Lecto Flash is a valuable tool aiming at improving reading abilities with children presenting with reading or learning difficulties.
Created by two Speech-Language Pathologists, Lecto Flash is a professional application allowing to work on different reading objectives in flash reading mode.
Discover the Lecto Flash application by downloading free this Lite version which will allow you to explore all the functionalities of the full version, however, with a limited number of stimuli.
For the Lite version, the complete lists of words are provided for the Short Vowel a and the Long Vowel a.
With this entertaining quick and easy application, you benefit from the same Lecto word bank, which contains over 9300 words classified by goals and levels of difficulty, but the words are presented in a flash reading mode.
For an efficient use of the flash reading mode, the application settings allow you to set the speed of word presentation in milliseconds. It also offers progressive appearing and disappearing modes. Moreover, there is a manual mode which gives you the opportunity to adapt the speed to the child’s need.
To learn with pleasure, a brief, but exciting reinforcement game is presented after the reading exercise.
This Lite version is limited to three words per list.
The Lecto Flash application targets:
• Short Vowels (CVC One-Syllable Words, One-Syllable Words Beginning with a Vowel, CVCC One-Syllable Words, L Blends One-Syllable Words, R Blends One-Syllable Words, S Blends One-Syllable Words, Two -Syllable Words Beginning with a Vowel, Two-Syllable Words, Three-Syllable Words Beginning with a vowel, Three-Syllable Words, L Blends Two or More Syllables, R Blends Two or More Syllables, S Blends Two or More Syllables) – Over 3120 words
• Long Vowels (One Syllable Words (CVCe & VCe), One Syllable Words with Blends, Two-Syllable Words, Three-Syllable Words, Two or More Syllable Words with Blends) - Over 750 words
• Vowel Digraphs ai/ay, au, aw, ea, ee, ei/ey, ie, oa, oo, ow (long o) & Diphthongs oi, oy, ou, ow, ue, ui (One-Syllable Words (CVVC & VVC), One-Syllable Words with Blends, Two or Three-Syllable Words, Two or Three-Syllable Words with Blends) – Over 1530 words
• R-Controlled Vowels ir, er, ur, or, ar, our, oor, oar, air, are, ear, eer, ire (One-Syllable Words, One-Syllable Words with Blends, Two-Syllable Words, Three-Syllable Words, Two or Three-Syllable Words with Blends) – Over 1860 words
• Consonant Digraphs ch, sh, wh, th (One-Syllable Words, Two-Syllable Words, Three-Syllable Words, Irregular Spelling for “ch” and “sh”) – Over 760 words
• Hard and Soft C (One-Syllable Words, Two or Three-Syllable Words, Hard “C” where Soft “C” Expected, Soft “C” where Hard “C” Expected) – Over 170 words
• Hard and Soft G (One-Syllable Words, Two or Three-Syllable Words, Hard “G” where Soft “G” Expected, Soft “G” where Hard “G” Expected) – Over 200 words
• Four-syllable Words – Over 200 words
• Visual Confusions b/d and b/p (One-Syllable Words, One-Syllable Words with Blends, Two or Three-Syllable Words, Two or Three-Syllable Words with Blends) – Over 660 words
Try Lecto Flash Lite to discover the advantages of having a handy rich word bank classified by reading objectives and presented in a flash reading mode.
Available on iPad.
Lecto Flash is also available in the Lecto Suite which regroups the Lecto and Lecto Flash applications at an advantageous price.