Shopping Secrets Melbourne: Melbourne’s favourite shopping guide is now in a handy app format.
Melbourne is frequently described as Australia’s shopping capital but don’t expect to discover the hidden secrets on the main streets. Like the bars, our favourite shops are located down laneways, in basements or hard-to-find upper levels. We’ve been publishing unique shopping guides since 1998. Local designers, exclusive imports, vintage, gourmet, men’s wear, women’s wear and homewares.
Don’t bother carrying bulky guidebooks, scouring the web or asking surly taxi drivers for suggestions. You can have insider information when and where you need it in a clear, accessible format.
Our regular shopping guide features
* 52 of the most interesting and unusual shops in the city
* High-end & affordable, quirky & cool, stylish & mature
* Full colour pictures revealing each shop
* Logos to help you find each shop at street level
* Engaging descriptions each shop
* Full contact details
These are all the features you get with Shopping Secrets Melbourne - the offline version. The app version cranks up the functionality. Check out what else you can do with the SHOP. app for your iPhone:
Native iPhone app features
The coolest function is the ‘Nearby’ button. Click on this to see the shops listed in order of proximity to where you are now.
Click the ‘venue’ button and with one tap you can:
1. Send an email alert about the shop to your friends
2. Call the shop
3. Visit the shops website
4. Add the shops contact details to your address book with a picture to remind you what it looks like
Click the ‘directions’ button and with one tap you can:
1. Get directions to the shop from your current location
2. Get directions to the shop from a specified location
3. See the shop marked on a map
We’ll be the friend in-the-know who whispers secrets in your ear.
As new places open we will reveal them to you so you’ll be the first to discover the hottest places in town.
And remember: Deck of Secrets is 100% independent. All shops are selected purely on their merits. No shops featured pay to appear in the guides. At all. Ever.