'The World's Largest Audio Guide'
As seen in Apple's iPhone ads and featured in the NY Times, Washington Post, USA Today, National Geographic, United Airlines, CNET, CNN, Fx Business News, Westways, Salon.com (more at www.HearPlanet.com/news).
HearPlanet 4.x Includes:
- "Universal Application" Full screen on iPad & iPhone
- iPhone 5 screen format
- Receive notifications when featured places are nearby (Go to: More > Settings > Notifications to customize settings.)*
- Plus many more enhancements and updates!
* HearPlanet makes every effort to assure efficient use of your device's power resources. When featured Location notifications are on, we utilize Apple's power efficient "Significant-Change Location Service" in the background to notify you of cool places when you're traveling. This said, we are required to make the disclaimer that, "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
Additional HearPlanet (Premium Version) features:
- Save and sort locations, and download content for offline use. (Just tap 'Action' (+) and 'Save to Collection' from any list. You can create Collections of places you want to visit, customize the order to create tours, and download to use offline whenever you're traveling or without a data connection. Even works in 'Airplane Mode'.)
- One tap play/pause (with 'window-shade' audio controls on iPhone).
- Geolocation finds the attractions closest to you.
- Search for places anywhere in the world by searching for 'What?' and/or 'Where?' to find locations you want.
- Filter places and searches by category; including Landmarks, Recreation, Culture and Entertainment, Food and Drink, and more.
- Toggle between text and map views (includes Apple's Vector Maps in iOS 6)
- New content and sources added all the time.
- Global coverage with over 300,000 locations
- Share places with friends and family, sending postcards via email, Facebook and SMS.
- Save Favorites for quick access
- Customize what sources are included in your content feed.
- Specify your start mode.
- Turn detail pop-ups on/off.
- Turn 'Auto Play' on/off (plays next item when item before is done).
- Distance in Miles or Kilometers.
Here's what Apple's Ads say about HearPlanet:
“Imagine a guidebook that speaks to you. With iPhone as your audio guide you’ll get the scoop on landmarks, historic sites and more – in countless cities worldwide – without taking your eyes off the sights.”
Your iPhone or iPad is now your Audio Guide to the World.
- - -
In the News:
National Geographic Adventure Magazine: "Looking for the coolest attractions nearby? HearPlanet will find them… Like having a tour guide in your pocket…”
United Airlines’ Hemispheres Magazine: "The best kind of travel guide -- one that requires no reading." "an exhaustive audio guidebook...”
Salon.com: “If you like to go sightseeing when you travel, then you’ll love HearPlanet.”
“This is a great app! …found interesting facts about places nearby. Excellent stuff.” D.T. – UK
“Very very impressive app indeed! Will be using this extensively!” Brunott – South Africa
“I learnt more about the place I’ve lived for 20 years than I ever knew.” M.S. – UK
“I use this all the time while traveling now. Great way to learn about a location.” Sivmica – US
- - -
You’ll be amazed how easy it is to access all the landmarks, historic sites, cultural spots, nature areas, famous buildings, sports venues, recreation areas and more, in a way that really speaks to you. It’s like having a professional tour guide always by your side!
Use HearPlanet to learn all about the places you go, as well as what’s around you every day. It’s a great way to learn about your surroundings and you’ll be amazed at what you find.
We appreciate your feedback and we're working hard to deliver the features you request. Send feedback directly to email@example.com. We’d love to hear what you think and what you’d like to see next.