SleepOver is a wake-on-LAN (WOL) utility for the iPhone and iPod touch, allowing you to remotely wake up a sleeping computer.
Wake-on-LAN works by sending a "magic" network packet to a sleeping computer. If the destination computer supports wake-on-LAN it can listen for these "magic" packets while it is sleeping and wake up automatically if it receives one.
- Wake a pre-defined host by simply tapping it on the main screen.
- Define as many hosts as you need.
- Configure up to 2 network interfaces for each host, allowing you to wake hosts over a LAN and the Internet.
- Support for hostnames (useful for DynamicDNS).
- Target hosts must support wake-on-LAN.
- Target hosts must have wired network connections (it is not possible to wake a wireless computer).
- Wake-on-LAN requires iPhone or iPod touch to have an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Wake-over-Internet requires iPhone or iPod touch to have an active Internet connection (cellular or Wi-Fi).
- Wake-over-Internet will only work if the "magic" packet can reach its destination. Your router must be configured to allow incoming UDP packets on a chosen port to be broadcast over the LAN. Many consumer routers do *not* allow this, therefore please verify your network configuration using an on-line wake-over-Internet service before purchasing SleepOver if wake-over-Internet is important to you.
Please send any feature requests to Percula Software either by email from the About screen in SleepOver or by using the feedback form on our website.