PocketMeter is on sale - for just $0.99!
PocketMeter is specifically designed for your iPhone 3G and 3GS. It will not work on the first generation iPhone (as the microphone is not sensitive enough).
"PocketMeter was able to measure the distance of the room within .5 inches of the actual distance. Not too shabby."
- Tyler Tschida, appleiphoneapps.com
PocketMeter allows you to measure distances. It emits sound and measures the time it takes for the echo to return. Just point it towards a wall or floor, touch the screen and it will show you the distance.
Use it for quick measurements when you do not have a tape measure or ruler in your pocket, for example to measure the height of a ceiling or the size of a room.
- Measure distances from approx. 8 inches (20 cm) up to 13 feet (4 m).
- Achieved accuracy can be less than 0.4 inches (1 cm).
- Distance can be shown in several metric or imperial unit formats.
- Uses the same technologies usually found in active sonar or radar systems.
Like any technology interacting with the real world surrounding us (speech recognition, GPS, ...), there are cases, where it might not work 100% satisfying. We are constantly trying to improve PocketMeter and already have some nice enhancements in the pipeline.
To see PocketMeter in action, visit our Web site at www.pocketmeter.ch