Tuup makes it easy to plan the daily travel and use mobility services.
An easier way to get from A to B! Wouldn’t it be nice, if you didn’t have to wonder how to travel from one place to an another on a busy day?
The Finnish company Tuup is developing a full fledged Mobility as a Service (MaaS) app with which you can plan and pay for all your everyday trips beforehand or while you’re on the move.
With Tuup going about your daily business will soon become as easy as jumping in your own car. It’s easy to compare the speed, price and emission rates of different options like the bus, a bike, taking a taxi or a rental car.
A version that provides the Turku Föli and Hyvinkää public transport tickets is now open to users. It is still some way to reach our vision but we appreciate your feedback right from the beginning. With this first version you can:
• Search for routes on foot, by bike, public transportation, car or taxi all around Finland.
• Compare alternatives between travel time, price and CO2 emissions.
• Check the departures from your closest stop in major Finnish cities – often in real-time.
• Buy Föli tickets for public transportation in Turku region.
• Buy tickets for Hyvinkää public transportation.
WE ARE COOPERATING OR NEGOTIATING WITH THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
• Turku Region public transport - Föli
• Taxi (in partnership with the Finnish Taxi Owners Association)
• Share IT Blox car
• City Car Club
• VR – The Finnish railway company
• Helsinki Region Transport HSL
THE FEATURES OF TUUP AS VISIONED:
• A comprehensive route planner including all major mobility modes and services with pricing and emission rates
• A quick and easy way to find, pay and use mobility services
• A travel plan optimised for your daily agenda based on your preferences
• Control over the total costs and effects of your mobility choices and digital receipts stored
WE USE DIGITRANSIT FOR ROUTES:
For public transportation routes and timetables nationwide in Finland we use Digitransit API. Digitransit is based on Open Trip Planner and coordinated by Finnish Transport Administration and Helsinki Region Transport. It is still under development, and we will pass on any feedback related to route information to the developers. For the Helsinki region public transport we still use the Helsinki Region Transport’s own API to get the most accurate information.
BRIGHTEST MOBILITY MODELLING AND OPTIMIZATION SKILLS IN YOUR USE:
The Tuup team has 20+ years’ know-how in mobility and activity modelling and analytics. We have the insight that is necessary for making optimal suggestions on your daily travel plan. In the future Tuup can help you plan you day by simulating your activities and travel choices based on general statistics and Big Data gathered from users.
CONTACT AND FEEDBACK:
• Twitter: @tuupapp
If you are interested in testing the new features and participating in our co-creation process, please inform us!