!! Gives you direct access to the iPhone accelerometer data!
Pro version saves the collected data on the Flash file system of the device allowing a very large amount of data to be collected, and allows the data to be accessed after the application is restarted.
The Accelerometer Data application gives you direct access to the iPhone accelerometer data. The data can be streamed to your computer using UDP, or the accelerometer data can be captured, and transferred off the iPhone as a CSV (comma-separated) data file over wifi.
There are three primary uses for this application:
1. You wish to use the 3D accelerometers in the iPhone for data collection. This is finding use in acceleration-oriented experiments in science classes, for science fair projects, collecting shock/acceleration data when moving sensitive instrumentation and other uses related to acceleration data collection. You can define the rate of sampling, and number of samples to collect, and download the data as a CSV file (via a built-in web server).
2. You wish to use the 3D accelerometers for data collection, but you wish to collect the data continuously and in real-time. The Streaming Mode will continually send the acceleration data to your application via a UDP port, for collection by your server-side application.
3. You are an iPhone developer and are using the simulator. This application will allow you to stream the device acclerometer data into your application when run under the simulator.
- Complete, unfiltered access to the X, Y, Z accelerometer data.
- Streaming (UDP) data: unicast or broadcast, configurable port.
- Batch mode collection:
o Configurable sampling rate
o Built-in web server to allow data to be downloaded as a CSV file.
- Configurable data filtering (None, Low Pass, High Pass)
- Low Pass Filter - Allows you to focus on device orientation while smoothing out instantaneous motions.
- High Pass Filter - Allows you to focus on instantaneous motions, while reducing effects of orientation.
--> Example Experimental Projects:
1. Use the iPhone/iTouch as the bob of a pendulum, collecting the acceleration data from the pendulum.
2. Use the iPhone/iTouch on a “sled” down a ramp, collecting the acceleration data from the pendulum.
3. Collection motion data from elevators, roller coasters, sky diving, ...
Difference between Accelerometer Data and the Pro version:
1. The base Accelerometer Data application collects the data in memory which creates a limit for the number of samples that can be collected. The collected data is not available when the application is restarted.
2. The Pro version stores the collected data on the Flash file system on the device, allowing a very large amount of data to be collected, up to the free space limit of the device. This data file is available via a web browser when the application is restarted. Multiple data files may be collected.
3. Pro version captures up to 100 HZ, and has robust file manager.
Also checkout other fine software at Wavefront Labs:
★ Sensor Data Capture Collection
✔ Sensor Data - Professional data capture for all sensors including accelerometer, compass, GPS, and gyros.
✔ Motion Data - Capture integrated accelerometer, compass, and GPS data
✔ Accelerometer Data Pro - Capture and manage accelerometer data in Flash files
✔ Accelerometer Data - Capture accelerometer data in RAM
✔ Compass Data - Capture compass data
✔ Magnetic Data - Capture magnetic field data
★ Games Collection
✔ Falling - Descend through a cave jumping on a rising set of platforms
✔ Tube Runner - The 3D vortex game
★ Utilities Collection
✔ Calendar View - Display your email ICS Calendar invites
✔ System Tools - Inspect your iPhone / iTouch