Worried about someone’s wellbeing, stress and mental health?
Want to have a conversation with your friend, family member or colleague to tell them that you care, and help them to identify strategies that can help, but don’t know where to start?
The Conversations for life® app provides a step by step guide to help you plan that conversation.
1. Learn why having a Conversation for life® earlier rather than later is so important.
2. Understand the principles of a Conversation for life®.
3. Use the step by step guide to prepare a conversation plan.
4. Summarise why you are concerned and identify where and when you can meet.
5. Include the words and skills you wish to use in your conversation plan.
6. Identify support systems and coping strategies to help your friend, family member or colleague stay safe and connected and to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
7. Reference your plan to increase your confidence and to guide the conversation.
8. See guidelines for what to do should it be a crisis, when your friend is having suicidal thoughts.
Conversations for life® is based on extensive research and evidence in mental health, suicide prevention, symptoms of depression, adult learning and social communications.
ConNetica is a member of Lifeboat®, a group of committed organisations to increase suicide prevention awareness and skills in organisations and individuals.
The Lifeboat® team includes recognised experts in suicide prevention, mental illness, social welfare, and workplace wellness who have joined together to provide courses and programs to make a difference.