Natural English - Natural Japanese!
The "Longman English-Japanese Dictionary" is the first and only bilingual dictionary to be based 100% on English and Japanese corpora and is designed to help learners easily find information and focus on natural meanings that are important.
NOTE: This dictionary was designed with the native Japanese speaker in mind. For a non-native Japanese speakers, a good understanding of kana and kanji is essential.
All English examples and collocations are based on the Longman Corpus Network, a 330-million-word database of spoken and written English across a spectrum of sources. All Japanese translations are based on Longman's new and revolutionary 50-million-word corpus of contemporary Japanese. A 100% corpora backbone ensures that different meanings of a word are presented in order of frequency.
This cutting edge full color dictionary includes over 700 movies, illustrations and photos, 102,000 headwords and phrases, 83,000 example sentences, 63,000 collocations, clear grammar presentations, error notes for Japanese learners, notes about formality, sound/pronunciation and much more.
This iPhone version also includes:
* progressive look-up for quick searching
* lookup from English or Japanese
* wildcard searches
* spelling suggestion dictionary
* direct linking into description page for Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
* natural English pronunciation for almost all headwords
* links out to English dictionaries and Thesauri. (if installed)
* bookmark facility with folders
* customizable flashcards grouping with random shake
* search history function
* zoomable illustrations and photos
* descriptive movies
* complete front matter and communication guide
* "Retina Display" and iPhone6 support
Copyright© 2007 Pearson Education Limited
Powered by Enfour's -"UniDict® Engine 6"