Subscribe to our newsletter:

Can I Eat

$1.99
iPhone / iPad
Genres:
  • Utilities
  • Health & Fitness
I want this app
Download from AppStore

Your weight goal is managed by the decisions you make each day. What happened yesterday is gone, it cannot be changed and tomorrow is not here yet.

The "Can I Eat" app will help you. Whether you are on a diet or just do not want to gain any weight. “Can I Eat” provides you up-to-date information to balance your meals against daily exercise along with your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). You expend energy no matter what you're doing, even when sleeping. Thus your Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day. This baseline will account for 60% to 75% of your daily calorie expenditure. Digestion of food and physical activity will account for the remaining 25% to 40% of daily calorie expenditure. Entering some basic information in the settings allows your BMR to be calculated. The generated BMR can be overridden as needed.
"Can I Eat"'s Main view is a sophisticated "dashboard" which combines the following factors to tell you at a glance where your food intake is compared to your goal.
1) Today’s calories burned by exercise
2) Your customized BMR
3) Daily caloric goal
4) Calories consumed
5) A graph of past decisions is also optionally displayed.


All the images are touch controllable; touching each one displays its numerical value. Moving the object is also possible. Here are a few examples:
a) Drag the bottom of the graph down to capture additional exercise calories.
b) Drag the handles on either side of the graph to add consumed calories or to adjust that day's calorie loss goal.
c) The graph can be moved left and right to see other days.

Please note that a day's entry in the Historical graph will dynamically change while you are adjusting the main graph.

Most people have a regular weekly exercise schedule. "Can I Eat" easily accommodates this schedule in it's settings panel. Of course each days default value can be adjusted as needed.

If you are below your goal when you go to bed- then you are on track and losing weight. If you are in the red.. well tomorrow is another day to get back on track.

I have not included a food <==> calorie lookup database in "Can I Eat”. After a few weeks or months of calorie counting a lot of people start looking a plate of food and come up with an approximate number for those calories. Every now and then they will need to look up a specific food to learn it's caloric content. "Can I Eat” was written to allow quick data capture along with immediate feedback on a person's caloric balance.

Information on BMR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_rate