As featured in Travel+Leisure Magazine, July 2009: The Best iPhone Apps for Travelers
"Most iPhone language apps have an Achilles’ heel: they require an expensive data connection to work abroad. Lingolook, though, lives on your phone. Its clean, cartoonish flash cards of important words and phrases—more than 300, from “I’m allergic to nuts” to “speak slowly”—are said aloud if you tap your screen, delivering you from faux pas and pronunciation debacles."
Lingolook Apps are the innovative, new all-in-one destination-specific travel phrasebook application for iPhone designed to help English-speaking travelers get by abroad in a flash!
Speak Spanish with Mexican flair using Lingolook, Master perfect pronunciation of essential travel keywords and phrases from over 300 "talking translations" or flash your iPhone with the large type translations showcased on 75 cleverly designed flashcards.
- No Internet connection required
- 500+ essential words and phrases
- 300+ audio translations
- 75 illustrated flashcards
- Extra large type and phonetics
- Fast search by travel category or index
- Instant replay of audio translations
- Convenient "Favorites" menu
- Travel tips key information
- Restaurant menu-readers, chart size, calendar, numbers
iTouch: Ensure Sound Effects are on. In Settings, choose General > Sound Effects and select whether you want the audio to play via speaker, via headphones, or both.
iPhone: Ensure Ringer (located on upper left of device) is on; the audio will not play in silent mode.