iRedTouch - the universal "Universal Remote"
PLEASE NOTE: This application requires additional hardware
Are you tired of having several remotes lying around in your living room? Do you want to use your iPhone or iPod touch instead? This and much more is possible with iRedTouch - in conjunction with an infrared LAN or WiFi module by IRTrans GmbH (www.irtrans.com) or a GC-100 or iTach module by Global Caché (www.globalcache.com).
Please visit iRedTouch website for details.
A version especially for the iPad (iRedTouch HD) is also available on the App Store!
WITH ONE IR MODULE:
- Use your fingers to flip through the list of your remotes on the iPhone or iPod touch
- Tap on the photo of your remote - and the IR module transmits the respective IR signal
- Hold down your finger - and the IR signals will be sent repeatedly, if appropriate
- Infrared codes of all common devices (HiFi/TV/DVD/...) can be taught to iRedTouch
- Control your Philips HUE lighting system, too!
- No PC or Mac needs to be running at all!
- All this is even possible via mobile networks! The magic is called "VPN".
WITH MORE IR MODULES:
- Control all IR-capable devices in your household, from anywhere in your WLAN!
- Determine which remote or button will use which IR module all over your network
WHICH MODULES ARE SUPPORTED?
- All IRTrans modules LAN or WiFi, IR with up to 16 LEDs, RS232, contact closure, if available
- GC-100 (Global Caché), IR, RS232, contact closure
- iTach (Global Caché), IR, RS232, contact closure, depending on model
- iTach Flex (Global Caché), IR, RS232, contact closure, with adapters
HOW TO CREATE A REMOTE:
1. Make a photo of your remote, scan it, or even make a sketch of it
2. In iRedTouch choose the very photo as the touchable area of your new remote
3. Place the buttons on the screen, simply by tapping onto the photo
4. Teach the infrared signals to iRedTouch - a built-in assistant makes this easy
5. That's it!
NOT ONLY INFRARED
iRedTouch can perform lots of "actions":
- Infrared-Code with IR modules, via external LEDs if available
- RS232 strings with certain modules
- Contact closures with certain modules
EVEN WITHOUT MODULES ...
- Control your Music app ("iPod")
- Call URLs (aka web adresses), some devices understand that!
- Control Philips HUE Personal Wireless Lighting
- Jump to a different remote
- Create Macros from all these actions
IF YOU HAVE A MAC:
- Control "iRed2" on the Mac - a free license is included with certain IRTrans modules
- Use IRTrans USB modules connected to your Mac, just from iRedTouch via iRed2
- Control your Mac, change speaker volume, send it to sleep, ...
- Control iTunes, let iRed2 announce the current track, jump to the next album, set ratings, etc.
- All this and much more from iRedTouch on your iPhone or iPod touch
WITH YOUR MAC ON THE ROAD:
- Control applications on your MacBook (Pro), e.g. a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation - via WLAN from your iPhone
- Control QuickTime Player or VLC, or whatever. iRed2 is very flexible and adjustable to your needs