Retrace is a real-time GPS tracing app that allows you to retrace your walk, run, bike ride or drive. Its advanced geolocation function accurately traces your path live and provides directions back to the start of your journey or any location you desire. Retrace's Save with Photo feature allows you to take a photo of a place, building, signage or even a selfie to associate your trace or location with. Retrace is equipped with a fully functioning map utility that offers directions, multiple route options, traffic information, annotations and local search capabilities.
Retrace can be used to trace your run in the park, walk through a foreign city, get directions back to your parked car, save the address of your new favorite bar, and many more.
With Retrace, never lose your way again.
- Start tracing your steps and view your path live on a map.
- Trace your path even without data connection (GPS only).
- Pause and resume trace.
- Supports walk, bike and drive modes.
- Trace distinguishes between true trace paths vs. extrapolated paths from poor GPS signal conditions.
- Supports both Metric and Imperial systems.
- Trace can be saved for future viewing or directions request.
- Obtain your current location, accurate to the meter, in a fraction of a second.
- Current location can be saved for future viewing or directions request.
SAVE TRACES and LOCATIONS with PHOTO
- Saved traces and locations can be invoked to obtain details.
- Take a photo to associate your trace or location with.
- Saved photo can be viewed on the Details screen.
- Photo can be attached to past traces and locations in History.
- Share current location, saved locations or directions between two locations with family and friends.
- Shared locations and directions can be viewed using Apple Maps or Google Maps.
- Fully functioning map utility provides return directions from destination address to origin address or saved locations.
- Directions can also be obtained from current location to any desired location or between any two locations.
- Multiple route options are provided with differentiating information including travel time and distance.
- Fastest route is highlighted as the first option.
- Return route can be obtained for transportation by foot, vehicle or original trace path.
- Address search field autocompletes favorite addresses.
- Live search function enables search for points of interest (POI), local establishments, known addresses, etc.
- Receive notifications when you go off course while retracing your path or while routing your path between two locations.
- Receive notifications when trace is paused and app goes to the background.
- Receive alerts when location updates fail.
- Retrace informs you when you have reached your destination.
BACKGROUND LOCATION UPDATES
- Retrace requires authorization to always access your location.
- Retrace employs background location updates to ensure your steps or paths are accurately traced even when the app is not in the foreground or when your mobile device is locked or in sleep mode.
- Rest assured, Retrace intelligently determines when your location is required and how your location is triangulated to ensure there is no significant impact on battery life.
- Location updates are only initiated when a trace is started. Location updates cease when trace is stopped or when app is closed.
- Location data is never shared with third parties.
- Retrace is absolutely free of ads.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- If mobile device is equipped with GPS, wifi or mobile data connection is not required for location updates.
- Wifi or mobile data connection is used when available for increased positioning accuracy.
- Wifi or mobile data connection is required for geolocation information.
- Icons designed and developed by Icons8 - https://icons8.com.