A fully indexed and cross referenced handbook of policing with guidance and law appropriate to England and Wales.
It provides a ‘one shop’ solution for:
◦ uniformed constables and sergeants,
◦ custody officers,
◦ duty inspectors,
◦ anyone engaged in investigating crime, including all members of the CID,
◦ roads policing officers.
It is invaluable in providing clear and concise advice and guidance when confronted with the ‘what do I do now’ situation.
It covers both the IPLDP and ICIDP, the Sergeants and Inspectors Promotion Examinations, and has a separate PIP (Professionalising Investigation Program) menu, based on the National Occupational Standards.
It contains probably the most comprehensive guides to custody and investigation in the country. Our custody guide is fully SDHP compliant.
28 Police Forces across England and Wales use the Police Visual Handbook.
It includes comprehensive guides to:
• diversity, lifestyle and workplace issues, e.g. first aid, stress, health and safety,
• dealing with a range of operational incidents,
• carrying out investigations,
• preparing and submitting prosecution files,
• attending various operational incidents, etc.
It also includes comprehensive Superintendents' and Inspectors' Guides.
Following initial login the full content of 70 MB will be downloaded onto your device.