The Foolish King - The Secret History of Chess
Long, long ago, when kings ruled the land, dragons filled the sky and magic still existed, two small children stumbled upon the game of chess. This is your chance to discover it with them . . . Join Pip and Holly on their magical fairy-tale adventure and become a chess master!
An interactive, smartly-designed, iPad app that is the perfect introduction to chess for children and adults alike – ideal for children aged six and above.
The app features a magical fairy-tale storybook about the secret history of chess, brought vividly to life by Martin Brown, illustrator of the mega-selling Horrible Histories; easy-to-understand rules of the game; clear tutorials to help you learn how to play chess; tips on how to improve your technique; and suggestions for chess moves to try. It also features one and two player game options, three different levels, easy, medium and hard, and the ability to play a friend either side-by-side or opposite each other as on a traditional board.
- Your copy of the Foolish King book (Retailed at £10.99)
- Learn chess basics through ‘How To Play’ tutorials
- Play chess with the insects and bees from the story
- Play against the computer or your friend
- Help and prompts when playing chess
- 3 different levels of chess game difficulty
Beautifully illustrated throughout
Without in-app purchases