from the movies can be found in the app, and besides story mode there is also arcade levels, challenge mode, and special missions.
- The entire Star Wars saga is represented here – Episodes 1 through VI
- There are more than 120 playable characters
- There are a variety of gameplay modes
- There is hours’ worth of gameplay here
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga app review: the most fun had in a galaxy far far away
It's time to take part in a battle that is of epic proportions in the LEGO® STAR WARS™ THE YODA CHRONICLES app. In this game it's up to you to protect the galaxy from the dark side by creating, building, and then controlling your characters. Along the way you will need to complete challenges, solve difficult puzzles, and of course destroy any enemy in your way. There are 15 levels worth of gameplay, mini movies, and bonus levels for you to open. On top of that there are more than 30 mini figures you can play as and 18 LEGO Star Wars models that are official models.
- This one will take you into an epic battle
- There are 15 levels of gameplay
- Solve puzzles, complete challenges, and be sure to take out your enemies
LEGO® STAR WARS™ THE YODA CHRONICLES app review: be a Jedi Knight
Just imagine what it would be like if you got to be a part of Star Wars and take part in the battles and even lead troops. The Star Wars: Commander app gives you a chance to do just that as it is a combat strategy-based game. Your job is quite simple, really: you need to build a base, then put together a team that is sure to be unbeatable, and then you're ready to challenge other players. Some of the features of the game include acting as the battlefield commander, building and then defending your base, choosing what said you'll be fighting on, traveling to all kinds of different planets, and there are upgrades available.
- Act as the battlefield commander and lead your troops to victory
- Put together your squad, build a base, and defend it
- Travel to different planets
- There are upgrades available
Star Wars: Commander app review: the Clone Wars
You'll be stepping back in time in the Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ app stepping back to the tune of 4,000 years prior to the Galactic Empire. Right now the entire fate of the Jedis lays in your hands, you need to master the Force and then save the Jedi Order from the Sith. There are more than 40 powers that you will need to learn how to use, there are a number of creatures, characters, planets to explore, and vehicles to make use of. You'll visit a number of different worlds, all of which offer their own challenges.
- It’s up to you to save the Jedi Order
- There are more than 40 powers for you to learn how to use
- Visit different planets
- Check out all the characters and creatures
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ app review: an epic Star Wars role-playing adventureStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic app review: the best Star Wars game ever made?Heroes versus Monsters app review: a hack and slash role playing game
If you're a fan of the Angry Birds games than the Angry Birds Star Wars II app is an absolute must-try. This one features all the physics and challenges you know and love in the Angry Birds offerings; however, it uses a Star Wars theme with all-new challenges and surprises to explore. There are more than 30 playable characters and each one resembles a popular Star Wars character but with an Angry Bird twist of course. As you're playing you can even change characters. Expect the levels to get harder as you progress, providing more and more of a challenge.
- There are more than 30 playable characters
- The app features the dynamics that you love in Angry Birds
- The levels progress in difficulty quite quickly
- The game is easy to understand and highly addictive to play
Angry Birds Star Wars II app review: the long awaited sequel to one of the most popular iOS games
If you enjoy a great game of pinball you can do so on your mobile device with the Star Wars™ Pinball 3 app. This one has all your favorite characters from episodes V through IV. You get to play as the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire as you do your best to get the highest score possible. Players are loving this app thanks to its intense and fast-paced action as well as its beautiful graphics that make the game feel as though it will pop off the screen. The game controls are quick and easy to pick up on and they are responsive as well, which makes for a smooth user experience.
- The game represents episodes V through IV
- All your favorite characters are here
- The graphics are high-quality
- The game controls are smooth and responsive
Star Wars Pinball for iPad app review
How would you like to walk along the path of the Jedi and the Rebel Alliance? If so then you'll want to check out the Star Wars - Heroes Path app. This game features all kinds of puzzles that will push your problem-solving skills to the limit. There are dozens of levels that are spread out over six different environments. This is meant to be an interactive experience and each level has multiple solutions available. The more unique the solution is that you come up with, the better for you because you'll earn achievements for it. There are items to unlock and you can earn hints and powers through daily challenges.
- There are six different environments worth of puzzles to solve
- These ones will test your problem-solving skills
- There are items to unlock
- Earn hints and powers to help you out
How would you like to have your very own Lightsaber just like in the Star Wars movies? If so then you'll want to check out the Jedi Lightsaber app. This one is very user-friendly and allows you to create your very own custom sounds for your Lightsaber. You're going to love the look of this one and there are plenty of hilts and colors to choose from. Be sure to check out the Lightning power which packs a real punch. The app supports Game Center so you can even have a Lightsaber duel against a random player or a friend.
- Pick your Lightsaber color and hilt
- Customize the sound
- Check out the special Lightning power
- Engage in a duel with a random player or a friend
- The app is user-friendly and pretty addictive to use
When it comes to battle scenes in the Star Wars movies, the Lightsaber usually comes to mind. Now you can take part in your own "battle scene" with the Force Saber of Light app. This app gives you a chance to unleash the power of the Lightsaber as you swipe your device around in the air just as you would the actual saber. As you move it around you'll hear the different sounds. There are ways to customize the look of your saber and as you use it the saber will vibrate, flash, and make noise.
- You and your friends can enjoy Lightsaber battles by downloading the app on your device
- Swing your device around in the air to create sounds and colors
- The app is user-friendly
- You can customize the look of the saber