** MacBreak Weekly App Pick of the Week (July 21) **
Labor Mate is the labor contraction stopwatch of choice for many expecting parents. Labor Mate makes tracking a woman's labor contractions as easy as touching a button. Tap the stopwatch button once to start the contraction timer and tap it again to stop the timer. As the contractions become longer and more frequent Labor Mate tracks the information for you and reports the timings back in an easy-to-read format so you can decide when it is time to call the doctor, your doula or midwife, or head off to the hospital or birthing center for delivery.
Labor Mate provides two screens for monitoring the contractions, a detail screen and an summary screen. The detail screen shows the duration of each contraction and the time between contractions. The summary screen shows the average duration of the contractions based on the last 3 contractions and the average time between contractions based on the last 6 contractions. This information helps you decide when it is time to call the doctor or head off to the hospital for delivery.
So what fun is buying an application when you can't take advantage of it right away? After all it is not likely you will buy Labor Mate the moment the contractions start, though you might. This is why Labor Mate includes a Due Date Countdown screen. Enter the expected due date and Labor Mate will show you how many weeks and days have passed as well as how much time remains.
- Tap the timer anywhere to start and stop the contraction timer.
- Contraction timer continues to run even if you switch applications or make/receive a phone call.
- Track the duration of each contraction.
- Track the time between contractions.
- Displays date and time of the contraction.
- Add notes to individually recorded contractions.
- Delete unwanted recorded contractions without needing to start over.
- Email the contraction log to family, friends, and healthcare providers.
- Post updates to Twitter and Facebook.
- Displays the average duration and frequency.
- Shows how much time remains until the big day.
Please send your bug reports and feature requests to email@example.com. This is the best way to ensure we receive your request. You can also find us on Twitter at @whitepeak and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/whitepeaksoftware.