HazRef 2008 gives you the power to browse and search a portable database of nearly 3,000 hazardous materials as identified by the United States Code of Federal Regulations.
In addition to material transportation information, HazRef 2008 also provides easy access to all 61 emergency response guides found in the US government's "Emergency Response Guide 2008" manual as well as a visual database of common DOT placards organized by hazard class, a glossary of hazardous material terms and other useful features. The entire database resides on your iPhone meaning no network connection is required to access any of these features.
• Search Materials/Placards/Guides
• Browse by name, UN number or hazard class
• Browse visual database of DOT placards
• Browse Emergency Response guides
• Browse Hazard ID Code
• Glossary of terms
• Emergency contacts by region
• Rail Car/Road Trailer Identification
• Map incidents to determine isolation and protective action zones (Network connection required for this feature ).
Map incidents are displayed at the current location of the device, but they can be selected and moved to the incident location by touching and holding the incident pin. Wind direction on the map can be changed by dragging the orange arrow at the bottom right of the screen to show the direction the wind is blowing.
Please note, not all hazardous materials are mappable. Materials that are mappable can be identified by the green placard background while browsing.