Chatterbox is a fortune teller or a cootie catcher (sometimes called a scrunchie and a chatterbox in Australia) for your iPhone. It is an origami device used in fortune-telling games. Predicting your future using paper fortune tellers was a common pastime during the grade school years. Paper fortune tellers magically told who liked you, who hated you, if you would be rich some day, and even answered questions.
We've made a fortune teller that can be customized by anyone. Included are a few sets, but there is room for you to make many more.
Example of one of the included sets:
DISASTROUS DATING FORTUNE SET (Quick ice breaker for those with a sense of humor)
1. I lost my number, can I have yours?
2. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past you again?
3. Are you a parking ticket? (What?) You got fine written all over you.
4. Does my breath smell okay?
5. Is your dad a thief or something? Because someone stole the stars and put them in your eyes!
6. Here's 20$. Drink until I am really good looking, then come talk to me.
7. You sure have a great looking tooth.
8. You want me, I can smell it.
The game could be used to cheer someone up (by writing a bunch of encouraging fortunes), to play a trick on someone (by writing all bad fortunes), to help with dating by perhaps writing eight fortunes that all tell the person you're interested in that they are "meant to dance with you". It's up to you. The game is a common pastime for kids in school but, make up your own sets of fortunes and you'll find that the fun of playing with a fortune teller doesn't diminish just because you're no longer in school.
How to Play:
A player asks a question, then chooses a color. The chatterbox shuffles, the player chooses a number and after the final shuffle the player chooses a final number. Their fortune or answer to their question is then revealed.