Format No. 2
Foo/Skou proudly present Format No. 2 - An art piece consisting of an iPhone application and a series of graphic scores and installation pieces.
The iPhone application uses computer vision algorithms, to recognize circles and plays a soundscape depending on the size and the location of the circles it sees.
Experience Format No. 2 at Foo / Skou exhibitions, buy one of our fine art prints online at http://musicprints.tumblr.com/ or explore sounds of circles with our app elsewhere.
Format No. 2 is inspired by optical sound and visual music experiments from history.
How the Format No. 2 app works:
· Uses the camera to interpret the visual data as sound
· Maps circles to sound samples
· Reads in a sequence, one circle at a time
· Each circle detected in a different location on the screen triggers a different sample
· The size of the circle determines the volume of the sample
· Format No. 2 is open-source and created with openFrameworks
Foo / Skou is a duo consisting of artists and musicians Louise Foo and Martha Skou. The app has been developed in collaboration with programmer Johann Diedrick.